Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,293 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody, I was hoping some of you could help me out. As per my title, I'm a very conservative, religious 26 year old living in NJ all my life, and I'm just about fed up with all the nonsense my state (and this part of the country) have to offer. My views on religion, abortion, immigration, gun rights, and just about any political issue I can think of, leans heavily to the right, practically in total opposition to everyone else around here. That said, I recently visited your state last August (Galveston/Houston), and I had a really great time. Everyone was extremely nice & polite, easy going and friendly. That notwithstanding, the fact that Texas tends to be quite the "red state" makes it an attractive option for me. This is all of course still in the beginning stages, but I was wondering if anyone can point me in a decent (i.e., low-crime) suburban area. I know this is a very general request, but I'm not too sure where to begin looking. I work in a collections department in a law firm so I'd think it would be necessary for me to have easy access to large cities and their firms for work, unless such businesses could be found in suburban areas (which they are here- but I'm not trying to hate or anything - I just don't know how it works over there). Can anyone help? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 05:26 AM

799 posts, read 3,697,443 times
Check Spring ,Texas zip code 77379, or Tomball(which is right next door) 77375 it is very nice here. I live in the Champions area.There are alot of nice neighborhoods such as Gleannloch Farms, Champion Forest, Champion Springs, Memorial Creek Estates, etc. There are alot of churches out here, I go to Houston NW Baptist which is awesome and more evangelical and more relaxed. We are on the NW side of houston and the commute to houston is not bad, if you want to go further north, The Woodlands is nice also. Check out www.har.com for ideas on neighborhoods. I like where I live. We have good schools(Klein ISD) and parks within your neighborhoods, alot of shopping and churches.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 16 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,608,691 times
Truth be told, I'd say any middle-to-upper-middle-class suburban area (especially exurban) will fill your bill. In Houston's case, that would be the North and West sides. Personally, I'd look to the NW and N sides due to the possibility of hurricane storm surge (stay away from water bodies!)

Old 03-28-2007, 01:42 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,298,949 times
South Austin, Zip code 78704. You'll have a right good time there.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:34 PM

264 posts, read 1,185,510 times
Bratt, that is just mean. Don't listen to him. 78704 is the most liberal zip code in all of Texas. I love SoCo and used to live in 78704 (and I soooo... miss it!), but it ain't red, that's for sure!

If you narrow down a general area of the state you are interested in (North, Panhandle, East, Central, West, South, etc.), we could probably direct you better. The state is so huge that you can live in any type of terrain and climate you desire.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:21 AM

55 posts, read 225,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich534 View Post
Hey everybody, I was hoping some of you could help me out. As per my title, I'm a very conservative, religious 26 year old living in NJ all my life, and I'm just about fed up with all the nonsense my state (and this part of the country) have to offer. My views on religion, abortion, immigration, gun rights, and just about any political issue I can think of, leans heavily to the right, practically in total opposition to everyone else around here. That said, I recently visited your state last August (Galveston/Houston), and I had a really great time. Everyone was extremely nice & polite, easy going and friendly. That notwithstanding, the fact that Texas tends to be quite the "red state" makes it an attractive option for me. This is all of course still in the beginning stages, but I was wondering if anyone can point me in a decent (i.e., low-crime) suburban area. I know this is a very general request, but I'm not too sure where to begin looking. I work in a collections department in a law firm so I'd think it would be necessary for me to have easy access to large cities and their firms for work, unless such businesses could be found in suburban areas (which they are here- but I'm not trying to hate or anything - I just don't know how it works over there). Can anyone help? Thanks.

GO HANG WITH GEORGE IN CRAWFORD

Old 03-29-2007, 09:47 AM

799 posts, read 3,697,443 times
Crawford is not a good idea, after all George has that crazy lady (Cindy Sheehan?)stalking him and trying to get attention....

Old 03-29-2007, 08:02 PM

77 posts, read 238,645 times
I will second what SkyeAngel said, the NW side of Houston has many churchs, it's very conservative and you will feel right at home. Truthfully! There are many good churchs in Houston as well. We live in Cypress, 77429 which is close to all the areas SkyAngel mentioned. Tomball, Spring, Magnolia, and the north side of town has the most trees. Ravensway is a nice affordable neighborhood.
Longwood is very nice but more expensive. Someone posted lots of pics of Longwood on here not long ago. You will be surrounded by Christians in this neck of the woods.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 PM

3 posts, read 15,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaluck View Post
GO HANG WITH GEORGE IN CRAWFORD
Wow! you would love the area around Lake Austin! Humid though.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:03 AM

925 posts, read 1,230,597 times
You might want to look into Schertz or Cibolo.

They are rapidly growing suburbs in northeast San Antonio smack dab between SA and New Braunfels, a larger suburb of SA.

Both are middle and upper middle class conservative towns with low crime rates and much to offer.

Schertz
https://www.city-data.com/city/Schertz-Texas.html

Cibolo
https://www.city-data.com/city/Cibolo-Texas.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas