Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 09:40 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times

Advertisements

I thought some of you actually living in Tennessee might appreciate this. On another large forum I'm a member of (not a C-D rival, Ms Moderator) we sometimes play a question and answer game.

One of the questions this morning was why leaves only turn red and yellow in the fall. I'm not sure where the person who asked this question is from, but I answered that he should come to Tennessee, we had every color imaginable in autumn. Jokingly, he then challenged me to find a lavender leaf color in Tennessee (he assumed I really couldn't do that).

I then sent him links to a few pictures of Tennessee in the fall, especially ones that had trees with lavender leaves. After seeing the photos he conceded that I had been truthful to him. In fact, he enjoyed the photos so much that he then went through the whole photo set on a link to pictures of the Smoky Mountains, and told me he now wanted to come for a visit.

Someone can make fun of us, but they better not challenge our trees! ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 09:48 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Thanks for sharing Alleycat. I was talking with someone this week and she relocated here from the northeast. She said that her family was shocked at how pretty the colors are here in the fall. She said that people in the Northeast USA seem to think that they have the market cornered on pretty fall colors and are oblivious of autumn in the south.

PS. I also frequent other forums as well; nothing wrong with that.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:53 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
I think I really surprised him when I could really show him photos of lavender and mauve leaves. He's a "buddy" so it was all in fun.

Here's his final comment: "Thank you for those magnificent photos--I saw the whole slide show. I've always known about the Smoky Mountains, but now you've inspired me to visit them."

Old 09-26-2009, 11:47 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,610,891 times
Autumn colors in Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina are some of the best around IMO.

There is still some color as you can see in the picture from last fall, taken on the way back from Roan Mountain.

Taken in Shady Valley

Taken up near the Tennessee/Virginia Border around Damascus

I LOVE fall in the Mountains of Tennesse and the rest of the SE. Awesome colors.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:05 AM

315 posts, read 1,006,304 times
What beautiful pictures. I can't wait til I live up in TN to enjoy every year.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:49 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,520,245 times
Why Leaves Change Color - Fact Sheet, autumn colors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: