Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:19 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Why you say he was for Houston ? It was a good mayor no ? Houston is become great under his 2 terms I think, more competitive, more beautiful, more developed.Many progress must be done about the beauty, give a chance to Annie Parker, she didn't raise taxes to balance the budget

Actually I left Houston right after Whites 1st term and Houston doesn't look more beautiful at all. The roads are in bad shape, the infrastructure in many places are showing its age, He didn't push had enough on mass transit.

I like White, I amgoing to vote for him in just over two months, but I don't think Houston fared better under him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 08:13 PM

19 posts, read 17,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotextist View Post
Do you know Rick Perry?? He's said and done a lot of stupid crap. I would do some research before heading into the voting booth. The man is a complete idiot and a tool. He's an embarrassment to the state of Texas. Most of his own party don't even like him.

An atheist Democrat voting for Rick Perry does not compute. Mind. Officially. Blown.

I'll see. Not sure yet.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:13 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Actually I left Houston right after Whites 1st term and Houston doesn't look more beautiful at all. The roads are in bad shape, the infrastructure in many places are showing its age, He didn't push had enough on mass transit.

I like White, I amgoing to vote for him in just over two months, but I don't think Houston fared better under him.
Hopefully your joking because a lot of things changed under White in Houston...for the better. I lived in the Houston area during White's terms and the difference is definitely noticeable.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:33 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Hopefully your joking because a lot of things changed under White in Houston...for the better. I lived in the Houston area during White's terms and the difference is definitely noticeable.
Very true. Huge, huge differences in the city over the past decade thanks to White, from the light rail line that's there now to Discovery Green Park.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:18 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
You're the joking aren't you? Lets name a few things he did that were so good...

1....Fine the property owner up to $500.00 a day for graffiti they had nothing to do with......

2....Fine a property owner $350.00 for sitting their heavy trash out 4 hours to early... That one happened to me...after calling and asking before sitting it out..

3....Fine the property owner up to $1000.00 for using the wrong type of bag for yard clippings.

4....Refuse to pick up heavy trash if you paid your nephew $20.00 to put it out for you...Yes this just happened a couple of weeks ago, it was on the news... Because paying the nephew made him a contractor and the city does not pick up their work.

5....Traffic red lights and when asked he lies about it not being for the money... You can tell that guy is lying by looking at his face when he lies..

6.....I wont go into his going on TV and telling people to get out of Houston and 30 something people died on the hi-ways of texas that would be a live today if they had stayed in their homes... I'll admit he wasn't alone on that one..

7.....Wont go into the crime he caused Houston by bringing in the criminals from New Orleans.

Yeah he was a good mayor....

Old 08-25-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

Yet you want the same thing for the whole state of Texas...

WOW

You're why some people should not be allowed to vote..

Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post

WOW

The beauty of our democracy is that people with different ideas can vote on what they want and the majority wins. Everyone has to be allowed to vote. If you only allow people who think alike to vote, its only a short time before we become Nazi Germany.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
The beauty of our democracy is that people with different ideas can vote on what they want and the majority wins. Everyone has to be allowed to vote. If you only allow people who think alike to vote, its only a short time before we become Nazi Germany.
I guess you missed the point....I was referring to the way his brain seems to work....

You need to go back and read what he wrote and what I wrote than just maybe you will get it!

Old 08-25-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post

WOW

You are so not good at reasoning. I said Houston didn't fare batter under White, but it didn't fare worse.

I am not saying White was horrible I am saying he wasn't all that. Not being all that is better than being a Perry any day.

So maybe if you can't figure out simple reasoning you should be the one not allowed to vote.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:

Tell me some. I have been away for 4 years, while you were here so you would certainly know better than I would
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: