U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 04:06 PM

4,023 posts, read 6,926,586 times

Advertisements

Rick Perry would retain his governorship if the election were today, a new survey from Rasmussen Reports showed Monday.
The media polling company pegged the incumbent taking 49 percent of the vote with lead competitor and Houston Mayor Bill White trailing at 41 percent of the electorate. Another 3 percent preferred some other candidate and 7 percent were undecided.
[LEFT]
Read more: Report: Perry leads gov race with 49% - Houston Business Journal
[/LEFT]
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 04:14 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,558,345 times
Take Ramussen with a huge grain of salt they have a history of Republican bias. For instance at the low point of Bush popularity when all the other polls had him in the 20's. Ramussen consistently was 10% above all the other pollls. There simply is no accounting for that.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
Take Ramussen with a huge grain of salt they have a history of Republican bias. For instance at the low point of Bush popularity when all the other polls had him in the 20's. Ramussen consistently was 10% above all the other pollls. There simply is no accounting for that.
That wouldn't be a surprise for me given the political climate, and Texas is the best state for job creation this year (169,000 jobs created) so I guess texans are grateful to him.I think he'll be reelected.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:37 PM

8,374 posts, read 29,025,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
...Texas is the best state for job creation this year (169,000 jobs created) so I guess texans are grateful to him.
You guessed wrong.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:39 PM

13,390 posts, read 23,617,642 times
I live in Texas and I hate his guts (as a politician). Most people I talk to about him do too.

As far as social issues go, he is as closed minded as they come.

Last edited by Cowboys fan in Houston; 08-23-2010 at 04:58 PM..

Old 08-23-2010, 05:18 PM

14,862 posts, read 40,089,518 times
EWWW! Gov. Goodhair............ YUCK!
He can be put on the first train out of the state for all I'm concerned. I have never voted for him and plan on NEVER casting a vote for him. Only people I know that will vote for him are those that vote straight party. Thankfully, that is not too many. whew........

Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 PM

4,723 posts, read 7,786,364 times
I've seen more Bill White signs and bumper stickers than Rick Perry promotions, and that's saying something coming from Lubbock.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:10 PM

1,505 posts, read 4,076,638 times
Rick is still better than Bill on guns, so I guess I will cast my vote based on that. Well that and the fact that no one has really made a good case about why Bill White would be any better in any way really.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 AM

Texas created many jobs because RP economic policies are great, without him Texas would suffer as many other states in the country.It's really mad here on CD...When a politician is bad you must get rid of him, but when he's good (RP is good on economy and it's the most important, it's shameful to be close-minded like him at this time it's not essential) you must thank him. He leads in polls, and it's pretty normal

Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 AM

13,390 posts, read 23,617,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Texas created many jobs because RP economic policies are great, without him Texas would suffer as many other states in the country.It's really mad here on CD...When a politician is bad you must get rid of him, but when he's good (RP is good on economy and it's the most important, it's shameful to be close-minded like him at this time it's not essential) you must thank him. He leads in polls, and it's pretty normal
Youre talking about a man who tried to make (and keep) homosexuality ILLEGAL in Texas. It took the supreme court to get rid of the Texas Sodomy law. We are also talking about a man who public stated that if you arent a Christian, you go straight to hell. Perry also does not believe in Global Warming.

I cannot vote for someone who is the exact opposite of my social beliefs. Bill White would do just as good, if not better with the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: