Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 09:57 AM

20 posts, read 92,208 times

Advertisements

Looking for information on the developer on these two developments. I'm looking into A bluff lot on Sequatchie Pointe and want to make sure the roads/utilities are completed and done nicely. How did Wilder Mountain turn out and how are the roads to the top, and in the development. Presently they do not have a roads to the subdivision and use a back road from Georgia. Any information would be greatly appreciated. My offer is pending so a quick response would be great.

Thanks,
Ironwod

Old 01-06-2007, 11:35 AM

177 posts, read 899,039 times
Everything is very nice in Wilder Mountain. The roads are good, just kinda far out.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:59 PM

20 posts, read 92,208 times
Default Wilder Mountain

Thanks Rescue One,
The lots at Sequatchie Pointe are very nice, but expensive. The development is close to Nickajack Lake/30 minutes to Chatt. Just wanted some input on the developer and his other projects.

Thanks again Rescue 1,
Ironwood

Old 03-30-2007, 08:35 PM

8 posts, read 60,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwood View Post
Thanks Rescue One,
The lots at Sequatchie Pointe are very nice, but expensive. The development is close to Nickajack Lake/30 minutes to Chatt. Just wanted some input on the developer and his other projects.

Thanks again Rescue 1,
Ironwood
My friends and I are thinking of driving up to Sequatchie Pointe to look around. They are advertising 2 acre lots for $39,900. The developer will also put you up for 3 days/2 nights for free. Is this how you found Sequatchie Pointe? Are the 2 acre lots for $39,900 located at a sight with no view?

Old 04-29-2007, 10:54 AM

5 posts, read 20,976 times
The developers are great, and leagimate. We purchased on Wilder a few years ago. The roads around the Wilder community are mostly paved and we have easy access to our property. Traveling up the mountain is very nice if your not in a hurry. It could use some guardrails in places. My only concern is where the road has apparently been washed out and temporarly repaired. I know it is not the developers responsibility and on our next trip up if the problem still exists we will research who is responsible.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:53 AM

9 posts, read 30,726 times
I was just up there on wilder mountain december of 2006, the roads were rocks, not paved. When did you see them paved, we will be going up in a few weeks.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:51 AM

9 posts, read 31,518 times
I too am a former employee and know all to well what you are talking about. However, you have only scratched the surface.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:08 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,515,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris71 View Post
I too am a former employee and know all to well what you are talking about. However, you have only scratched the surface.
I don't mean to make light of this, but someone needs to call Dateline. This could be a whole new series: "To Catch a Developer". Seriously, this is the type of expose material that papers will Pulitzer prizes on. The public needs to have the info.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:02 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,318,604 times
There wouldn't be scam developers if we didn't have stupid people.

This is the same crew of people that bought slapped together houses in Florida. Now they're upset and looking here to buy more crappy houses in crappy developments near a Walmart for all their shopping needs.

Do you know how many times I have read on City-Data a post going something like this: "I hate Home Owner's Associations, but they really are needed to keep up the values."

Oh, cut me a break. Just go buy a house or a piece of land and build on it.

If someone is offering you an all expenses paid trip to purchase something, do you not think that something must be up? Do you think that the developer is just a nice guy?

We are turning into a nation of morons.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:11 PM

13,356 posts, read 39,989,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
There wouldn't be scam developers if we didn't have stupid people.

If someone is offering you an all expenses paid trip to purchase something, do you not think that something must be up? Do you think that the developer is just a nice guy?

We are turning into a nation of morons.
Amen, sister!

I have to admit that I'm also getting a little tired of people who come on to C-D and ask us to tell them where they should live. Or who have no idea how to see if there's a Wal-Mart or Publix up here. Or who can't figure out how to find out if there are hospitals where they want to live. Frankly, I'm amazed that some people are able to get out of bed in the mornings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee