Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 03:49 AM

Location: till February 2008: Munich, Bavaria, Germany; from then on: DFW area
9 posts, read 29,618 times

Advertisements

Hi,

my name is Norbert, I'm 36 and German. My wife and I have won the Green Card and will move to Texas in February 2008. Though both of us like the sea, Florida or California (at least the parts we find attractive) is too expensive for us as a new place to start.

Plus, I'm a practitioner of Systema, a Russian martial art, and my new instructor plans to open a school sometime this summer, in or around Irving.

We looked up the city database and found Plano and Carrollton to our liking.
My question is: In your opinion, what could be a better place for to new Americans to start? My wife is a patent attorney's assistant, I'm an internet content manager/writer (MA in American Cultural History), but have worked as journalist, relaxation and motivation coach and construction worker. In short: We're Germans, we can speak English, and we're willing to work. We have no kids, but a little black cat

Your advice is very welcome.

Thanks!

Old 06-28-2007, 03:10 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,539 times
Hi Norbert - Come check out the Dallas forum there you will be able to find specific answers regarding the DFW area including Carrollton.

Munich is a beautiful city! We love the Marienplatz and the Spaten!

Old 06-28-2007, 03:19 AM

Location: till February 2008: Munich, Bavaria, Germany; from then on: DFW area
9 posts, read 29,618 times
Hi Guingirl,

yes, Munich is pretty nice
Thanks for your advice, I'll post my question in the Dallas forum!

Aloha and God bless

Norbert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas