Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:38 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,946,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I understand your points, Danny and frankly would have never even bothered to read and post this article. But RenaudFR for some reason continues to post threads on the California forum boasting how superior Texas is to California and basically provoking a fight for no apparent reason. As I mentioned, I would never be so impolite and nasty to go into another state's forum and bad mouth that state while touting California. What kind of person does that? RenaudFR is giving Texas a bad reputation and trying to stir up a fight between California and Texas. That's why I accuse him of being a troll.
Yeah I understand where you are coming from when you say this. Texas's light shouldn't come at the cost of California's suffering.
I was reading in the Los Angeles forum the other day, and before I could respond that thread was closed down, the one with that Pirate whatever his name is.

You're a good poster Sur, and you do play it fair and keep it cool, there really should be more posters like you on this site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 07:31 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,788,442 times
Quote:
RenaudFR claims he does live in Texas yet posts frequently on the California forum about how rotten California is compared to Texas. Whatever his reasons for being provocative and lacking any class is sad so I thought I'd return the favor. I have never posted on the Texas forum before and it is not my intent to be so discourteous as to bad mouth a state on their own forum. I merely am trying to get RenaudFR's attention. No harm meant to Texas.
I seriously doubt that Renaud lives in Texas, and I'd even venture a guess that he has never even been to either CA or TX.

I don't know why he wants to provoke, and there is no real reason to do so.

CA is having some tough problems right now, along with just about every state in the nation. Although Texas is not in as bad a shape as CA right now, it has its share of problems, too.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:35 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,135,253 times
Quote:
Doesn't seem to jive with this rather disturbing report of economic free-fall in Texas:

Burnt Orange Report: Forbes: Texas' Economic Freedom Ranking Has Fallen 23 Spots Since Rick Perry Became Governor

Wed Aug 18, 2010 at 00:03 PM CDT

Texas' Economic Freedom Index, According to Forbes
1999 Rank: 8
2004 Rank: 17
2008 Rank: 31

The report singles out Texas as a state that is "headed in the wrong direction." Texas' economic situation is much worse than Rick Perry wants Texans to believe. Here's three articles to support that:
  1. $1.3 Billion Budget Deficit For This Biennium

The $1.3 billion deficit in the current budget is on top of the $18 billion budget deficit Texas is expecting next year. From the Wall Street Journal: "Big Texas Deficit Puts Governor in Tight Spot":
  2. State Business Tax Falls Over $2 Billion Short
RenaudFR likes to post threads on the California forum touting how much better Texas is than California and how much he is looking forward to voting for Governor Perry known for his call for Texas to secede from the U.S., is seeking to re-criminalizing homosexual sex, favors creationism to be taught in public schools, claimed only Christians will go to heaven [no Jews]. Maybe someone ought to post this report in a separate thread on the Texas forum like RenaudFR likes to report anti-California threads on the California forum; a real classy guy.

ROFL NICE JOB

Old 08-20-2010, 09:49 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,605,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I seriously doubt that Renaud lives in Texas, and I'd even venture a guess that he has never even been to either CA or TX.
Which is what bothers me.

The constant praise of Texas just to trash California bothers me to know end.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:27 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,343,122 times
Californio Sur is completely wrong.I posted one article on the California forum called "A Chance for California" and he's become completely mad, and this article wasn't about Texas, it was about problems of California and how we can resolve them.In my language this attitude is named "paranoid" or "troll".
I don't hate California, I dreamt to live there before, particularly Los Angeles because this city meant "American Dream" for me (California is the favorite destination of french immigrant, and after it's NY and Florida)
But I found California was one of the most anti-business state, one of the most taxed, and I red stats about migration, so many californians leave this state for other parts of the USA.
So yeah, I'm sad, very sad about that...because I won't be able to emigrate there, because I want to leave France for better opportunities, and I'm a future businessman with my own businessman...But California is so antibusiness and taxed, I can't go there to succeed, I must go to a state called Texas because it's the best state for business.2 years ago I thought Texas was a desert, mostly rural and poor people, very redneck and backwards..So in the beginning Texas wasn't my favorite choice, far of that.
California represented the american dream, the success, the diversity, the innovation, but now it is viewed more like a "failed state", the example the US mustn't imitate...So yes, I'm mad about this state, and I criticize it because I love it, I want this state come back, like before 1970.
If California wants to change and to become great again, with a pro-business and open-minded state I will buy an house or a condom there in the future.But I know it's not for the moment.
Writing all of this isn't easy when it's not your native language

Old 08-21-2010, 11:08 AM

10,138 posts, read 15,946,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
ROFL NICE JOB
Lol, How is it a nice job when his article only illustrates one side. That is like me posting an article saying there are smog problems in Los Angeles, without posting articles that state that they have taken measures and greatly reduced it.

Yeah Texas like every other state also faced job loss and money problems, but its making way to breaking even with jobs being created, Texas also unlike nearly majority of the states in the country did not take 8 billion from the federal government as rain check money to pay off the deficit. Because it would have to pay it back later on anyways. And its deficit is less than half of California's.

Among the largest states Texas still has the best economy by far, and its only improving upon it too.

I'm not knocking California at all, its my favorite state, and people in general shouldn't knock states to make a case.

But this is a state forum, and its not a one way street, I've been reading the California forum for the past week or so, theres a lot of Texas bashing there too even in threads that don't have any Texans in them. I've seen in the New York forum where your state and Texas have both been called "societal cesspools" and I didn't take it harsh because its a state forum, it happens in every states forum board, theres always going to be something like that.

I defend California when I get a chance, and so do a lot of people in Texas, Scarface713 & LAnative10 immediately come to mind, among others that do too. I don't believe you have to bash a place to prove a point but in all honesty it is what it is, people always bash and especially in their specific state forums about other states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: