Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:34 PM

38 posts, read 153,585 times

Advertisements

No, actually i didnt know that. Thanks for the info. & the link to that page.

Yeah, so i think we're just going to take the flight to Chattanooga then.

And thanks soo much, that would be great. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
I don't think the moderators would object if you posted a question about nice, small towns around Chattanooga in the Chattanooga forum (just restate what you're looking for, being as specific as possible). Some of the people most familiar with the area might overlook your question in the main Tennessee forum. They don't like double posts on C-D normally, but you really have two questions: "What are some nice, small towns around Nashville?", and "What are some nice, small towns around Chattanooga?" I go to Chattanooga quite often, but I'm not all that familiar with the smaller towns in the area; or at least I don't know enough to recommend one to someone.

If you haven't noticed already, there a few people from New Jersey who have already moved to Tennessee. For the most part, they seem to think the move was the right one for them. Of course, as we tell anyone contemplating a move such as yours, do your homework, take your time, get familiar with the area, and then decide if it's right for you (no places is right for everyone; Montana looks absolutely gorgeous to me, but I couldn't take the winters there). For some people Tennessee is the right place to be, for others someplace else would work better. Most of us here just try to provide the information requested so that someone can determine if they want to take the next step.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:14 PM

Yeah i think your right. So i should make a new post ? And try to get some answers from some folks around there. But is there any country towns that you know of near Chattanooga ? Because i know a couple friends out there. So it would be nice to be close to them.

And yeah i think your right, but ive looked in many other states including...Georgia, North Carolina, Alabama, Michigan. And i just think Tennessee is the place for us. Amd my daughter is also determined to move there. She thinks its beautiful there. So that is our choosen state, now were just looking for the right town and so forth.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:07 PM

13 posts, read 48,257 times
Lightbulb Hohenwald, Tennessee

I am a resident of Hohenwald in Lewis County, Tennessee. Hohenwald is definitely a small, friendly country town. It is about an hour and half from Nashville though. The population of Hohenwald is about 5000 and the population of Lewis County is about 13000. The people here are very friendly, and just about everyone knows your name. Now, Hohenwald is not for everybody. It is very country and backwoods redneck. And it is small; no kidding the place to be for teenagers is Walmart. It is a good length away from Nashville but Columbia is very close. Columbia is only about 40 minutes away and has a population of probably 50000. Columbia and Maury County (the county in which it lies) has pretty much anything you could want including two malls, several restaurants, and all kinds of jobs and businesses. But back to Hohenwald, the crime rate here is very low and the cost of living is very low. An acre of land here is about $7000. The county is strown is all kinds of history including the mysterious death of explorer Meriweather Lewis, for which the county is named, and many of the downtown buildings are nearly 90 years old. The land is also full creeks, rivers, and lakes. We are celebrating the bicentennial of the death of Meriweather Lewis in I think October 2009. Its suppossed to be a huge celebration if you would like to check Hohenwald out then.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,225 times
Theres are alot of nice houses in Springfield. I live just outside of there(a small place called Barren Plains) and then Theres Cedar Hill and Adams.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:25 PM

27,344 posts, read 27,397,752 times
I recently went to Clarksville and loved it. The folks were very friendly, and Im not used to some cowboy holding a door open and tipping his hat. And I love those southern accents.
Only being there once, I can only share my pleasant experience and not be too quick to jump the gun on saying 'I want to live there', but would definately go back again and again!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:19 AM

196 posts, read 640,623 times
I would highly recommend Cookeville. Very nice town. Moved here 4 months ago and love it!

Old 09-26-2009, 10:21 AM

231 posts, read 585,902 times
I second the motion on Cookeville. Awesome small town charm with larger city amenities.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:41 PM

Default Still Looking too Relocate !

Well as some of you know, ive had posts up before about trying too relocate too a small Country town in Tennessee . I still havent found a town that fitted even close too what im searching for. So im still looking any information would be Greatly appreciated !

For those of you that havent seen any of my other posts -

Im Looking for a small country town, with a small population. Thats near Nashville perferably, but any other major city is okay too. Im looking for a town with a country feel too it. & My 16 year old daughter is into horses, so im looking for somewhere with horses in the town . Im in the medical field, Ive always worked for Doctors or Hospitals as a receptionist or a biller. And im hoping too move into a farmhouse down there, I think it would fit best for me & my 3 daughters and my 9 year old Grandson.

If you have any information on any towns/cities that fit my description for the most part, please dont hesitate too share any information.

Thankss : )

Old 12-01-2009, 10:57 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britt09 View Post
Well as some of you know, ive had posts up before about trying too relocate too a small Country town in Tennessee . I still havent found a town that fitted even close too what im searching for. So im still looking any information would be Greatly appreciated !

For those of you that havent seen any of my other posts -

Im Looking for a small country town, with a small population. Thats near Nashville perferably, but any other major city is okay too. Im looking for a town with a country feel too it. & My 16 year old daughter is into horses, so im looking for somewhere with horses in the town . Im in the medical field, Ive always worked for Doctors or Hospitals as a receptionist or a biller. And im hoping too move into a farmhouse down there, I think it would fit best for me & my 3 daughters and my 9 year old Grandson.

If you have any information on any towns/cities that fit my description for the most part, please dont hesitate too share any information.

Thankss : )
have you looked into Westmoreland , TN or Bell Buckle, TN? They seem to fit your description.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee