Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you rooting?
Houston Texans 48 53.93%
Dallas Cowboys 36 40.45%
Whodat? I'm a Saints Fan! 1 1.12%
Some other team that doesn't matter 4 4.49%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 10:16 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,981,478 times

Advertisements

Being 3-1 is certainly a lot better than being 1-2.

I hope the ex-Houston Oilers walk all over Dallas next Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 09:37 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,730,434 times
I must be psychic or something.

I knew that was what was going to happen. For the most part Texans fans would be silent the week after they lost to the Cowboys and then they would come about bragging after they beat the Raiders.

A predictable lot you guys are.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 AM

We'll see how well your Cowboys do come this Sunday against Houston's old team.

Lose another game & you might as well raise the white flag & hang up your jerseys for the season.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:12 AM

Most Cowboys fans dont think much about Houston. The Texans arent in our division or conference. Were much more concerned about the Eagles, Redskins, and Giants. Conversely I also dont expect the Texans give the Cowboys much thought either.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:30 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,931,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Most Cowboys fans dont think much about Houston. The Texans arent in our division or conference. Were much more concerned about the Eagles, Redskins, and Giants. Conversely I also dont expect the Texans give the Cowboys much thought either.
Well I hope you all don't have y'alls head in the clouds coming off y'alls win like the Texans did.

The Texans beat the boys in the pre-season and was coming off two wins so they were cocky.

The boys are always cocky, so I hope they don't think they are bees knees again because they won one

Old 10-04-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Well I hope you all don't have y'alls head in the clouds coming off y'alls win like the Texans did.

The Texans beat the boys in the pre-season and was coming off two wins so they were cocky.

The boys are always cocky, so I hope they don't think they are bees knees again because they won one
Houston also beat Dallas the very first game they played against each other 8 years ago down at the then new Reliant Stadium. You could tell how intimidated they & the owner was by the look on their faces. Priceless.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:48 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,931,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston also beat Dallas the very first game they played against each other 8 years ago down at the then new Reliant Stadium. You could tell how intimidated they & the owner was by the look on their faces. Priceless.
yeah, that was awesome for a new team.

But I dunno why people think that a team of 20 year ago is just as good as today. People would say that the Bulls of the early 90's were an excellent team, they would not say that the bulls is an excellent team period. No team is static. The team is the players, and they do not last long.

There are successful Franchises, and the boys are way up there. So when they say the boys this and the boys that, they are talking about the past boys.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
yeah, that was awesome for a new team.

But I dunno why people think that a team of 20 year ago is just as good as today. People would say that the Bulls of the early 90's were an excellent team, they would not say that the bulls is an excellent team period. No team is static. The team is the players, and they do not last long.

There are successful Franchises, and the boys are way up there. So when they say the boys this and the boys that, they are talking about the past boys.
Yeah, but when ever you mention that they love to bring up the fact that the Cowboys made the playoffs recently. It was a fluke & lasted for what, a total of one or two games before they went back to their old ways? The play schedule was obviously to their advantage combined with having a "few good players". Tony Romo had one good season because he got some ass from Jessica Simpson & they put Kangol wearing pretty boy up on a pedestal for life. Guess somebody forgot to tell him its not the good ole 90's anymore huh? Kangols are no longer in style & neither are the Dallas Cowboys.

I don't get it myself, but meh...whatever strokes their overblown egos even more.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 10-04-2010 at 11:27 AM..

Old 10-04-2010, 11:41 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,948,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I must be psychic or something.

I knew that was what was going to happen. For the most part Texans fans would be silent the week after they lost to the Cowboys and then they would come about bragging after they beat the Raiders.

A predictable lot you guys are.
Um, it's a thread to look at both team's progress through the season. The first post after the Texans' win was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTXmetro View Post
Texans bounce back with 31-24 win over the Raiders without top receiver Andre Johnson. Meanwhile the Colts fall at Jacksonville. Can you say sole possession of first place! 3-1...........Good job. Let's see if Dallas can take care of a weak NFC East. Giants, Eagles, Boy's, Skins all have at least 2 losses.
Doesn't seem like any smack talk there to me. The smack didn't come in until this post by a Cowboys fans:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnZ View Post
Congrats, Houston, on your well deserved one possession victory over NFL punching bags, the Oakland Raiders.
So, I guess you aren't psychic, LAnative.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Um, it's a thread to look at both team's progress through the season. The first post after the Texans' win was:

So, I guess you aren't psychic, LAnative.
Tell yourself what ever makes you sleep at night. I was correct about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas