Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:54 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,803,633 times

Advertisements

There was a program on HGTV the other day, a repeat, but it was on the 'Worlds Longest Yard Sale' and went thru the parts of TN that I LOVE! My hubby joked that we'll have to go on vacations that week of the year, otherwise I'd be spending all the savings!!! LOL!! I LOVE Yard Sales!! I also put on yard sales 2-3 times thru spring summer and fall. That's usually how I finance our vacations.

Anyone here involved with it?

Yet another great perk to move to TN!!

blessings, Shen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 PM

20 posts, read 64,969 times
What parts of TN does this yard sale go through. That is definitely a big perk - I love yard sales!

Old 03-30-2007, 01:35 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,873,725 times
Smile Rt #127 Early AUG.

Yes last year quite HOT. Ky-TENN-ALA, Route #127, which is the Sequatchie valley / Dunlap in the southern section. Believe about 10 days long / 2 weekends. Early - mid Aug last year about 95 Degrees I believe.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:49 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
Yes last year quite HOT. Ky-TENN-ALA, Route #127, which is the Sequatchie valley / Dunlap in the southern section. Believe about 10 days long / 2 weekends. Early - mid Aug last year about 95 Degrees I believe.
It looked quite hot from the program, and it stormed one day of the sale. I've been looking at properties from Pikeville on up, but am just now checking Realtor.com for east of Ooltewah, just in case I get that job with a certain insurance company located there (as well as Knoxville, Franklin/Nashville, and Memphis). No way are we going near Memphis, tho. We're in Western PA, 40 miles from Pittsburgh, with mountains, hills, lots of green, lakes and ponds, etc.

We're looking for either acreage to buy 15 acres + for under $50k, or an established property under $200k, same acreage.

blessings, Shen

Old 03-30-2007, 02:25 PM

4 posts, read 21,183 times
Where in SW PA? I'm from West Newton we're moving to the Tri-cities area.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Nay View Post
Where in SW PA? I'm from West Newton we're moving to the Tri-cities area.
I know where West Newton is, have gone thru there many times. I used to live in Elrama. I now live outside of Ellwood City, which is about 40 miles north of Pittsburgh (north of Cranberry - south of Grove City Shoppes).

blessings, Shen

Old 04-01-2007, 07:57 AM

39 posts, read 185,951 times
the sale goes down 127...which goes through Crossville

the locals hate the sale

Old 04-02-2007, 06:17 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,376,856 times
Hello again, Shen. The sale runs along the U.S. 127 corrider. It was organized several years ago in Jamestown. The August heat can be quite cozy, even on the Plateau. This year I plan to rub on some steak sauce instead of sunscreen. Incidentally, the state's largest weekend flea market is near Crossville.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 AM

12 posts, read 37,540 times
Default 127 Yard Sale

We don't nesecarily hate the sale, it is all the traffic that were not used to and for those of us that are working during that week it is hard to adjust to it. Although on the flip side of that, we can walk out of our office and go shopping on our lunch break! We love the sale too because of course out of towners bring more business!!! If you are interested come through our town of Dunlap. There are great antique sellers here and also people who are selling because thier husbands have made them clean out thier closets!!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:27 PM

63 posts, read 294,111 times
You mean I can bring all my stuff with me and then sell it at a yard sale whoopee!! hahaaa my hubby would flip! we are the two worlds biggest pack rats we have 20 year old baby clothes if you can believe it (some with tags on them) hahaha Yikes! Sounds like fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee