Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 11:31 AM

659 posts, read 1,371,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Must the Houstonians hate on Dallas, Texas for everything. Gee...I don't get it...Pure jealously...It just proves that Dallas is top dog in the state. Im from Fort Worth and its very noticable the general hate Houston has for Dallas.
On this forum it seems to be the case-but ask many Houstonians on the street what they think of Dallas and I bet 2 out of 4 have never even been and don't plan on it. Dallas is an afterthought to most in Houston at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 11:41 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,799,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
And Minnesota didn't play well because their number one was out. It's the truth. What would the Cowboys have done if Miles was out?

That doesn't mean people are jealous of the nickname, if someone in the media tries to claim a team as "America's Team". Get real.

Did I ever say the Cowboys needed a guard? NO. And of course they are happy with having three capable running backs, but there is a reason why they started listening to offers for Choice not too long ago. Still, a running back can't get into stride with so few carries. And I'm sure you understand what the dig at Jerry was about. Not hard to figure out.

You also played an overrated Skins defense. Haslett has never ran a 3-4 defense before, and is trying to work out a few things. Then, you have Fat Albert not even trying to do anything and its hurting his team. Let's see what you guys do to Chicago and Houston first.

If that's what you want to believe. Couldn't be further from the truth. There is usually about two or three Cowboys threads a year at the Texans site, and one of them is a primetime gameday thread. You want so badly to believe that Texans fans are obsessed with the Cowboys. It's so funny. Hell, the current "Houston Texans are better than the Cowboys" thread in the Houston section of this board was not even made by a Texans fan!

Seriously? Here is a link the Redskins fans discussing this: CBS not showing Skins game until AFTER Ravens are over......

Guess you didn't know as much as you thought you did.

But the difference is Houston would be playing in Cowboys Stadium this year. I already gave you the examples about Jerry Jones, and that's more than enough to let you know what he would think about the idea. Also, speak for yourself, not everyone. I'm here in DFW and see this with my own eyes. You're way up there in Chicago, what do you see?

You guys just want us to be obsessed with you all. I have no idea why that is. Yes, with the Texans winning their first ever game as a franchise against Dallas, it was a sweet moment and talked about for years, but that has long since been over with. Cowboys fans are still stuck in 2005 with them thinking Texans fans really care about the Cowboys like that.

And just an FYI, even the Dallas media up here (while watching Fox Sports Southwest), are saying Week 3 is the "Texas Super Bowl". So, you can quit with that bs about Houston being so obsessed with Dallas.

Well, at least you're finally admitting Fort Worth ain't ****. But, I check the Dallas section every once and a while, and there are so many threads about Houston in there (especially Mister Nifty). I guess you're completely wrong?
Fort Worth is very comfortable in its shoes. We don't have to strive for attention like other Texas cities. We hold our own in the "Funk". Funny because you have stated numerous times you prefered Fort Worth over Dallas. I guess you just a little pist at what I stated. Dallas can have the limelight for all I care. Some Houstonians on City-data seem a little uncomfortable in its shoes. Houston merits speak for itself in my opinion. No need to constantly insult your neighbor because it just might be a little bit more popular.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 09-16-2010 at 11:51 AM..

Old 09-16-2010, 12:04 PM

20,502 posts, read 33,356,352 times
[quote=Scarface713;15910124]
Quote:
And Minnesota didn't play well because their number one was out. It's the truth. What would the Cowboys have done if Miles was out?
that's not the point. you brought up that they were without their number 1 receiver. Well we were without our number one RT and number one RG. It's an excuse any way you slice it.

Quote:
That doesn't mean people are jealous of the nickname, if someone in the media tries to claim a team as "America's Team". Get real.
Yeah, it pretty much does.

Quote:
Did I ever say the Cowboys needed a guard? NO. And of course they are happy with having three capable running backs, but there is a reason why they started listening to offers for Choice not too long ago. Still, a running back can't get into stride with so few carries. And I'm sure you understand what the dig at Jerry was about. Not hard to figure out.
It doesn't matter if you never did say it. The point is we don't need another to trade a running back to get another guard (which is what the Packers would offer us if they needed a back). We don't need another guard. And Yes, I do know why they made offers for Choice and I also saw that nobody had the right OFFER for Choice. And no, I don't understand your dig at Jerry. Sorry.

Quote:
You also played an overrated Skins defense. Haslett has never ran a 3-4 defense before, and is trying to work out a few things. Then, you have Fat Albert not even trying to do anything and its hurting his team. Let's see what you guys do to Chicago and Houston first.
The Skins defense last year was top 10 in the league who has a very respectful front 7 but a so so secondary. They were tied with the 9th most sacks with 40 in the season and right now, is currently ranked higher than you in all categories except rushing yards and sacks. So nice try. Don't act like Houston is some all world defense. Same with Chicago. You want to make excuses now I see. I can do the same for you but why bother. It would only hurt more.

Quote:
If that's what you want to believe. Couldn't be further from the truth. There is usually about two or three Cowboys threads a year at the Texans site, and one of them is a primetime gameday thread. You want so badly to believe that Texans fans are obsessed with the Cowboys. It's so funny. Hell, the current "Houston Texans are better than the Cowboys" thread in the Houston section of this board was not even made by a Texans fan!
That's nice

Quote:
Seriously? Here is a link the Redskins fans discussing this: CBS not showing Skins game until AFTER Ravens are over......
I don't care about some link. I LIVED THERE.

Guess you didn't know as much as you thought you did.
I don't care about some link. I lived there. Redskins fans do not care about the Ravens. They are far more concerned with the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants, than they are the Ravens. Cowboy games are shown over the Ravens in the immediate DC area. It's quite apparent in that thread as well as many agree with me. Nice little cute comment you had on that thread too. You ask a Redskin fan in the DC forum who they hate more and you will overwhemingly see that Dallas is who they hate more. The Ravens and Redskins are not rivals for the same reason the Texans and Cowboys aren't.

Quote:
But the difference is Houston would be playing in Cowboys Stadium this year. I already gave you the examples about Jerry Jones, and that's more than enough to let you know what he would think about the idea. Also, speak for yourself, not everyone. I'm here in DFW and see this with my own eyes. You're way up there in Chicago, what do you see?
Your point? Cowboy fans will not care if Houston is playing in the superbowl whether they I live in DFW or not is irrelevant. Don't make yourself that important. You're not Pittsburgh.

Quote:
You guys just want us to be obsessed with you all. I have no idea why that is. Yes, with the Texans winning their first ever game as a franchise against Dallas, it was a sweet moment and talked about for years, but that has long since been over with. Cowboys fans are still stuck in 2005 with them thinking Texans fans really care about the Cowboys like that.
No we don't care if you're obsessed with us. We just know that since the inception of the Houston franchise, the Texan fans have an unhealthy amount of dislike towards the Cowboys and Cowboy fans never acknowledged nor cared about it. Over the past couple of years, there have been multiple threads discussing Romo, TO, Jerry, Texas Stadium, and such on Texan message boards. On Cowboy boards, we don't even think the Texans exist. Now if it is true that you've moved on, congratulations. Stay that way.

Quote:
And just an FYI, even the Dallas media up here (while watching Fox Sports Southwest), are saying Week 3 is the "Texas Super Bowl". So, you can quit with that bs about Houston being so obsessed with Dallas.
Are you calling FSSW the Dallas media? And are you saying the Dallas media speaks for the Dallas population? That's like saying the Fox and NBC media speaks for America when they talk about any issues. Very shortsighted comment. And I never said Houston was obsessed with Dallas. So fall back with your smart comments bruh.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Fort Worth is very comfortable in its shoes. We don't have to strive for attention like other Texas cities. We hold our own in the "Funk". Funny because you have stated numerous times you prefered Fort Worth over Dallas. I guess you just a little pist at what I stated. Dallas can have the limelight for all I care. Some Houstonians on City-data seem a little uncomfortable in its shoes. Houston merits speak for itself in my opinion. No need to constantly insult your neighbor because it just might be a little bit more popular.
It's funny. He's telling me what Dallas needs to do and how they need to do it and what they need to do and so on and so on and comes off as a major critic of any of their moves and their play. I wish I cared about the Texans that much but I most likely never will because they are not on my radar.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:09 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,884,312 times
Quote:
But see, we aren't talking about the actual cities here, just the football teams mainly. You have added nothing to the conversation except "oh, looks like the Houstonians are jealous of Dallas", yet you parade around this place about Fort Worth being better than Dallas. This thing goes both ways. There are plenty of Dallasites that are always discussing Houston and vice versa. I don't even remember the last time I took place in a Houston v. Dallas "battle" on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
It's funny. He's telling me what Dallas needs to do and how they need to do it and what they need to do and so on and so on and comes off as a major critic of any of their moves and their play. I wish I cared about the Texans that much but I most likely never will because they are not on my radar.
Well, when you live in Cowboys country, listen to Sports Radio where they talk about the Cowboys (105.3 The Fan), and you have many friends that are Cowboys fans, you do get to know the team a little more. But, even a casual football fan knows the Cowboys need help. So, are you telling me that if you moved to Houston, listened to Houston sports radio (where they will constantly discuss the Texans), and you made friends that were Texans fans, you wouldn't start knowing a little more about the team?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:24 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,884,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
It doesn't matter if you never did say it. The point is we don't need another to trade a running back to get another guard (which is what the Packers would offer us if they needed a back). We don't need another guard. And Yes, I do know why they made offers for Choice and I also saw that nobody had the right OFFER for Choice. And no, I don't understand your dig at Jerry. Sorry.
So, why are you acting like I said it by saying: "WE DON'T NEED A GUARD! WE NEED A TACKLE!". I never said you needed either a guard or a tackle. From my point of view, having Jones and Barber as a 1-2 punch is a lot better than letting one of their talents waste on the sideline. Choice is the best all around back of the three, so I actually think the Cowboys should stick with him and then Jones and try and trade Barber (who you all would have gotten much more for if you had traded him just a few years earlier). Barber is honestly the weak link of the three.

Quote:
The Skins defense last year was top 10 in the league who has a very respectful front 7 but a so so secondary. They were tied with the 9th most sacks with 40 in the season and right now, is currently ranked higher than you in all categories except rushing yards and sacks. So nice try. Don't act like Houston is some all world defense. Same with Chicago. You want to make excuses now I see. I can do the same for you but why bother. It would only hurt more.
Washington was ranked tenth. Houston was ranked 13th. There is like a ten yard difference between them. Not to mention Houston stunk it up the first three games, but when they signed Bernard Pollard, the defense vastly improved. Become top ten in rush defense, top 15 in passing defense, and the best defense at forcing three-and-outs. And like I said, Fat Albert didn't play the way he is now last year. He hates playing in the 3-4. The Skins ran a 4-3 last season. I know what Albert Haynesworth can do. I watched him knock Schaub out for a few games when he played for the Titans. When he's motivated, he's a monster. He's not motivated, therefore, he is hurting his team overall. That Redskins defense got almost no pressure all game unless they blitzed the Cowboys. They only had one sack and 2 or 3 QB hits (can't remember). What's even worse is that the Cowboys are injured and lack depth on the OL. Compare that to Houston against Indy, where the Texans rarely blitzed, yet knocked Manning to the ground 10 times and recorded two sacks. If Manning didn't have the quickest release in the league, he would have been sacked more.

Quote:
I don't care about some link. I lived there. Redskins fans do not care about the Ravens. They are far more concerned with the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants, than they are the Ravens. Cowboy games are shown over the Ravens in the immediate DC area. It's quite apparent in that thread as well as many agree with me. Nice little cute comment you had on that thread too. You ask a Redskin fan in the DC forum who they hate more and you will overwhemingly see that Dallas is who they hate more. The Ravens and Redskins are not rivals for the same reason the Texans and Cowboys aren't.
You don't care about some link? Because it goes against what you were saying? The facts are, the Ravens are shown in the DMV area. Doesn't mean that Redskins fans care about the Ravens (never once did I say that). I also never asked a Redskins fan who they hated more in that thread.

Quote:
Your point? Cowboy fans will not care if Houston is playing in the superbowl whether they I live in DFW or not is irrelevant. Don't make yourself that important. You're not Pittsburgh.
Cool.

Quote:
No we don't care if you're obsessed with us. We just know that since the inception of the Houston franchise, the Texan fans have an unhealthy amount of dislike towards the Cowboys and Cowboy fans never acknowledged nor cared about it. Over the past couple of years, there have been multiple threads discussing Romo, TO, Jerry, Texas Stadium, and such on Texan message boards. On Cowboy boards, we don't even think the Texans exist. Now if it is true that you've moved on, congratulations. Stay that way.
Goes back to the Oiler days buddy. You're looking at it too shortsightedly. I can't remember the last Romo/Jerry/Texas Stadium thread on the Texans board. Actually, I do remember a Cowboys Stadium thread. Many love the stadium.

Quote:
Are you calling FSSW the Dallas media? And are you saying the Dallas media speaks for the Dallas population? That's like saying the Fox and NBC media speaks for America when they talk about any issues. Very shortsighted comment. And I never said Houston was obsessed with Dallas. So fall back with your smart comments bruh.
No, I'm not saying that. And what do you mean "fall back with your smart comments bruh"? What if I don't fall back? What's going to happen?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
But see, we aren't talking about the actual cities here, just the football teams mainly. You have added nothing to the conversation except "oh, looks like the Houstonians are jealous of Dallas", yet you parade around this place about Fort Worth being better than Dallas. This thing goes both ways. There are plenty of Dallasites that are always discussing Houston and vice versa. I don't even remember the last time I took place in a Houston v. Dallas "battle" on here.

Well, when you live in Cowboys country, listen to Sports Radio where they talk about the Cowboys (105.3 The Fan), and you have many friends that are Cowboys fans, you do get to know the team a little more. But, even a casual football fan knows the Cowboys need help. So, are you telling me that if you moved to Houston, listened to Houston sports radio (where they will constantly discuss the Texans), and you made friends that were Texans fans, you wouldn't start knowing a little more about the team?
No because I would'nt care to know about them. The only other time I care about the other team is if they are our rivals. It was obvious since I lived in Washington that I would get to know them more. But now that I live in Chicago and I do indeed know Chicago bear fans and I listen to the score. I don't care to know anything about them.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:29 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,804,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feufoma View Post
On this forum it seems to be the case-but ask many Houstonians on the street what they think of Dallas and I bet 2 out of 4 have never even been and don't plan on it. Dallas is an afterthought to most in Houston at best.

you are right. I don't hear crap about Dallas here. Hear lots about Austin and San Antonio, but not much about Dallas. I don't think people think much of Dallas like Dallasites would have other believe.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:29 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,799,486 times
Quote:

Have you ever listened to a Atlanta sports radio station. It amazes me how much they discuss the Dallas Cowboys but than again a big chunk of the city of Atlanta are Cowboys fans. What Spade has been trying to get through your thick skull is Cowboys fans don't care about the Texans.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:43 PM

[quote=Scarface713;15910981]
Quote:
So, why are you acting like I said it by saying: "WE DON'T NEED A GUARD! WE NEED A TACKLE!". I never said you needed either a guard or a tackle. From my point of view, having Jones and Barber as a 1-2 punch is a lot better than letting one of their talents waste on the sideline. Choice is the best all around back of the three, so I actually think the Cowboys should stick with him and then Jones and try and trade Barber (who you all would have gotten much more for if you had traded him just a few years earlier). Barber is honestly the weak link of the three.
Because you said it, not me. You said we need to trade them to the Packers for a guard and what's the point of having three rb's on the team. I agree in principle. But if you cannot get what you need for the right price, what's the point of making the trade just to make it. That's the part you don't understand. The Packers would give us a guard if we traded Choice to them. That's not what we need. Barber is also not the weak link. He's just misused.

Quote:
Washington was ranked tenth. Houston was ranked 13th. There is like a ten yard difference between them. Not to mention Houston stunk it up the first three games, but when they signed Bernard Pollard, the defense vastly improved. Become top ten in rush defense, top 15 in passing defense, and the best defense at forcing three-and-outs. And like I said, Fat Albert didn't play the way he is now last year. He hates playing in the 3-4. The Skins ran a 4-3 last season. I know what Albert Haynesworth can do. I watched him knock Schaub out for a few games when he played for the Titans. When he's motivated, he's a monster. He's not motivated, therefore, he is hurting his team overall. That Redskins defense got almost no pressure all game unless they blitzed the Cowboys. They only had one sack and 2 or 3 QB hits (can't remember). What's even worse is that the Cowboys are injured and lack depth on the OL. Compare that to Houston against Indy, where the Texans rarely blitzed, yet knocked Manning to the ground 10 times and recorded two sacks. If Manning didn't have the quickest release in the league, he would have been sacked more.
That does not mean they are overrated. And yes, Haynesworth didn't play well last year on that line. But Orakpo did. So did Fletcher at the LB spot. I hate the Skins. But a bad or overrated defense is something that they do not have. All of their problems last year stemmed on offense and special teams. This is a first that I'm hearing the Redskins have an overrated defense when the statistics and play proved otherwise. Their defense last year kept them in many close games.

Quote:
You don't care about some link? Because it goes against what you were saying? The facts are, the Ravens are shown in the DMV area. Doesn't mean that Redskins fans care about the Ravens (never once did I say that). I also never asked a Redskins fan who they hated more in that thread.
I never said you did ask a redskin fan and I never said that the Ravens aren't shown in the DC area. I said I don't care about some link because I'm going by personal experience over a link. Also, once again, the Cowboys are shown more than the Ravens in the DC area simply because more people in the DC area want to see the Cowboys over the Ravens. And it's coming out now that this was only for the Baltimore tv stations, not Washington DC. So WUSA9 will show the Redskin game in it's entirety. So no, it doesn't go against what I'm saying. My point though anyway initially is that the Redskin fans do not care about the Ravens.

Quote:
Goes back to the Oiler days buddy. You're looking at it too shortsightedly. I can't remember the last Romo/Jerry/Texas Stadium thread on the Texans board. Actually, I do remember a Cowboys Stadium thread. Many love the stadium.
I said over the past couple of years. Not now. But over the last few years, there have been all type of jokes and dissing of Romo, Jerry, and the franchise. Hell, there's one on the Texans board now.

Quote:
No, I'm not saying that. And what do you mean "fall back with your smart comments bruh"? What if I don't fall back? What's going to happen?
I'm going to kill the thread. Because it would be obvious that I'm talking to a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas