Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2007, 05:22 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,222,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
No, because I don't consider him to be a Texan.
Well, he is one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 05:32 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
Quote:
No, because I don't consider him to be a Texan.
True, very true, however you folks elected him Govenor. I personally don't consider him an American. I personally don't consider him human. I dont consider him president since he lost the popular vote in 2000. He is up for conseration for Anti christ. I would consider him for the role of Darth Vader, but I think DV was far more intelligent. However I do believe he actually won the govenorship of Texas fair and sqare. California would have had nothing to do with him. He makes Arnold look pretty good actually.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:42 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Well, he is one.
An opinion. I disagree.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:43 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
True, very true, however you folks elected him Govenor. I personally don't consider him an American. I personally don't consider him human. I dont consider him president since he lost the popular vote in 2000. He is up for conseration for Anti christ. I would consider him for the role of Darth Vader, but I think DV was far more intelligent. However I do believe he actually won the govenorship of Texas fair and sqare. California would have had nothing to do with him. He makes Arnold look pretty good actually.
*shrug* Whatever; you're not insulting me, I never voted for the b*stard for governor or for president.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
An opinion. I disagree.

Of course, I understand opinions differ. He just reminds me of a true Texan, another opinion of mine.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
*shrug* Whatever; you're not insulting me, I never voted for the b*stard for governor or for president.
No, I am not insulting you, of course not.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:27 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,376,939 times
i agree..he reminds me of a true Texan and definitely rates as an honorary Texan even if he was born in CT.

Quote:

Of course, I understand opinions differ. He just reminds me of a true Texan, another opinion of mine.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
i agree..he reminds me of a true Texan and definitely rates as an honorary Texan even if he was born in CT.
He said NO to a bill for insurance for children whos parents cannot afford private medical insurance. Going after libs is one thing, going after sick children is another.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:03 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,056 times
Quote:
I understand both y'all, kewgee and nativedallasite. Bush was raised here since a very small child and when you are that young you adapt and assimiliate like a native. I was born in Texas but not raised here as my dad was military and I spent most my childhood in Europe. I used to work with a guy who was born in New York but his family came to Texas when he was about 6. You couldn't tell that he was any different from a native with his accent and everything. Another coworker from Mississippi said that I was the true Texas native and not the other guy because I was born here and he wasn't. Well, true, but you can be considered a Texan like my coworker and like the President but it's not the same as being a native, of course.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
I understand both y'all, kewgee and nativedallasite. Bush was raised here since a very small child and when you are that young you adapt and assimiliate like a native. I was born in Texas but not raised here as my dad was military and I spent most my childhood in Europe. I used to work with a guy who was born in New York but his family came to Texas when he was about 6. You couldn't tell that he was any different from a native with his accent and everything. Another coworker from Mississippi said that I was the true Texas native and not the other guy because I was born here and he wasn't. Well, true, but you can be considered a Texan like my coworker and like the President but it's not the same as being a native, of course.
That's really debatable. My kids were both born in CA but came to Texas at the ages of 2 and 5. They consider themselves Texans since they've lived here all but a few years of their 31 and 34 years.

I don't think it matters where someone was born. I was born in New York, moved to California at the age of 14 months, and lived there for 28 years. I have lived in Texas longer now than I did in California, but I'll always consider myself a Californian, not a New Yorker or a Texan.

My great-nieces were both born in England but moved to Texas at a young age. They're Texans to me and to themselves. I really feel it's where one is raised is what he or she is but of course, there are always exceptions.

As for you spending most of your years in Europe, I don't know how to distinguish that as it's too confusing. Maybe you're just an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas