Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:04 AM

390 posts, read 1,701,906 times

Advertisements

That is what I try to tell people here in Ft. Lauderdale about why I like the weather in Los Angeles so much better than FL. It is beautifully cool at night and I stay drier no matter the temp during the day....They don't get it. But, the seasons are so much nicer in TN than Los Angeles!!! I can't wait for a nice cold Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 08:41 AM

381 posts, read 1,686,094 times
"Cold Christmas?" What you talkin' about, Willis?

Old 06-03-2007, 09:36 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,215,703 times
i agree with hiknapster, i've been to east tn in the summer, and it felt just like fla. the only difference is, the summer heat doesnt last as long.

it was really hot walking along the streets in east tn at one of the tourist traps. it was def hotter in east tn that in western nc, atleast on that day.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 PM

19 posts, read 24,179 times
somebody's crazy if he suggests that many many parts of TN is not as HOT as Florida...try Knoxville, Memphis or Nashville in June, or July....for that matter it can be swelltering in September anywhere around Memphis, TN...but at least Florida is SUPPOSED to be warm and it cracks me up to here people that MOVE to Florida, complaining about the HEAT ! I mean, how dumb is that ? duh

Old 06-03-2007, 12:49 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlieBOBbieQ View Post
somebody's crazy if he suggests that many many parts of TN is not as HOT as Florida...try Knoxville, Memphis or Nashville in June, or July....for that matter it can be swelltering in September anywhere around Memphis, TN...but at least Florida is SUPPOSED to be warm and it cracks me up to here people that MOVE to Florida, complaining about the HEAT ! I mean, how dumb is that ? duh
Nice try, but Florida is still a sweat box. At least up here it cools down at night, even in the dog days of summer. In Florida it's still 85 degrees at 2 in the morning.

There are a few things I miss from my native Florida, but the humid squalor isn't one of them. And as for cooling down in the summer, I'll take our cool mountain streams over the murky salt water any day.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:17 PM

I'll take the beach , the ocean, the sunsets, the boating, when people are skating on ice with their cars, and pretending to enjoy the fireplace when it's 15 degrees....

Comparing tropical penisulas to friggen Tannysea seems strange anyway...

but to each his own, frankly I'm glad to see some of these bozos go back to wherever they came from, many of which were out of place in the first place

Old 06-03-2007, 01:22 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,215,703 times
nice try, but i wouldnt say it's quite 85 degrees at 2 am. it's june, the sun is shining, and i doubt it's even 80 degrees out right now at 3:25 pm.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:30 PM

sun is out today...beautiful day maybe 82 or so....we enjoyed the rain from the trop storm ! we needed it badly.....

now how great is that ? now I guess someone is going to attempt to badmouth beautiful Sarasota ....lol......yeah right...that won't pass the laugh test

Old 06-03-2007, 05:55 PM

390 posts, read 1,701,906 times
As I said, I am here in Ft. Lauderdale, where it is 88* currently at 6:47 pm....It is supposed to go down to the mid 70's tonight. In Chattanooga it is 87* right now according to weather.com but supposed to go down to 63* tonight. I like that....I would open my windows in that weather....might even open my windows here if it really goes down to the mid 70's......

Who cares really...everyone has a preference. I know people who love the heat (not many, but a few)! To each his own and that is alright if the weather I like is not the same as someone else!

Oh, and for the person who scoffed at people who moved to FL and then complain about the heat.....Sometimes we have to move places despite what weather we like......I moved to Florida, because I married a Floridian. Despite the Florida weather, he's alright. I think I'll keep him!

Old 06-03-2007, 06:05 PM

764 posts, read 1,457,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlieBOBbieQ View Post
I'll take the beach , the ocean, the sunsets, the boating, when people are skating on ice with their cars, and pretending to enjoy the fireplace when it's 15 degrees....

Comparing tropical penisulas to friggen Tannysea seems strange anyway...

but to each his own, frankly I'm glad to see some of these bozos go back to wherever they came from, many of which were out of place in the first place
So you don't like Tennessee then, I take it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee