Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 04:30 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,241,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
remember when he decided that poor people with bad credit deserved homes they couldn't afford? Then he appointed his people at fannie mae and freddie mac to make it happen. Fast forward 10 years and now you have banks failing as people can't pay their mortgages they had no business getting.
Not sure how Bush caused 9/11. pretty sure clinton had the intelligence and did nothing.
Same with Iraq, why not remove saddamm in the mid 90's when he kicked out the weapons inspectors and had UN support?

But really, it is all Bush's fault.
Brother, isn't that the truth? I get really tired of everyone blaming Bush, but I guess someone has to take the brunt of the nonsense and it surely won't be Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Nawwww, that couldn't be it it...it makes too much sense, SweetClimber! But seriously, a point to you!
I spend a little time now and then on the California board and much to my chagrin, they can be very rude to posters asking simple questions. Maybe they're transplants (I can only hope). I guess this whole blasted country is full of the rude and thank goodness, the polite as well. I must say, TexasReb, you are one of the politest I've encountered on the Texas board.

Last edited by Canine*Castle; 11-09-2008 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 11-09-2008, 05:02 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,450,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHL2 View Post
I'm a Native Texan. Austin is now considered the California of Texas. Texans seem friendly because they are not as rude as New Yorkers or Californians. However, we generally don't care for Yankees in general or Californians who drive up the prices on real estate. San Antonio, Austin and the Hill Country looks nothing like California imaterry78259 unless you're on some serious meds. I've been to CA SOCAL and NOCAL multiple times which is beautiful but people are superficial and think too highly of themselves. They mock TX then run to get here as fast as they can if they can sell their matchbox houses.

I personally give everyone a chance on an individual basis. Texas is very backward especially the so called "justice" system. Look online for the Texas Statues and watch your ass. Lots of good 'ole boy cops in Austin and surrounding areas love to round up them fruits and nuts that belong in California and them *****osexuals. (See Family Guy for explanation).

I'm glad to be out of Texas for good. Keep living your fantasy. Also checkout Scorecard Home and enter your zip code to see how polluted your neighborhood is and the pollutants. Those of you living in Houston/Harris County are in the Cancer Capital of the USA! Have a nice day! Californey is the place you outta be...

what a tree hugger sight that was.... thanks, I'll never get that 30 seconds back.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I spend a little time now and then on the California board and much to my chagrin, they can be very rude to posters asking simple questions. Maybe they're transplants (I can only hope). I guess this whole blasted country is full of the rude and thank goodness, the polite as well. I must say, TexasReb, you are one of the politest I've encountered on the Texas board.
I'm sorry, I meant someone else, but now I can't remember who it was. This forgetfulness is getting on my nerves.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,398 times
Default From a mile away

Although many of you Californians are probably nice people and not too insane, I meet a lot of you near where I live in Austin. I can generally tell right away when a person is from California. I can tell because they talk fast, need everything a specific way and are dressed like a character from that TV show "Friends". IMO, you guys need to slow down a bit, realize you can't always get what you want, and learn to drive. I'm sure not all of you are like this, but I believe there is a stereotype for a reason.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:19 AM

2,185 posts, read 4,996,185 times
I encourage Californians to move here. I know a few that moved to Mckinney and Keller. I just talked to a guy the other night from N Cali who is almost ready to lose his house if he doesn't do something soon.

I think Texans are just afraid we might change the gun laws or try and beutify the state a little and start building our own stores we are used to.

But as long as Texas has a strong job market and low cost of living that Texas is so proud of. We will keep moving down here and the state will evolve and change. I don't see anything wrong with that. Makes it much more diverse.

Why everyone complaining about it, I thought Texas encouraged growth and proud of it.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,313,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I encourage Californians to move here. I know a few that moved to Mckinney and Keller. I just talked to a guy the other night from N Cali who is almost ready to lose his house if he doesn't do something soon.

I think Texans are just afraid we might change the gun laws or try and beutify the state a little and start building our own stores we are used to.

But as long as Texas has a strong job market and low cost of living that Texas is so proud of. We will keep moving down here and the state will evolve and change. I don't see anything wrong with that. Makes it much more diverse.

Why everyone complaining about it, I thought Texas encouraged growth and proud of it.
Most people don't care if people from CA move to Texas just as long as they don't bring their liberal views with them.

Nita

Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,563,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post

There's a lot of arguing on the California boards from people who live in the bay area, or in SoCal. They like telling people that living in California is too expensive, too hard, too this and too that. They say that it's 'tough love', but I think it's more on the line of misery loves company.

I've been to Texas a handful of times and know it's not for me. I love living in California but definitely don't hate Texas

Most of California is very down to earth, as is Texas, but you just don't hear about it as often. All you hear about is LA and the Bay Area, never sleepy little San Luis Obispo.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 AM

2,185 posts, read 4,996,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Most people don't care if people from CA move to Texas just as long as they don't bring their liberal views with them.

Nita

We do.

Texas needs a make over, it's long overdo.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
This Californian is as conservative minded as one gets, and I tend to keep it that way. I will be terribly disappointed should Texas ever turn to full-fledged liberalism. Ugh!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas