Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:14 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
Just posting negative trends in a clinical way gets this response. Whether the people attacking me personally know it or not they're trying to stop me from posting the facts. I wont be stopped however bring it on.
I find many of your posts informative and appreciate them, but you only seem to post negative facts and none of the positive ones. You never acknowledge any positive aspects of Texas; you're sort of like the negative version of RenaudFR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 12:49 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
A more balanced view wouldn't hurt, orbius. The foreclosure rate is much higher in many other states.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:59 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,779,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I find many of your posts informative and appreciate them, but you only seem to post negative facts and none of the positive ones. You never acknowledge any positive aspects of Texas; you're sort of like the negative version of RenaudFR.

This was in my original post:
Quote:
...this number is quite a bit better than the national average.
I'm not sure how much more positively I could post a negative trend, I tried.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:08 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,190,508 times
That would mean in my subdivision of about 300 homes - 2 would be affected. I feel for those two families, but the sky is hardly falling. If there were to be a 50% increase from that point - it means 3 homes out of the subdivision.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:19 PM

6 posts, read 8,749 times
RenaudFR - in order to prevent or address any economic issues, we have to be honest and face reality. Putting your head in the sand will not make it go away. You have been told, and you have believed, that all is great in Texas. It is not. Better than most, but it is absolutely not great. Post your research instead of your opinion, with links, if you feel that strongly.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:49 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
This was in my original post:

I'm not sure how much more positively I could post a negative trend, I tried.
I suppose it's not my place, but since you're wondering why get the reactions you do, it's because you're always b*tching about Texas, and it's very obvious you don't like it here. You're only looking for negative trends. If someone else had started this thread, it probably would have gone a different direction.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:09 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,190,508 times
An equally true headline would have been:

"147 out of every 148 homes in Texas are not in danger of foreclosure."

Sure sounds different.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:44 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Quote:
Bingo!

One is nothing but positive, the other is nothing but negative. Two sides of the same coin.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:47 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,779,419 times
Quote:
I suppose it's not my place, but since you're wondering why get the reactions you do, it's because you're always b*tching about Texas, and it's very obvious you don't like it here. You're only looking for negative trends. If someone else had started this thread, it probably would have gone a different direction.
Old married couples bicker all the time but still love each other. Trust me you're totally wrong in your analysis Dr. Freud.
I gripe about the State's obvious problems but its only because I care. The only way problems get fixed is if theres a consensus that there is a problem.
If anyone needs to feel the State of Texas is perfect to feel good about living here thats a personal problem and not of my concern.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:06 PM

543 posts, read 1,381,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
One is nothing but positive, the other is nothing but negative. Two sides of the same coin.
I think Dr. Evil said it best:

"He's the snake to my mongoose... or the mongoose to my snake. Either way it's bad. I don't know animals."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: