Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times

Advertisements

I'm back on. That was really terrifying. As it turned out, here, it was just a thunderstorm, but that is what we live with. It sure looked like we had a ton of tornadoes barreling towards us.

Thank you to everyone that reported in. It looks like everyone turned out okay. Kentucky might have got some damage. I sure hope not.

Queen1972, I've lived through 34 years of snowstorms. Give me a break. Thanks for the concern. That was really thoughtless.

For the rest of the people that kept asking for info about moving to Tennessee while we were under tornado warnings, well, don't think I will answer your questions. Ever. In fact, lately, the way I feel, I really don't plan on answering any questions ever again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 09:49 PM

63 posts, read 327,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I'm back on. That was really terrifying. As it turned out, here, it was just a thunderstorm, but that is what we live with. It sure looked like we had a ton of tornadoes barreling towards us.

Thank you to everyone that reported in. It looks like everyone turned out okay. Kentucky might have got some damage. I sure hope not.

Queen1972, I've lived through 34 years of snowstorms. Give me a break. Thanks for the concern. That was really thoughtless.

For the rest of the people that kept asking for info about moving to Tennessee while we were under tornado warnings, well, don't think I will answer your questions. Ever. In fact, lately, the way I feel, I really don't plan on answering any questions ever again.

Hiknapster: glad the storms were not as bad as expected. I know exactly how you feel during the storms. I used to feel the same way when I lived back in TN. In reading your last post, why the comment on not answering any questions ever again?

Old 04-03-2007, 09:57 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Its really windy here now. I love having no humidity. In Florida I would be dying of the heat this time of year, by now!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:11 PM

63 posts, read 327,897 times
I was just watching the weather channel (weather junkie, here) and it looks like Chattanooga will be getting hit soon. I used to like up on Signal Mtn, just outside Chattanooga. My dad lives in So. Pittsburg right off I-24, the weather lady said the interstate is getting hit hard up that way. Hope everyone stays safe back there, I'm out west in the high desert we could use some of that rain (but no storms, thank you!).

Old 04-03-2007, 10:51 PM

117 posts, read 488,349 times
Angry Excuse me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Excuse me! WOW, I was meerly making a response about bad weather, and the fact that where I am it is snowing in APRIL! Not saying that thunderstorms aren't bad, I have lived through tornados and have lived through hurricanes. I was meerly responding with how bad the weather is everywhere, did not ask for a thoughtless response back or a rude one. Just answering your generalized question. GEE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Queen1972; 04-03-2007 at 11:19 PM..

Old 04-03-2007, 11:45 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
I'm so glad that you all turned out ok.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:47 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times
I am also glad everyone faired well during and after the storms and nothing damaged. Here in the Tri Cites we also had some lightning and thunder, some hard rain. We heard from news there were a few small trees down but nothing serious and no damage, which is always good.
Hiknapster, I understand your fear of storms and can empathize. Personally I kinda like watching the lightning and rather enjoy the storms (as long as they aren't severe and damaging!) But I used to hate them and was fearful of them too. I think all of us that have lived through FL hurricanes get that fear now even if we aren't there. But please remember that lots of folks at the other end of a keyboard my not understand the fear. It really isn't fair to fault them for continuing on with their thoughts when where they are is not having severe weather. Please don't take it personally, I really believe they weren't discounting your true fear of the storm, they just didn't realize it. I am so glad you and your family are ok.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:57 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,654,480 times
Chattanooga got hit w/heavy winds and rain but nothing major. Kind of sounded like a freight train outside. Just enough hail to tinkle on the windows. I got lucky! I have inherited a new patio umbrella lol

Old 04-04-2007, 06:58 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,654,480 times
And Queen, we are just jealous that we only got 2 inches of snow this year and most likely will see no more

Old 04-04-2007, 08:09 AM

119 posts, read 384,388 times
Here in south-central Indiana we got some bad storms too. Lots of lightning and thunder. Strong wind. But it seems to have turned out okay. I hate storms too...wish I had a basement. That's why any house I buy in TN will have one (we've looked at several so far). We are told Oak Ridge doesn't have a high risk of tornadoes....but I still want a basement. haha

Queen....where are you that you were getting snow? I hate that stuff too. LOL Today our temps dropped about 30 degrees from the high yesterday do today. So everyone is having sinus issues. Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee