Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 08:05 PM

92 posts, read 366,995 times

Advertisements

Hi, many of you know me from before when I was asking about towns around Nashville, well my husband didn't get that job but we are comming down again next week, he has an interview in Tazewell and one in Tullahoma. Any info about either town would be appreciated. I would like to buy an older home, arts and crafts or victorian in the country. Have no idea which job if either he will get but i am hoping for Tullahoma because it is not too far from Nashville but will be happy as long as we get to TN. Thanks Diane Eileen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 06:54 PM

49 posts, read 185,796 times
Hi, I asked a friend who lives in Tullahoma to tell me a little about the town. This is her reply:

Tell her it’s a smaller town, it only has a strip mall with Dillards, Big Lots, JC Pennies and a health food store in it.

We have K-mart, Office Max, Walmart and several restaurants; think we have more restaurants than anything. We have the hospital in the center of town. Tullahoma has great schools, my daughter is going to transfer to Tullahoma school when she is in the 6th grade. As far as the country, she will not have a problem buying, It just depends on her price really, they have older ones and brand new ones as well. I would rent first if I were her for about six months to let her get the feel of Tullahoma and see what area she likes better. We have the east side that will have country and is closer to the interstate I-24, then on the west side is really country is Lynchburg~~~boy that town IS 100% country!!! Do you know where the man is going for his interview. If it’s at the air force base, she would like around me, we are really country and just 10 miles from the interstate.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:21 PM

98 posts, read 388,621 times
Tullahoma isnt that close to Nashville. I used to date a gal from Winchester, TN and it took us an hour and a half to get to there.

Last edited by Braves_fan; 04-27-2007 at 07:39 PM..

Old 04-27-2007, 07:54 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,376,856 times
Default Tazewell, TN

Hello, Dianeeileen. I am familiar with Tazewell. It is north of Knoxville and not far from Kentucky. It is the seat of Claiborne County. The town of New Tazewell is next door. The area has furniture industries, a Wal-Mart and a few grocery stores and restaurants. Lincoln Memorial University is nearby. Norris Lake and Cumberland Gap National Historical Park offer recreational activities. Many people shop In Middlesboro, KY which is considerably larger with many more shopping facilities. The Kentucky sales tax is substantially lower than Tennessee's.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:08 AM

92 posts, read 366,995 times
Default Thankyou

Hi I really appreciate the heads up on the towns, my husband is interviewing for the State of TN, Childrens Division both in Tazewell, and Tullahoma, and just got a call back yesterday about an interview in Nashville, it was a job he was turned down for and the guy didn't work out so... Any way we will be comming down the second and staying for four or five days, possiably longer if he finds out right then if he has one of the jobs. Does any one have any suggestions about small towns near Tullahoma and Tazewell ? I really love the country. Thanks Diane Eileen

Old 04-28-2007, 04:21 PM

29 posts, read 119,688 times
Lynchburg is probably the best country site near Tullahoma. My daughter plays AAU basketball for Moore County, which is in Lynchburg. We drive there 2 or 3 times a week. Big rolling hills,very nice people. Old time town square. Its only a 10-15 minute drive from Tullahoma. Tullahoma isn't far from Nashville. Even got a couple of celebs from around Lynchburg and Tullahoma areas.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:33 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeeileen View Post
Does any one have any suggestions about small towns near Tullahoma and Tazewell ? I really love the country. Thanks Diane Eileen
I had to laugh when I read that, because with a population of 2,150 I think Tazewell IS a small town. The countryside around Tazewell is absolutely beautiful, very peaceful. I have friends up there with a horse farm. The wife commutes to a job in Knoxville every day (50 miles one-way) and wouldn't have it any other way.

If you'd rather take the Tullahoma job, I agree with connieD, Lynchburg is a quaint little town. It's a bit touristy because of the Jack Daniels distillery, but still very quaint. It's worth the drive to Lynchburg just to eat at Miss Mary Bobo's (best yeast rolls you will ever put in your mouth).

Still, in my opinion, if you want to experience small-town Tennessee and live in beautiful, hilly countryside, my vote would be for Tazewell.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:39 PM

8 posts, read 35,358 times
Tullahoma has a population of just over 20,000. Tullahoma is a regional retail hub serving an 8 county market area, and being the biggest city in the immediate vicinity. We have a lot of shopping opprotunities with 1 enclosed mall, numerous strip malls, and lots of diverse eateries. Tullahoma has great recreation with 2 recreation centers, 7 city parks, indoor and outdoor pools, greenway trails, hiking and picnic areas and is surronded by lakes and wildlife. Tullahoma does have good schools, although I would not call them outstanding as they have fallen behind what they use to be somewhat. Tullahoma has opprotunites for all, with big town ammenities and small town charm.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,940 times
Smile Homes

My Daughter In Law Angie Miller With Century 21 Could Assist You With The Home You Are Looking For She Is With Century 21 In Winchester Tn.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:16 AM

451 posts, read 1,371,345 times
Estill Springs is a lovely little community about 6-7 miles from Tullahoma, Excellent elementary school called Rock Creek Elementary. Right on Tims Ford Lake... beautiful houses on the lake, quiet little greenway trails, nice 4 lane hwy leading to Tullahoma or Winchester/ A gated community is being built between Estill and Tullahoma. Just outside town is instant 'country'. IMO you wouldn't go wrong here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee