U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2010, 04:43 PM

29,306 posts, read 52,989,379 times

Advertisements

HORN LAKE, Tenn., May 20 (UPI) -- Officials in a Tennessee town said they are working on a new ordinance to ban locals from wearing their pants low enough to reveal underwear or bare backsides.

Horn Lake Mayor Nat Baker and members of the board of aldermen said they have seen recent increases in men wearing their pants in the saggy fashion, leading them to seek a ban in the form of an ordinance, The (Memphis) Commercial Appeal reported Thursday.

City plans saggy pants ban ordinance - UPI.com
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 05:10 PM

950 posts, read 3,039,752 times
There isn't a city in Tennessee called "Horn Lake".... There is one in Mississippi just outside of Memphis.

Anyway, they ought to ban companies from making baggy clothes.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 PM

29,306 posts, read 52,989,379 times
Another news source.

Horn Lake may outlaw saggy pants » The Commercial Appeal

Old 05-21-2010, 07:41 PM

22,583 posts, read 51,729,898 times
Horn Lake is in MS but is a suburb of Memphis.

I think they should call it the "No Pants on the Ground" law. I'm all for it. There is something truly appalling at having to look at some young man's underwear.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:46 AM

54 posts, read 114,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Horn Lake is in MS but is a suburb of Memphis.

I think they should call it the "No Pants on the Ground" law. I'm all for it. There is something truly appalling at having to look at some young man's underwear.

I can't put into words my distaste for people who act/dress like that but I don't think an ordinance against it is the answer. Let them continue to take our rights away from us, even things like this, and see where it gets us.
There is also a silver lining here in that when people dress like this it helps to give you an idea of who to keep your children away from. They basically wear a sign on themselves saying "I'm a loser". Just my opinion.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:20 AM

36,910 posts, read 38,358,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
HORN LAKE, Tenn., May 20 (UPI) -- Officials in a Tennessee town said they are working on a new ordinance to ban locals from wearing their pants low enough to reveal underwear or bare backsides.

Horn Lake Mayor Nat Baker and members of the board of aldermen said they have seen recent increases in men wearing their pants in the saggy fashion, leading them to seek a ban in the form of an ordinance, The (Memphis) Commercial Appeal reported Thursday.

City plans saggy pants ban ordinance - UPI.com
I can solve the town's problem and it won't take a new ordinance. Simply make baggy clothes for older people such as myself and no respectable young person will want to wear them anymore. Baggy pants are quite comfortable. Brand name suggestion is Grey Gang Jeans. I suggest a commercial with grandma and grandpa dancing around in them.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:42 AM

451 posts, read 1,309,197 times
lol Laura! I agree... the only way to get rid of the trend is to make it undesirable to THEM. I love the Grey Gang idea! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: