Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Actually, Sanluis is talking about how Hispanic agents treat Mexican nationals. This is something I have heard of having lived down in the border region for some time. The Hispanic law enforcement officers (whether they be Border Patrol, Park Rangers, Cops, etc) have a notorious reputation for treating their own kind as some lower class peons from another country.
But it's more than that - because in Mexico the same thing happens but in reverse. In fact when I was in Mexico, one of our classmates was a Chicano trying to discover his roots and learn some Spanish. The people were friendly as long as it was a white looking "gringo" trying to speak and learn the language - downright helpful in fact, but they had no patience for a moreno gringo trying to talk Spansh but in that funny gringo way where they get the r's all wrong. I saw him treated rudely and often ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 11:11 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,152 times
Thank you for coming from Mexico City to pick some things up at the Laredo Walmart. This is good for the economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
Hi, im a mexican living in Mexico City. I use to read more than discuss in this forum because is better for me reading than writting. Lets begin.

I dont know if you have noticed about the treatment for tourists in the south border of Texas. Let me tell the opinion we have about police that check the pass of tourists through Texas.

It's incredible thebad educattion that the police of homeland security have against the mexicans who cross the border legally for going shoppings to Laredo, McAllen, and San Antonio in most of cases. Most of the people who cross in holliday season are families that only want to pass nice days in Texas sharing the best moments of the years with part of the family who resides in Texas or other just rent a hotel.

It's crearly that the development of cities like San Antonio its based in all the tourist which come from Mexico to make some purchases.

In the case of my family we enter with the spanish passport so we expect that the treatment could be better but is not true. Mexicans allways want to have the attention of a white non-hispanic policeman cause the latinos always treat us shouting us, even to small kids when they play with caution.

It's curious but what i have heard that the mexican border patrol when you cross to Mexico, to the ones they abusse are to the hispanic who cross to Mexico and to the white americans are always welcomed.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:13 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
This thread is well on the way to increasing international good feeling, I can see that!!! Why can't we just talk it over rather than taking shots? Jeez.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:27 PM

275 posts, read 978,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
They're just doing their job & rightfully so. Illegal immigration into this country has become an epidemic. I don't blame them for being so strict at our borders. You should be thanking them, actually.

I get the same treatment when I board an aircraft & I'm American.
Come on my friend. Maybe you did not read what this topic threats. Im talking about families which are going to the united states to spend a lot on money in purchases.

Maybe you should go one day to immigration custom at any point of Rio Grande, and you will see only families that want to have fun some days escaping from the danger of living here. The life in Mexico is hard. You should visit one day the real Mexico. All my life i have been living in Mexico City, yes it is a dangerous city but if you want to find a place where wealth live you will find it. Mexico City have a large area where you will find nice houses, nice cars, nice avenues, etc.

You as an american i respect your point of view. Maybe if a was an american surely i would be supporting some pollemic laws, but this is not the case.

I repeat you, all families who spend a lot of money at south Texas are wealth families which american embassy approved their visa, or in other case are famlies who have close european background as me.

As a curious note let me tell you something. I am sure that most of the people who read this thread are texans so someones have plan to visit Mexico. Well, if you are white the border police of Mexico even they will ask for your passport, but if you are non-white hispanic you will be asked for "mordidas" only because you ignore the law so the mexican will take advantdage of that and they will tell you that you are breaking the law because of nothing.

At the end of the day the mexican customer police is too much more racist that the US police only with the one who look mexican.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
Thank you for coming from Mexico City to pick some things up at the Laredo Walmart. This is good for the economy.
Thanks for your "troll" comment. This is not my case. Believe in Mexico we have Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot... not all the people have the opportunity to go at NY a go shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue. In Mexico we have it too, and bought by Carlos Slim the franchiese.

I thought this could be a serious topic, but i will not act a victim telling you that in Mexico's subforum always clear the doubt that every american have and we respond them in English which is not so fluent for everybody.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:20 PM

398 posts, read 1,416,347 times
Border Patrol in general are good people. I never have problems with them. Customs on the other hand... are douche bags.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:44 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
I would not want to do their job. There is a war on the border, and it's only going to get ugllier. Look, I'm not saying it's ok to be "rude", but it's extremely dangerous down there and they gamble with their lives going to work every day. The pressure, especially now, must be enormous. Bullets are literally coming across the border into El Paso and Brownsville. If you get your feelings hurt, deal with it.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:52 AM

I do not feel hurt of your opinions. American medias always exagerate the news. Do not forget the young boy that was asesinated by some cops of El Paso when the teenager was in Juárez. Really the bullets crossed the border to kill him.

I was in San Antonio listening the radio at woai 1200, and reporters of that radio stations confirmed the death of a teenager of 16 years when he had just 14 years. Just giving you that example you can assume that american medias change everythinh and is a question that concerns and affect the entire world.

For saying something, the border patrol of south Mexico is extremely xenophobic. To say racist do not apply because southern mexicans are of the same race of centroamericans resting african ancestry.

What i have heard is that police of south Mexico assault immigrants of Honduras, E.S., Guatemala with around 1,000 dollars to let them continue the trace to USA.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:54 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
yes BP arresting coyotes are called racists by the detained ones. also cops that issue red light tickets to AA on the hood are considered members of the KKK.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:55 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
I do not feel hurt of your opinions. American medias always exagerate the news. Do not forget the young boy that was asesinated by some cops of El Paso when the teenager was in Juárez. Really the bullets crossed the border to kill him.

I was in San Antonio listening the radio at woai 1200, and reporters of that radio stations confirmed the death of a teenager of 16 years when he had just 14 years. Just giving you that example you can assume that american medias change everythinh and is a question that concerns and affect the entire world.

For saying something, the border patrol of south Mexico is extremely xenophobic. To say racist do not apply because southern mexicans are of the same race of centroamericans resting african ancestry.

What i have heard is that police of south Mexico assault immigrants of Honduras, E.S., Guatemala with around 1,000 dollars to let them continue the trace to USA.
He was not assassinated. He was shot for assaulting a Border Patrol agent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas