Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 06:34 PM

665 posts, read 1,926,200 times

Advertisements

I went to the city profile of Dandrige (hope its spelled right),I also received a packet from the chamber of commerce there. The town seems to have all I am ooking for, at least in pictures and written info,I have been to Tn once , coming again this summer, I plan on visiting the Dandrige area also to see myself, BUT , being there are wonderful people here that know some about the town already, would you please share YOUR thoughts of the area....Thank you so much...phyllis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 03:59 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
Dandridge is the correct spelling.

I can't help you much. Other than knowing where it is, I don't know much about it.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:27 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,099,312 times
been through it a few times looking for property. not very big town but Jefferson City is just 10 minutes away north which is a little bigger with more stores. We settled on some property south of Dandrige almost to Newport just 15 minutes away. Not much else i can say. We were interested in that area too but changed our mind.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:00 AM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
I went to the city profile of Dandrige (hope its spelled right),I also received a packet from the chamber of commerce there. The town seems to have all I am ooking for, at least in pictures and written info,I have been to Tn once , coming again this summer, I plan on visiting the Dandrige area also to see myself, BUT , being there are wonderful people here that know some about the town already, would you please share YOUR thoughts of the area....Thank you so much...phyllis
I think Dandridge is an adorable little town. It's old and has an historic downtown area. I posted pics of Dandridge a couple of months ago on here, you can do a search and find them. The downtown area is right next to a huge lake, it's very scenic.

Since Dandridge is right off I-40, it's growing as more people choose to live there and commute into Knoxville to work. But it's still a very small town with just a couple of grocery stores and a few restaurants, but it's only about 10 minutes from Wal-Mart in Jefferson City and 30 minutes from a huge mall in East Knoxville.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I think Dandridge is an adorable little town. It's old and has an historic downtown area. I posted pics of Dandridge a couple of months ago on here, you can do a search and find them. The downtown area is right next to a huge lake, it's very scenic.

Since Dandridge is right off I-40, it's growing as more people choose to live there and commute into Knoxville to work. But it's still a very small town with just a couple of grocery stores and a few restaurants, but it's only about 10 minutes from Wal-Mart in Jefferson City and 30 minutes from a huge mall in East Knoxville.
Dandridge sounds just what I am looking for! Being I come the Jersey shore area, I was glad to see Dandridge had huge lake.I get the mountains AND the water, a small town, but close to bigger stores, and we are kind of looking for a home thats a fixxer upper, we wrote to the Chamber of Commerce in Dandride and they sent us a great package with a book of real estate in Dandrige ,and area.I am sure going to look for the pictures and cant wait to visit in July!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the info.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Dandridge sounds just what I am looking for! Being I come the Jersey shore area, I was glad to see Dandridge had huge lake.I get the mountains AND the water, a small town, but close to bigger stores, and we are kind of looking for a home thats a fixxer upper, we wrote to the Chamber of Commerce in Dandride and they sent us a great package with a book of real estate in Dandrige ,and area.I am sure going to look for the pictures and cant wait to visit in July!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the info.
I just worked with a great realtor who lives in Dandridge but she works in Jefferson city if you'd like her info. She just helped us purchase our property for us last week and we're here in FL. We worked with her for over a year and she was great.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
I just worked with a great realtor who lives in Dandridge but she works in Jefferson city if you'd like her info. She just helped us purchase our property for us last week and we're here in FL. We worked with her for over a year and she was great.
Yes, I would like the name, I will keep it handy, unfortunatley I have another schol yr where I am before being able to look , but would keep the realtors name in my TENNESEE packet I have , Thanks so much!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:54 AM

I'll send you a PM with the info.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,902 times
Quote:
I love living in Dandridge... Its a wonderful little town full of great people. It is centrally located . You can go to Knoxville, Jefferson City, Morristown and Sevierville are all within a half hour . Its wonderful. The community spirit here rivals no other. Come visit.. Dollywood and Cades Cove are beyond compare. You will love it.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:04 PM

61 posts, read 401,001 times
I drive through Dandridge every week. It's a beautiful little town. It's growing rather quickly. I don't live there, I live in Sevierville. Some friends of mine live there, just north of I-40. Since they are both in the real estate investment business I'm to assume that the location they chose is a good one. It is really centrally located. You can even head the other direction to Morristown where there is a mall.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee