Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:21 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

One more thing. Oak Ridge is pure sprawl. There's no real downtown area. Every place I went I parked in a parking lot not out on the street. It's called a city, probably because it has it's own school system and utilities separate from the rest of Anderson County, but it feels like suburbia not a city, or I wouldn't move there.

I would be remiss if I didn't tell you I don't like what I read about the drug related crime and since I will be renting if that factor becomes an issue of uneasiness, I'll leave as I am not used to that where I live now. If you read the daily newspaper regularly, you'll know what neighborhood to avoid as the newspaper prints the addresses of the offenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 06:53 AM

3 posts, read 3,117 times
you should be in the research business or work for the newspaper, alot of good information. i have purchased property (whole mountainside) in Cosby, but will pay a visist to this area as well. thanks.
p.s. do you know anything about the Disney project to be in Sevierville?

Old 04-18-2007, 12:03 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
I think I had heard the Disney thing was an unfounded rumor that resurfaces from time to time, for years now...

Old 04-19-2007, 08:48 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsy1946 View Post
you should be in the research business or work for the newspaper, alot of good information. i have purchased property (whole mountainside) in Cosby, but will pay a visist to this area as well. thanks.
p.s. do you know anything about the Disney project to be in Sevierville?
I just retired from the Research arm of a government agency. I don't know anything about Disney but logically, I don't know why Disney would build in a place that is only near regional airports.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:21 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
From my understanding that is pure unsubstantiated rumor. (Disney in TN) And I have been asking a lot of questions locally since that was first brought up here on this forum. Can I ask where you heard that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee