Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:52 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,173,926 times

Advertisements

I've seen the sugared Dr Prpper around here, as well as the "throwback" version of Mountain Dew. I drink Pepsi One most of the time, so soft drinks that aren't diet drinks taste awfully sweet to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 11:23 AM

3,491 posts, read 6,970,151 times
I've seen Cane Sugar Dr.Pepper here in Midland

Old 07-31-2010, 04:08 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Several weeks ago when I was visiting my parents in corpus christi, the local newspaper had an article that said that Dr Pepper would offer Cane Sugar as part of its anniversary celebration. When I called the Dr Pepper Cust Service last week, the person didn't seem to know about it and had to go ask her supervisor. Everyone knows about the Dublin plant that uses cane sugar, but it would be a treat to be able to go to the LOCAL market and pick up cane sugar drinks instead of the cheap corn syrup wannabes .

Has anyone seen these available in their areas?
The Super Target at Belt Line and Plano Rd in Richardson has them.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:41 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
saw them in Tom Thumb in Hurst--DFW area

Old 08-01-2010, 08:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Several weeks ago when I was visiting my parents in corpus christi, the local newspaper had an article that said that Dr Pepper would offer Cane Sugar as part of its anniversary celebration. When I called the Dr Pepper Cust Service last week, the person didn't seem to know about it and had to go ask her supervisor. Everyone knows about the Dublin plant that uses cane sugar, but it would be a treat to be able to go to the LOCAL market and pick up cane sugar drinks instead of the cheap corn syrup wannabes .

HEB has started cane sugar soda..cola and Dr. B.
If you can't find your Dr. Pepper, go for the HEB Original Dr. B (made with cane sugar).

I've had the cola so far and it does taste different. Just picked up a 12 pack of the Dr. B yesterday..haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,761 times
We live in Temple, TX and we've seen this dr pepper all over...usually at walmart, both up front in the coolers and in the back with the other soda.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:15 PM

28 posts, read 51,051 times
Default Sugar DP Still in Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhalley71 View Post
We live in Temple, TX and we've seen this dr pepper all over...usually at walmart, both up front in the coolers and in the back with the other soda.
thought I would check back and see if the Sugar DP is still all over Temple TX?

Thanks!

John
10/5/14

Old 10-06-2014, 06:34 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
This is a very old thread - Yes, the cane sugar Dr Pepper is still around. I see it occasionally in stores in North Texas. Dr Pepper sued the Dublin Bottling Co and settled with them in 2012. There is no such thing anymore as "Dublin Dr. Pepper". The "real sugar" (which is cane sugar) Dr. Pepper is sold as a "gourmet" drink and I think it's usually in the small bottles, just as the Dublin bottle works made it. You won't usually find it on the shelf next to the regular DP, but in the area with 'old fashion' or imported soft drinks. The Dublin Bottle works stayed in business and decided to try making other (their brand) "real sugar" drinks. Mexico makes "real sugar" Coke & Sprite. I haven't been though Dublin in some years, so I don't know if the bottling works are still open. Even when Dublin was bottling the Dr Pepper, a lot of it was made in Temple.

Quote:
It's not cane sugar. For the 125th anniversary, they are using real sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup. It's pretty good, but not as good as cane sugar.
Again - "real sugar" is almost always "cane sugar". Imperial sugar used the "pure cane sugar" as part of it's logo, and the Dublin Bottle Works added "made with Imperial real cane sugar" to their bottles.

1-12-12: Dr Pepper deal leaves small-town Dublin with a bitter taste
Bottler's sale settles trademark dispute |Fort Worth Star Telegram

Old 10-06-2014, 11:44 AM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,783,121 times
Quote:

Thank you for not putting a period after Dr

So many "Texans" mistakenly place a period after Dr and it drives me nuts!

Old 10-11-2014, 11:02 AM

28 posts, read 51,051 times
While in Texas this week, I found the cane sugar plentiful in Temple, TX and somewhat in Waco TX.

I think there is a great business opportunity for someone who lives in the area. That would be to take orders for cane sugar DP and ship to customers around the country. While the local bottler can not legally do it, a private company/person could and make some money at it. Just a thought . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas