Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 06:09 AM

38 posts, read 124,297 times

Advertisements

Tek Freek,
My father's dream was to move out of Fort Lauderdale to Tennessee sadly he had a heart attack and was implanted with a Guidant difiblirator. After his surgery he was contiuously sick and was loosing alot of weight. We knew there were implants from Guidant which were recalled but my father's was not on the list. The healthcare he received was worse than poor and therefore he died within one year. Six months after his passing because of his complaining there was something wrong with the implant we looked it up on the computer and there it was recalled due to malfunction. Guidant covered this up. My father was my only support and I am moving out of this horrible place to carry out his dream. I do believe there are caring people and a better life ahead for me, my daughter and dogs in Tennessee. I am a receptionist for a law firm and will need an inexpensive home and employment. I am looking for a place where I can breathe, have beautiful surroundings and supportive friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,467 times
My son and daughter in law and 2 girls are looking to move to Tenn as well. They plan to leave Florida in about 3 weeks. They are looking for nature..cooler temps. and a quieter calmer life style. He has been in remodeling, tile laying etc and she has a day care directors lic that is good nation wide. The girls are age 5 and 14 and will need good schools and activities. They are thinking maybe around Nashville or Chatanooga area but do not want to be right in the big city..more country..any suggestions that could help them find the right place?? All responses are appreciated...Thank You

Old 11-05-2009, 02:02 PM

11 posts, read 21,929 times
Default Welcome Weary Floridians

We escaped the heat, traffic and stress of FL about 2 years ago. Could not pay us to go back. We had a lot of luck working with Century 21 realtors. The Sparta, Crossville & Cookeville areas are very nice. Sparta has that warm, hometown feel. Crossville is a little more active, but still has quiet surrounding areas. Cookeville is the "big city" for us. The Sparta area is located almost 2 hours equally between Knoxville, Nashville or Chattanooga. If you need to continue to work, you may want to ease closer to one of the Big 3 cities. All the best.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,136 times
Oh my, we are actually really excited about moving to tn. We are not sure what part yet. Any advise from tn residents. Love the mountains and weather.

Any advise/ moving from florida to tn

Last edited by mbmouse; 02-04-2010 at 05:27 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 08:40 PM

851 posts, read 2,457,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYOU View Post
Oh my, we are actually really excited about moving to tn. We are not sure what part yet. Any advise from tn residents. Love the mountains and weather.

Any advise/ moving from florida to tn
Good luck in your search. You might have better luck getting a response if you put this on your own thread. That way it isn't hidden. The one you hopped on is about 3-4 years old. and maybe give some details. Like: what are you interested in? where will you be working? Do you need school system? Anything special that you are looking for? Everyone on this forum have been very helpful to me. And we are moving to TN this year. Where are you in FL if you don't mind me asking?

Old 02-05-2010, 01:31 PM

11 posts, read 21,929 times
Default TN Mountains

Just about any place on the Plateau that divides Middle TN from Eastern TN is a winner. With I-40 closeby, you can be anywhere in a matter of hours. We love the Sparta/Crossville area. We are surrounded by waterfalls. We got just enough snow to have a blast this year. Nice people. Very affordable for retirees. Come enjoy the beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee