Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 08:13 AM

16 posts, read 43,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
texarkana is not a city, but it is a big town. not a small town. and it is does sprawl. it's not a dense city.

you're allowing your personal feelings of the town to make you read way too much into this. all i do is make a thread to showcase some of the nice aspects of a town many people know little about, and yet you have me wanting to live there and acting like it's some mecca of beauty and culture. are you kidding me right now? is it really that serious that you need to create a screen name just so you can spread your negative opinion that no one really cares for anyway? get a life.
Take a look at it on google maps. It is not sprawling. its a point on the map.
Are you serious? your allowing your personal feelings of the town to make you read way too much into this. All I did was respond to a thread attempting to pose Texarkana as Savannah, GA (ah, so beautiful), and yet you have me trashing it as some kind of landfill. Are you kidding me now? Is it really that serious that you need to continually respond to my own opinion that clearly differs in part from yours? Who really cares if you or I are right, as there is no right in aesthetics.

Further, it amazes me that someone would poke fun at a typo, and then use poor grammar.

Last edited by Texarakna-is-icky; 09-24-2010 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Not that its any of my business, but isnt it pretty obvious that this thread is talking about foliage and natural beauty of Texarkana, not the aesthetics of its urbanization?
No, its not obvious. The thread is titled TEXARKANA, not "The foliage of Texarkana!"

Old 09-24-2010, 02:55 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texarakna-is-icky View Post
No, its not obvious. The thread is titled TEXARKANA, not "The foliage of Texarkana!"
Its abundantly obvious...the Original post (and most subsequent posts) is about the FOLIAGE of Texarkana, not the architecture and urbanization of it.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,047,815 times
I thought it was a suburb of Shreveport

Old 09-25-2010, 09:04 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
I thought it was a suburb of Shreveport
who asked you

Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Its abundantly obvious...the Original post (and most subsequent posts) is about the FOLIAGE of Texarkana, not the architecture and urbanization of it.
Well, the foliage of Texarkana is over-rated too. And as for the "pines," I'ld really like to know where that person is living. I've been here for several years and outside of an apartment complex with that name, the trees are mostly hardwood, not pine!!!

I guess the reason everyone discussed the foliage is because the city is as bad as I earlier showed in the photos posted here!

More fiction posed as fact.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Well, the foliage of Texarkana is over-rated too. And as for the "pines," I'ld really like to know where that person is living. I've been here for several years and outside of an apartment complex with that name, the trees are mostly hardwood, not pine!!!

I guess the reason everyone discussed the foliage is because the city is as bad as I earlier showed in the photos posted here!

More fiction posed as fact.
I dont recall ever claiming that most of Texarkana's trees are pines...(??)...I highly doubt that anything outside the pine plantations/piney woods of the big thicket is comprised of mostly pines...

I dont know how the city is...Last time I was up there the cityscape looked ok...nothing spectacular but nothing to fly off the handle about either.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I dont recall ever claiming that most of Texarkana's trees are pines...(??)...I highly doubt that anything outside the pine plantations/piney woods of the big thicket is comprised of mostly pines...

I dont know how the city is...Last time I was up there the cityscape looked ok...nothing spectacular but nothing to fly off the handle about either.
How long has it been?
Were all the buildings downtown still standing?

Old 10-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
How long has it been?
Were all the buildings downtown still standing?
The last time I was up that way was about 10 years ago or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas