Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:46 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Matt, your post - yet again- is pointless. If you're going to take pictures of similar neighborhoods, the Galleria in Htown should be compared with Park Cities/Uptown areas of Dallas.

Ps/ I'm sure there's a picture of a dumpster behind the Htown Galleria somewhere on the Internet that I could post so we could all laugh and say "how ugly!" (just like your sad attempts with pictures 1 & 2 above), but I don't have the time or energy to play your pathetic little games. Nice try though- we all see through you.

Then I'll make it a point to find that picture for us when I'm there next week as I'm staying at The Galleria.

It sure beat the area where we have to be in accomodations. Reliant Park....... ewwwww. All these huge venues and no nice hotels nor restaurants close by. Houston has so missed the mark on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Houston may not be, but the metropolitan area is very coastal. Baton Rouge??? I think not. MetroMatt statement was unneeded, but I disagree with your statement as well. Dallas is NO Houston; Palm trees are natives to the Houston area; not to Dallas.
You would be wrong. There are a species of palms that ARE native to Dallas. Just south of downtown Dallas there is a large grove of native palms.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:07 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Houston may not be, but the metropolitan area is very coastal. Baton Rouge??? I think not. MetroMatt statement was unneeded, but I disagree with your statement as well. Dallas is NO Houston; Palm trees are natives to the Houston area; not to Dallas.
Yes, Baton Rouge. Both cities are detached from the actual bay and connected by a channel-like body of water.

Baton Rouge - Google Maps

And you can find palms all the way up in Canada.

...lol, y'all are gonna get enough of acting like AlGreen don't know what he's talking about

Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Then I'll make it a point to find that picture for us when I'm there next week as I'm staying at The Galleria.

It sure beat the area where we have to be in accomodations. Reliant Park....... ewwwww. All these huge venues and no nice hotels nor restaurants close by. Houston has so missed the mark on that one.

You would be wrong. There are a species of palms that ARE native to Dallas. Just south of downtown Dallas there is a large grove of native palms.
Yeah; your stadiums sits in a suburb.

Yeah; I forget about those...., but it fits the Houston image much more than Dallas. Dallas sits approx. 5 hours from the coast; while Houston sits less than minutes from it.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:11 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,623,797 times
Dallas has palm trees? The only palm trees I remember seeing in Dallas were the tacky little shrubs in front yards in some random subdivisions. Learn something new everyday.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Yeah; your stadiums sits in a suburb.

Yeah; I forget about those...., but it fits the Houston image much more than Dallas. Dallas sits approx. 5 hours from the coast; while Houston sits less than minutes from it.
Uh, No, the American Airlines Center is IN Dallas.

As for the stadiums that are in a suburb around here........ at least there are plenty of hotels and NICE hotels and plenty of dining options for those that have to attend events at those venues and even some within walking distance. Reliant Park..... EWWWwwwww. Not even close and it isn't even considered anywhere close to being in the city center either.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Yes, Baton Rouge. Both cities are detached from the actual bay and connected by a channel-like body of water.

Baton Rouge - Google Maps

And you can find palms all the way up in Canada.

...lol, y'all are gonna get enough of acting like AlGreen don't know what he's talking about
Baton Rogue doesn't offer the coastal experience like Houston though. The beaches near Houston may not be the best, but they are tolerable.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
The beaches near Houston may not be the best, but they are tolerable.
Key word, "near".

Old 01-19-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Uh, No, the American Airlines Center is IN Dallas.

As for the stadiums that are in a suburb around here........ at least there are plenty of hotels and NICE hotels and plenty of dining options for those that have to attend events at those venues and even some within walking distance. Reliant Park..... EWWWwwwww. Not even close and it isn't even considered anywhere close to being in the city center either.
Are you seriously comparing the Reliant to AA??? You know damn well when I made that statement; I wasn't talking about AA

Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Key word, "near".
You guys will point out anything just to make a case. Where is Dallas beaches exactly???

Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Baton Rogue doesn't offer the coastal experience like Houston though. The beaches near Houston may not be the best, but they are tolerable.
It doesn't matter. The fact remains that both cities are geographically similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas