Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:22 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,861,678 times

Advertisements

After spending billions of dollars on a new stadium way out in Arlington & talking about going to the Super Bowl every single season do you think the Cowboys are still the self proclaimed "America's Team" of the 90's?

With a crushing loss by the Houston Texans last weekend it makes you wonder if they should even be playing in the NFL, and not that the Texans are all that bad, they're a good expansion team considering how few years they've been playing. The Cowboys looked so bad I bet the Texas Aggies could have beat them. Romo got the **** sacked out of him several times & looked like a total wash up then there was that play where it took 3 or 4 Boys just to get that Texans player down by the jersey. The spotlight of the night was shown upon quarterback Matt Schaub & a blood thirsty Houston team.

IMO the Dallas Cowboys are a relic of the past. Its nice to reminisce their glory years, but lets get real here, they havn't had a good coach since Jimmy Johnson & Jerry Jones did his best to screw that little relationship up by telling him how to coach the team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 11:49 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,086,439 times
They really did look horrible. Of course they are trying to put a positive spin on it, but it's hard to do. They had 13 yards of rushing in the entire game!

I always hated that "America's Team" nonsense. It embarrassed me and still does. All it did was tick off all the other teams.

We shall see, but I don't think they have much chance of even getting into the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. I prefer college ball anyway.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:38 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,930,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
After spending billions of dollars on a new stadium way out in Arlington & talking about going to the Super Bowl every single season do you think the Cowboys are still the self proclaimed "America's Team" of the 90's?

With a crushing loss by the Houston Texans last weekend it makes you wonder if they should even be playing in the NFL, and not that the Texans are all that bad, they're a good expansion team considering how few years they've been playing. The Cowboys looked so bad I bet the Texas Aggies could have beat them. Romo got the **** sacked out of him several times & looked like a total wash up then there was that play where it took 3 or 4 Boys just to get that Texans player down by the jersey. The spotlight of the night was shown upon quarterback Matt Schaub & a blood thirsty Houston team.

IMO the Dallas Cowboys are a relic of the past. Its nice to reminisce their glory years, but lets get real here, they havn't had a good coach since Jimmy Johnson & Jerry Jones did his best to screw that little relationship up by telling him how to coach the team.
I'm not a Cowboy fan and never have been, and they did indeed look horrible (from what I heard; I didn't watch the game). However, that was a preseason game and I never take stock in what happens in the preseason. I will add that I think Houston will do very well this year.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:06 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,787,118 times
I hope the Texans do well this year.

I have not been a Cowboy fan since Tom Landry was canned--and the team bought by Jerry Johnson, a major as*******.

I watched part of the game, and I quite frankly was glad/surprised to see Houston beat them, preseason notwithstanding.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,793,647 times
Wow you guys would be considered bandwagon fans but every great franchise has its ups and downs. The Cowboys will return to glory hopefully sooner than later.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:05 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,388,989 times
Detroit Lions won all their preseason games and yet lost every single one of their regular season games. St. Louis Rams won 3 of their 4 and won only 1 game. Back in the 1994, Dallas lost all their preseason games and won the SuperBowl. Preseason is just to knock some rust off (the first series or two for the first string) and to see who will make the team or get moved up to 1st or 2nd string. Its for evaluation (first and foremost). If anyone seeks to make more these games than that . . . then they really don't have anything.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:04 PM

474 posts, read 901,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Wow you guys would be considered bandwagon fans but every great franchise has its ups and downs. The Cowboys will return to glory hopefully sooner than later.
I have never been on the Cowboys bandwagon. I think they will never return to the glory days as long as Jerry Jones owns the team.

Romo is not good enough to take them to the Super Bowl. He can be fantastic, and awful, just one week apart.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:07 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,086,439 times
Cathy4017: The coach was Jimmy Johnson. The owner is Jerry Jones. You conflated the two. I am so tired of the owner's star turn in the Mr John's Pizza commercials, "the official pizza of the Dallas Cowboys". How silly is that, and doesn't Mr Jones have enough money already? I can't imagine Landry doing that.

So I suppose the 1st team players weren't even trying to look good against Houston because it was a preseason game? I hear that they won't even take the field in the final preseason game tonight. I'm not a "bandwagon fan"; I'm either with a team or or not regardless of their record, and the Cowboys just don't excite me much one way or the other. I just like to see good football games.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,783,322 times
Watch the Dallas people disclaim them soon.
"Oh noooooo, it is not the Dallas Cowboys, it is the Arlington Cowboys; it is no longer ours"

lol, just kidding around.

Teams have their highs and their lows, who knows what will happen in a few weeks, let a lone a few years.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:18 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,930,949 times
Each season is a mystery, even up through the second half of the season. That's why I love me some football. Glad college football is starting up this weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas