Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2007, 09:20 AM

10 posts, read 32,101 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone
I have been living in New Mexico (dry, weeds and dirt and the salary to match) and am now looking for someplace more greener in every since of the word. After checking the internet about kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama, I have narrowed my choice in Tennessee to Byrdstown in picket county. I am currently looking for more information about the area?Crime?Jobs? Any information would be helpfull.

Also Any ideas about how to get a job and housing in a different state without actually going there?

PS. from reading the post on this message board. I am beginning to like Tennessee more than New Mexico already!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 10:26 AM

41 posts, read 183,691 times
Got info on neighboring Jamestown/Fentress county right next door if interested ....

Old 06-10-2007, 03:25 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,797,910 times
Well, there's this info already posted on City-Data.com:

//www.city-data.com/city/Byrdstown-Tennessee.html

Any idea on how long the drive is from Byrdstown to Cookeville?

blessings, Shen

Old 06-11-2007, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenandoah View Post

blessings, Shen
Thanks for your quick reply. Actually the citydata website is where I was browsing for information about tennessee. A great website with a tone of graphs. I'm just not sure how accurate the information is there though. I was really looking for a second opion and(or) additional information.

As to how far a drive it is from byrdstown to cookeville, I think I saw a post that said the drive is about 1 hour. That may have been to Jamestown.(my memory is shot)

Last edited by JMT; 02-22-2012 at 03:41 PM..

Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLARD View Post
Got info on neighboring Jamestown/Fentress county right next door if interested ....
Thanks for the quick reply. I was suprised that you had read my post already. I thought it would take at several days before there would be any replies.
Part of my research and decision about Byrdstown was looking at info on nearby cities. Jamestown and the rest of the area sounds really great. I was really looking for information more specific to Brydstown, but any info you have about Jamestown that isn't on the citydata website couldn't hurt?:)

Old 06-11-2007, 07:23 AM

62 posts, read 205,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwor View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I was suprised that you had read my post already. I thought it would take at several days before there would be any replies.
Part of my research and decision about Byrdstown was looking at info on nearby cities. Jamestown and the rest of the area sounds really great. I was really looking for information more specific to Brydstown, but any info you have about Jamestown that isn't on the citydata website couldn't hurt?
What exactly are you wanting to know about Byrdstown? I have been going there for over 30 years and know a lot about the area. As far as finding a job goes,unless you know someone or are related I would say theres very little chance of that in Byrdstown. As far as crime goes theres not much, mostly it's thefts and some drug activity. There are lots of roadblocks ''checkpoints'' looking for impaired drivers. They usually set these up on 111.There is a small foreign auto parts manufacturer in Byrdstown, they have just recently laid off most of the employees. If theres anything else you would like to know ask. I have several friends in the area and will be back there again next month.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 AM

421 posts, read 1,686,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenandoah View Post

blessings, Shen
Byrdstown to Cookeville will be about 30 minutes straight down hwy.111...
About 15 minutes to Livingston/15 more to Cookeville.

firepower

Old 06-11-2007, 03:10 PM

24 posts, read 123,053 times
I would be glad to send you an info packet on Jamestown/Byrdtown area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee