Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:10 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Me too! LOL.
It's really sad, but I can't seem to stop. The self-discipline I once had has long since dwindled.

My name is Canine*Castle, and I'm a pathetic internet time waster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 11:10 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I believe it. Look at her myspace page. Gawd, why am I wasting my time on this crap? I need my head examined.
Head looks OK to me, precious.

I love San Diego/southern California, and University City was a completely wonderful place to grow up.

However, we love it here also, and have no plans to ever leave.

I think I'm a Texifornian now!

My childhood home has changed so much, and frankly I hope the kinds of political values that led to the current state of the state of California don't migrate here. Make a budget you can stick to people.. and oh, maybe when an obvious real estate bubble market impacts your property tax receipts exponentially, you shouldn't rework your budget as if that will last forever. Thank you. (removing soap box)

Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
Quote:
You guys just need to read her past posts and the problem of wondering will be solved. She lives in Roanoke. Read her profile. She lives in a mansion.

If improving a states constitutes more eating places and better grocery stores, Heaven help me. Who cares about that?

By the way and in referring to the California mentality. There are people in Texas with the same mentality. They are pretentious, rude, condescending, and down-right ignorant. Let me add self-centered as well and "I'm better than you are." In fact, there are people all over this country who can be considered as such. I think we need to move all of them to a state of their own and call it Purgatory.
First off the house is not a mansion. It's just a Mertiage home called the Maverick, they are building them out here in Roanoke. I want to be out here because I have land out here and working on turning it into a German Shepherd rescue.

I moved here From Colorado but I am from overseas. I am not Californian, but both states are pretty much the same. Doesn't matter who you know, I know plenty of transplants here who feel the same as me.

Canine Castle you post here all the time how you hate the weather etc AND two faced. I find it hilarious you posting this, yet TOTALLY different in pm's. You play both sides of the fence. I guess you are trying to earn some friends here today.

Also you need to update your firefox. you have Firefox 3.0.11, they have 3.012 now.

I have a sore tooth right now and need to take care of some dental issues for the next few days, otherwise we could keep debating this. but it's getting old.

I will say I play all haters like a puppet.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
You guys just need to read her past posts and the problem of wondering will be solved. She lives in Roanoke. Read her profile. She lives in a mansion.

If improving a states constitutes more eating places and better grocery stores, Heaven help me. Who cares about that?

By the way and in referring to the California mentality. There are people in Texas with the same mentality. They are pretentious, rude, condescending, and down-right ignorant. Let me add self-centered as well and "I'm better than you are." In fact, there are people all over this country who can be considered as such. I think we need to move all of them to a state of their own and call it Purgatory.
Oh, I agree: I know lots of people who have moved from California to texas, we did. Well we did it via Wash DC. As I mentioned our kids did as well and have never looked back except 2 now live in Florida. Yes, I have seen many people in Texas who think they are just a step above, and yet, not as many as live or lived in California.

Do ya think if we all pooled our money we could afford to send the to Purgatory..??

We even have a few here that I would like to put on a slow boat.

Nita

Old 07-23-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
First off the house is not a mansion. It's just a Mertiage home called the Maverick, they are building them out here in Roanoke. I want to be out here because I have land out here and working on turning it into a German Shepherd rescue.

I moved here From Colorado but I am from overseas. I am not Californian, but both states are pretty much the same. Doesn't matter who you know, I know plenty of transplants here who feel the same as me.

Canine Castle you post here all the time how you hate the weather etc AND two faced. I find it hilarious you posting this, yet TOTALLY different in pm's. You play both sides of the fence. I guess you are trying to earn some friends here today.

Also you need to update your firefox. you have Firefox 3.0.11, they have 3.012 now.

I have a sore tooth right now and need to take care of some dental issues for the next few days, otherwise we could keep debating this. but it's getting old.

I will say I play all haters like a puppet.
Well, your home is beautiful and to me, it looks like a mansion.

I've never sent you a pm but did give you a rep point once. I agree with you that I do hate the weather in the summer but have indicated the rest of the year is pretty great albeit not cold enough for me in the winter but colder than southern CA for sure. Oh yes, I also hate tornado season with a passion. Yes, there are posters on the forums of which I don't agree and act like they're walking encyclopedias, better than anyone else.

Please be assured I'm not trying to make friends on any of these forums. I don't consider internet correspondence a way to make friends or even enemies for that matter. It's pretty much all just for the fun of it albeit quite a time waster. Nevertheless, I have found quite a bit of good information on the forums. Why we all bicker, I don't have the answer.

I was not trying to specifically "pick you out" except for the fact everyone thought you were from CA and I wanted them to know you weren't as you were pretty much ticking them off and referred to as having that state's mentality. Being a Californian, I was on the defensive as I am as simple as one gets with a mentality of living an uncomplicated life. If you find that hilarious, I'm glad you received a good laugh. It does wonders for the soul.

Keep in mind we all "double-talk" so to speak and it has nothing to do with being two-faced. Examples of this, of course, would be a topic for another forum. I'm sure I'm guilty of such as are most on here who frequent the forums.

I updated my Firefox this morning...or maybe it was last night. Anyway, it's updated. Thanks though for the reminder lest I hadn't been informed by FF.

By the way, kudos on the German Shepherd rescue.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh, I agree: I know lots of people who have moved from California to texas, we did. Well we did it via Wash DC. As I mentioned our kids did as well and have never looked back except 2 now live in Florida. Yes, I have seen many people in Texas who think they are just a step above, and yet, not as many as live or lived in California.

Do ya think if we all pooled our money we could afford to send the to Purgatory..??

We even have a few here that I would like to put on a slow boat.

Nita
Well, I look back all too often but mainly due to the mistakes I made in financial decisions. Oh well, it's too late now. Idaho is still looking pretty good. I wonder if I could stand all the snow?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Head looks OK to me, precious.

I love San Diego/southern California, and University City was a completely wonderful place to grow up.

However, we love it here also, and have no plans to ever leave.

I think I'm a Texifornian now!

My childhood home has changed so much, and frankly I hope the kinds of political values that led to the current state of the state of California don't migrate here. Make a budget you can stick to people.. and oh, maybe when an obvious real estate bubble market impacts your property tax receipts exponentially, you shouldn't rework your budget as if that will last forever. Thank you. (removing soap box)
Hey, we were neighbors but possibly in different eras. I grew up and lived in Burbank until I was almost 29 years old.

Burbank is still considered one of the nicer places in L.A. County, but, of course, it has changed tremendously over the years. Their crime rate is still low and that's a great thing. Even after all this time, I can't help but miss so many things about southern CA.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Well, I look back all too often but mainly due to the mistakes I made in financial decisions. Oh well, it's too late now. Idaho is still looking pretty good. I wonder if I could stand all the snow?
oh, we all can look back and wonder what if? Yes, we too look at financual decisions and are thankful our kids are not making some of the mistakes we made, but we are here, relatively healthy, love life and will not starve I am sure. ANd, I still love certain things about TExas!!!!

Nita

Old 07-23-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Hey, we were neighbors but possibly in different eras. I grew up and lived in Burbank until I was almost 29 years old.

Burbank is still considered one of the nicer places in L.A. County, but, of course, it has changed tremendously over the years. Their crime rate is still low and that's a great thing. Even after all this time, I can't help but miss so many things about southern CA.
You grew up in Burank, I wasn't all that far away, I graduated from Eagle Rock High School.. We spent a few nights at pic wik (spelling) skating rink.

Nita

Old 07-23-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You grew up in Burank, I wasn't all that far away, I graduated from Eagle Rock High School.. We spent a few nights at pic wik (spelling) skating rink.

Nita
Oh my gosh, Pickwick skating rink, one of my hangouts along with Pickwick's drive-in-theatre, bowling alley, and pool. I loved those places.

I graduated from John Burroughs HS.

I do agree with you about Texas. I don't regret moving here, but I do regret leaving California. It's a bit of a paradox, if you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas