Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 PM

332 posts, read 448,839 times

Advertisements

I decided to see the opinions about the smaller cities in Texas. I live in Waco and have lived here my whole life, but I visited Tyler once when I went to a resort and it was great,had a great time their and absolutely loved everything!

Waco is also a great city,but I feel it could be so much more if they just tore down alot of the old worn out buildings and actually built something else their. I'm excited about the new developments going on here and feel Waco is finally doing something right!

Personally I like both cities,but I would have to go with Waco because I didn't necessarily get to see much of Tyler that I wanted to.

What do you all think about the two cities and which one is better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 01:39 AM

19 posts, read 141,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
I decided to see the opinions about the smaller cities in Texas. I live in Waco and have lived here my whole life, but I visited Tyler once when I went to a resort and it was great,had a great time their and absolutely loved everything!

Waco is also a great city,but I feel it could be so much more if they just tore down alot of the old worn out buildings and actually built something else their. I'm excited about the new developments going on here and feel Waco is finally doing something right!

Personally I like both cities,but I would have to go with Waco because I didn't necessarily get to see much of Tyler that I wanted to.

What do you all think about the two cities and which one is better?
I have lived in both Waco and Tyler and greatly prefer Waco over Tyler. Having said that, I am almost certain that I would be in the minority if a survey were held asking this question. I like the Central Texas atmosphere much more than East Texas. Waco also seems to have a lot more influence from DFW than Tyler does. Waco has a decent selection of shopping and dining (you can't beat La Fiesta!!), while Tyler's shopping scene is somewhat lacking.

If you're looking to move to a small town with a lot of history, Tyler is nice. If you want to be in a small city without feeling like you're in a small city, choose Waco.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:55 AM

434 posts, read 1,736,690 times
I would prefer Tyler. There are about a million reasons but I'll start with...I like East Texas better than Central Texas aesthetically and no offense to the Waconites but I've always thought Waco in general just looks run-down.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:03 PM

332 posts, read 448,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawson26 View Post
I would prefer Tyler. There are about a million reasons but I'll start with...I like East Texas better than Central Texas aesthetically and no offense to the Waconites but I've always thought Waco in general just looks run-down.
I agree with the comment about Waco looking rundown, but hopefully with the new developments going on, we'll see much needed improvement.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,521 times
Default Tyler compared to Waco

Having lived in Tyler for 25 years, I can give you my view of it. I have wondered about Waco myself. One good thing about Tyler is that it has a PUBLIC 4-year university, UT Tyler, as well as Tyler Junior College. I was considering Waco but became discouraged because, to the best of my knowledge, the only 4-year colleges in that area are PRIVATE & very expensive--Baylor & the University of Mary Hardin Baylor. Tyler IS very conservative both politically and religiously. I have wondered if Waco is a little more tolerant in these areas. Tyler is growing daily & is much more of a "city" than in past years. Chain stores from larger cities are moving here each year. Any info about the political and religious climate in Waco?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: