Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 07:04 PM

851 posts, read 2,457,898 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if there has been any waterline pipe work going on in McMinn County? I have property on County Road 273, Niota,Tn. Back in January someone told us that they were going to lay pipeline for water in the Spring on County Road 273. I haven't heard anything. I thought if there was any road work going on, then someone on this forum would know about it.
I don't know who to contact about it. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks again and have a safe and great holiday weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 09:11 PM

821 posts, read 2,011,564 times
Hello neighbor to be
I just ask my husband and he said not yet, I can drive by there next week if you want me to and check

Old 05-23-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach1966 View Post
Hello neighbor to be
I just ask my husband and he said not yet, I can drive by there next week if you want me to and check
That would really be nice. But don't go out of your way. Are you familar with the area? We had the property cleared. It's hard to keep an eye on what is going on, since we live in Florida right now.
Thank you, have a Great holiday weekend. Be safe.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:07 PM

yes, I know the area
I'm only about 5 miles or so from there

Old 05-26-2009, 06:48 PM

ok, got my husband to drive over there with me (he knows everyone that lives around here)
it's 2.5 miles from my driveway to the start of that road
now, my husband wants to know who you bought the land from
he thinks Bowaters, if so it has been cleared off some, but looks like garbage or something has been dumped on it, not sure if that was already there or not and not sure if that's your place

Old 05-26-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
ok, got my husband to drive over there with me (he knows everyone that lives around here)
it's 2.5 miles from my driveway to the start of that road
now, my husband wants to know who you bought the land from
he thinks Bowaters, if so it has been cleared off some, but looks like garbage or something has been dumped on it, not sure if that was already there or not and not sure if that's your place
We bought 10 acres from Mr Holmes. I don't know who had it before that. Did it look like about 8 acres cleared? There is a house across the street and they have horses. I don't know about garbage on it , I know that the man that cleared it was going to burn, but last I heard he had to wait until it was safe and dry but not too dry. We haven't heard anymore. Thank you so much for checking that for me. Hope you have a wonderful week. Be safe.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:06 AM

is it the first area when you turn down the road on the left
a corner lot?
becasue after you pass that corner lot that has been cleared off, you come to the McCosh farm and he owns most of the land on both side of the road after that corner lot

Old 05-27-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
is it the first area when you turn down the road on the left
a corner lot?
becasue after you pass that corner lot that has been cleared off, you come to the McCosh farm and he owns most of the land on both side of the road after that corner lot
There's 5 acres(not cleared, at corner), 5 cleared,10 acres cleared(ours),5 acres with a drive cut thru, then pastures. All of those except the pasture were purchased from Mr Holmes.
Did you notice if they started the water pipe work?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 PM

no, they have not started the water pipe line work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee