Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you want Texas?
Sovereign State 16 40.00%
Union 24 60.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:50 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,604 times

Advertisements

I am very curious as to what is likely to happen here in the State of Texas when the 2nd Amendment is taken away from us. Specifically what is the Governors stance on this? I just moved here and I'm from Baton Rouge Louisiana but for some reason I feel like I couldn't be in a better state right now with this crazy stuff going on in our nation. I've heard that years ago Texas was going to do this but our own military was going to be used against the state of Texas and so it didn't happen. I would guess and say that if ever this would happen it would happen over an issue such as our 2nd Amendment. I think it's clear this nation is going down the drain right now. Of course I know that one of the main reasons is that we have become an import driven society and we are just a bunch of consumers so this is what happens. But that's besides the point. Now that were here what is going to happen? One big issue is our military in Texas. I mean lets face it, if something like this was ever to happen it's pretty much a losing battle as far as being a sovereign State because when it hits the fan, the UN will help out and it would be a messy scene. But what about our military here in Texas? What a difficult choice it would be for them. My guess is that on the eve of something like this the President would attempt to pull out most of the troops from Texas and get ready to displace them with other service members who haven't been stationed here. I mean, that's what I think I would do in a situation like that. Anyway this is a very broad subject so no comments or topics dealing with this would be off subject. I would not be surprised if the Texas officials are contemplating these same thoughts.

If I had to guess how this would play out I'd say that they would first search out all militias and harass them saying they are a threat and are losing thier right to bear arms. What do you think would happen then? It would start a war and it's all downhill from there.

My main questions are where does the majority of Texans stand on this issue? I think the answer is obvious but I could be wrong. And I would also like to know more about our governor's stance on the Constitution. How firm is he on the 2nd Amendment? I'm not a gun owner but I'm in Texas. The way I see it is I'm here with Texas and whatever our governor says I'll go with that when it comes down to it.

I may not have been born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 06:06 PM

514 posts, read 765,595 times
When did you become delusional?

Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,220,032 times
Quote:
... because when it hits the fan, the UN will help out
Uhhhh, the UN (?who?) is gonna do what ??? The UN is not capable of helping anybody, anywhere on the planet. And nothing's going to happen to the Union, Texas is not going to secede. It's a nice idea and lots of people would support the action but really... just. not. gonna. happen.

Constitutional issues will be resolved.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:38 PM

220 posts, read 454,390 times
Right now I think Texas is best served by remaining in the union.

However much like people should have back up plans for major emergencies I think it would be wise for our state to do the same.

If it were to ever become necessary it would be good for us to have our own plan to go it alone if need be.

FWIW I dont think the UN will be invading the US, if anything the only thing that I could see to cause Texas to seperate from the rest of the US would be economic issues. Such as if the US Congress to were raise all kinds that would severly limit the Texas economy, such as Cap and Trade. Either that or some sort of major SHTF like Yellow Stone exploding or major asteroid strike that would cripple the rest of the US.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:06 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,903,043 times
This again?

Listen, when we get 80-90% turnout (or higher) and still have issues with political process then we can start broaching the subject of breaking up the union. Right now only a little more than half the registered voters in this country vote, and that comes during presidential elections. Mid-term elections draw less than 50%, and municipal elections are lucky if they get 20% turnout.

It irritates the **** out of me that we have in this country a bunch of self-entitled, disengaged, lazyasses who will whine and lick incessantly about "the state of our country," but most can't even be bothered enough to get off their couches and vote on election day.

If our forefathers were alive right know they'd put a boot in the ass of every knucklehead who spouts off about seceding and throwing away the things that they gave their lives for.

If you think America is so damn bad go spend a couple years in North Korea or Iran, it'll give you some perspective.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan in san diego View Post
When did you become delusional?
Really, do you really think I have no reason to think about this and it's not a very real possibility? Well excuse me. I still think it highly likely for something very serious as this to happen. I have that right still don't I?
I pretty much think it's right there in all our faces. But I do read alot though.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:16 PM

I mean really. Is is that easy for you to sit here and watch what has happened here in America? Do you not see that it's not America anymore? I'm sorry but I'm not into that globalization bologny ok and I have no idea why I even posted this, except maybe to point out something that is going on in this world and it's NOT GOOD. Call me crazy but I'm know where I'm going and it sure aint Hell. Like I said I read and Revelation aint no fairy tale. Sorry to be so utterly disgusted at this place.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:34 PM

398 posts, read 1,417,506 times
Only if Tamaulipas, Coahuila, and Nuevo Leon secede from Mexico and join Texas as an independent nation.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:38 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
I am very curious as to what is likely to happen here in the State of Texas when the 2nd Amendment is taken away from us. Specifically what is the Governors stance on this? I just moved here and I'm from Baton Rouge Louisiana but for some reason I feel like I couldn't be in a better state right now with this crazy stuff going on in our nation. I've heard that years ago Texas was going to do this but our own military was going to be used against the state of Texas and so it didn't happen. I would guess and say that if ever this would happen it would happen over an issue such as our 2nd Amendment. I think it's clear this nation is going down the drain right now. Of course I know that one of the main reasons is that we have become an import driven society and we are just a bunch of consumers so this is what happens. But that's besides the point. Now that were here what is going to happen? One big issue is our military in Texas. I mean lets face it, if something like this was ever to happen it's pretty much a losing battle as far as being a sovereign State because when it hits the fan, the UN will help out and it would be a messy scene. But what about our military here in Texas? What a difficult choice it would be for them. My guess is that on the eve of something like this the President would attempt to pull out most of the troops from Texas and get ready to displace them with other service members who haven't been stationed here. I mean, that's what I think I would do in a situation like that. Anyway this is a very broad subject so no comments or topics dealing with this would be off subject. I would not be surprised if the Texas officials are contemplating these same thoughts.

If I had to guess how this would play out I'd say that they would first search out all militias and harass them saying they are a threat and are losing thier right to bear arms. What do you think would happen then? It would start a war and it's all downhill from there.

My main questions are where does the majority of Texans stand on this issue? I think the answer is obvious but I could be wrong. And I would also like to know more about our governor's stance on the Constitution. How firm is he on the 2nd Amendment? I'm not a gun owner but I'm in Texas. The way I see it is I'm here with Texas and whatever our governor says I'll go with that when it comes down to it.

I may not have been born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could.

How do we "lose" the 2nd Amendment? And who would do it?

Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 AM

898 posts, read 2,564,035 times
The 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere and the country isn't falling apart. We've been in far worse shape and come out just fine. Texas isn't going to secede either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas