Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2007, 01:12 PM

97 posts, read 395,825 times

Advertisements

Nashville to Murfreesboro....about how far is it? Is it a distance to travel to work without a big hassel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 01:31 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,777 times
Will you be traveling with the grain (Murf. to Nash. in the AM and reverse in the afternoon) or against it? If you're planning to live in Murfreesboro and work in Nashville, read on:

I-24 traffic smokes pole. It's bumper to bumper from Smyrna all the way through the I-40 merge. As you make your way (slowly) through the Hickory Hollow area, most of the neighboring cars will be driven by illegals with no insurance, so get the uninsured motorist rider on yours. Better yet, find somewhere else to live if your job is in downtown Nashville.

Consider Bellevue -- it is comparable to Murfreesboro in terms of safety, prices, and amenities.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 PM

97 posts, read 395,825 times
Would you consider Murfreesboro not safe? What county is Bellevue in? Thanks

Old 05-30-2007, 01:27 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Home View Post
Would you consider Murfreesboro not safe? What county is Bellevue in? Thanks
Bellevue is part of Metro Nashville. I live there, so if you need more information, just let me know.

Most people who live in Murfreesboro, or other parts of Rutherford County, seem to like it. Murfreesboro is big enough that there's probably a few areas there that aren't "safe" but it wouldn't be a problem finding a nice area.

The drive to and from Murfreesboro and Nashville is a pain in the butt however. That's really the big negative about Murfreesboro if you live there and work in Nashville. The worst time, of course, is rush hour; if you happen to work in a job when you commute during off-hours, then the drive wouldn't be nearly as bad. It depends a lot on where you work in Nashville as well; for example, if you worked near the airport, then the drive to and from Murfreesboro wouldn't be quite as bad as it would be if you worked in, say, MetroCenter.

There are other areas you could consider: Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, Kingston Springs, and others.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 AM

225 posts, read 1,143,891 times
I live in N. Murfreesboro and from my house to downtown Nashville (TPAC) is 34 miles. It is an easy commute of about 35 minutes unless I am driving through rush hour. During peak times it can take 50 minutes to an hour. Drive time to the airport is great and we usually make it in around 20 - 25 minutes.

Murfreesboro is an amazing city that provides an excellent quality of life, affordable housing, and has great schools. M'boro was selected by CNN and Money Magazine as one of the best places to live and is the fastest growing counth in the State. I find Murfreesboro to be a very safe place to live and raise a family.

P.S. Bellevue is a beautiful area but has nothing in common with M'boro! It is in Metro/Nashville, zoned Davidson County schools, and simply a residential suburb of the city.

I would think that if the drive from M'boro was too far, then Mt. Juliet would be an area you might consider. Also, Smyrna is in Rutherford County and would be about 15 minutes closer in to Nashville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee