Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 07:38 PM

27 posts, read 159,173 times

Advertisements

I have been looking to possibly move to Maryville from Crossville, and to those you know a little about Maryville, what is a good part of Maryville to live in, and what parts to avoid? Is traffic also as horrible as I have been told? Any information on just what basically goes on there would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 06:56 AM

340 posts, read 1,188,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett0218 View Post
I have been looking to possibly move to Maryville from Crossville, and to those you know a little about Maryville, what is a good part of Maryville to live in, and what parts to avoid? Is traffic also as horrible as I have been told? Any information on just what basically goes on there would be great!
There are good areas all around Maryville, and each neighborhood has it's own flavor. I would suggest making several trips over and driving around to check it out. We were interested in rural and at first looked at the Wildwood area. It's a very nice area, for the most part, but because it's a more established area with older homes and a view, the prices are more expensive. We bought in the Chilhowee View area, down close to Six Mile Road, because that's an up and coming area. The prices aren't as high for the same views of the mountains as the Wildwood area, and it's still quite rural, except for a few developed areas.

So, in a nutshell, if you are looking for rural, there's alot of good to chose from. I would come over on the weekends and check out some open houses. Here in east TN, I've found that you can go from one street where you are really interested in the neighborhood, to another street that you wouldn't even consider. We went to multiple listings to look for homes, drove around and THEN brought our short list to the real estate agent we used. We ended up buying the first house we wanted to look at, but because we had to make an appt to see it, it was the 7th house we actually saw the inside of. And this was months after searching on our own and getting our loan qualification, etc. all done.

Traffic -- well, the traffic isn't a problem for us, we use the local roads instead of the highways that come through the town. It can get congested at rush hour, but nothing like Knoxville. After you learn your way around, you can avoid those highways all together, just like the locals do.

Hope things work out for you.

Last edited by BarbG; 06-15-2007 at 07:06 AM..

Old 06-15-2007, 02:10 PM

27 posts, read 159,173 times
thanks for your help!

Old 06-16-2007, 08:49 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,148 times
I agree about the traffic.....just spent two weeks in Maryville and the traffic was nothing compared to Florida. I think I held traffic up the entire time I was there taking pictures and looking at the mountains. It's probably back to normal now that I am home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee