Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2007, 12:59 PM

14 posts, read 71,901 times

Advertisements

Hi all! We are thinking of relocating to Tn from Way way west texas I am currently west of el paso in a very small town with a population of 1700 we currently drive 15 miles to the grocery store so being rural is not a problem. heres what I am looking for....
A nice small town that has good schools clean air low elevation low humidity low crime rate but yet not too far from the rat race say like 30 40 minutes. So far from my reseearch I have come up with Burns white bluff bon aqua and lyles and possibly nunnely any info on htese places or if there is a better lil place yall can think of I would love to hear about it! My mother is not in the greatest of helth thats why we are moving so good doctors not far away would be a definate plus! I also have a 16 yr old who is in the top 5% in the nation academically so he needs a good high schoool and I have a 3 yr old who they will probably never allow in schools as he is just plain ol honery! Also me and hubby like to go out dancing once in awhile the good ol two step any place that wouldnt be too far from being able to do that would be great too! like I said I dont mind driving to get the things we need at the stores or banking etc. just want a good ol small town with great people and good living! Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 11:20 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
Well, the places you mentioned would would work for you except for . . . humidity. There are a number of good hospitals in Nashville and you two would probably love the Wild Horse Saloon and other places like that, but there is no place in Middle Tennessee where it's not hot and humid in July and August. Burns, White Bluff, Pegram, and Kingston Springs would probably be a little more convenient for you.

You might also look at the areas around Chattanooga, for example, Monteagle. I don't know about the dance scene there, but the higher elevation areas would be a little less humid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee