Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 04:42 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,134,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I hope they don't put this thread in the political forum and throw us to the wolves.
If they do, you won't see my smiling face. Internet political discussions are just not for me. In a heated Internet discussion, everyone thinks they've gained 20 IQ points, while everyone with an opposing view has mysteriously lost 20. Plus folks are a lot braver when they're half a continent away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 04:54 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,796,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
If they do, you won't see my smiling face. Internet political discussions are just not for me. In a heated Internet discussion, everyone thinks they've gained 20 IQ points, while everyone with an opposing view has mysteriously lost 20. Plus folks are a lot braver when they're half a continent away.
LOL! Good call! I am involved in a few discussion groups, and thankfully, politics is not Off Topic. It's a good way to be in touch with the other sides pov, and good training for researching and backing up your own pov.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I will most likely vote for Fred Thompson when he runs, even tho I am not Republican. I belong to the Constitution Party, but you know about third parties. So, this way, I can vote who I want to vote for, who best represents my own beliefs and background.

I've even said that I'll change back to Republican if he runs, and will work on his local campaign. All that still remains to be seen.

IMHO, Alleycat is right, he'll not be like GW, but will take more of a stance of a trial lawyer, which I like about him. I like his straight shootin' way of talking, his intelligent responses on the issues during interviews (and to Michael Moore!), and his grasp of what true Constitutional Law is in this country. And that is what we need most of all, is someone who knows and respects the Constitution of the US, and not just a passing nod at it.

Go Fred Go!!

blessings, Shen

Old 05-30-2007, 04:55 PM

764 posts, read 1,452,765 times
Quote:
This political forum is tame. I'm a political forum addict and you wouldn't believe some of the posts in some of the other forums in which I've been a participant. Some of them have been beyond appalling and have included death threats! But those have been in un-moderated forums. Some moderated forums have been fairly wild and woolly, too, but the un-moderated forums are a waste of time and effort—not to mention a significant driver of increased blood pressure.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:58 PM

I used to participate in unmoderated investment forums. Oh, those were fun. They start off by insulting someone's mother . . . and then go downhill from there.

To be frank, I haven't even visited the political forum here. And don't plan to.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:01 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,796,168 times
Quote:
I used to participate in unmoderated investment forums. Oh, those were fun. They start off by insulting someone's mother . . . and then go downhill from there.

To be frank, I haven't even visited the political forum here. And don't plan to.
Well, in the forums I'm involved in, I calmly state the facts. The other side promptly starts into the insults. I then calmly tell them that they've lost the debate as soon as they descend into personal insults and not sticking with facts. They don't seem to like that either.....

btw: Where is the political forum here??? All I see is the forums for the states.

blessings, Shen

Old 05-30-2007, 05:03 PM

13,909 posts, read 39,097,416 times
I want this to sta where I posted it TN...so before they change it more info on Thomas please.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:06 PM

764 posts, read 1,452,765 times
Default Intervention is required!

Quote:

It can be brutal. I have to go back on the wagon. I can summon up so much willpower for certain things, but when it comes to politics I’ve got no control whatsoever. It’s exactly the same as any other type of addiction—I can’t do just one post! It’s all or nothing! Weird, huh?

Old 05-30-2007, 05:06 PM

Well (hint to the moderators) she is asking Tennesseans what they think of Fred Thompson.

(Think they'll buy that?)

;-)

Old 05-30-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenandoah View Post
btw: Where is the political forum here??? All I see is the forums for the states.

blessings, Shen
Click the City-Data Forum link in the upper left above, then go down to General Forums until you find the Political forum.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:10 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,050,533 times
Uh-oh, HappyYappy is going to scramble on down to the political forum, hot on Shen's heels!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee