Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2007, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 14,346 times

Advertisements

My two sons want to play soccer and we are new to the area. Does anyone know a good soccer league for them to play in? I see there is a Manvel and Pearland league. The only thing I know about the leagues is that Pearland soccer is a lot more expensive than Manvel soccer league. My oldest has been playing for 8 years and my youngest is only 5 and has played for 3 seasons. We are in Shadow Creek Ranch area and would like to stay close to home.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 7,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericasepul View Post
My two sons want to play soccer and we are new to the area. Does anyone know a good soccer league for them to play in? I see there is a Manvel and Pearland league. The only thing I know about the leagues is that Pearland soccer is a lot more expensive than Manvel soccer league. My oldest has been playing for 8 years and my youngest is only 5 and has played for 3 seasons. We are in Shadow Creek Ranch area and would like to stay close to home.

Thanks!

I know this is late, but my son has played with Pearland Soccer Club for several years now, and just recently switched to playing for Manvel. I'd say its more important to find a coach and trainer your comfortable with, than the organization. You can have the best club in the state and have a bad coach or trainer, which will do more harm than good. I'd rather have a great coach and trainer over a great club...

Check them both out and find out who the potential coaches and trainers are, then decide. I'd tryout for both....

Old 08-26-2007, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 14,346 times
Thanks for your input! I will definately see how things go this year.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 6,972 times
Smile Shadow Creek Soccer

Eric,

Just saw this and I am also new to Shadow Creek Ranch this month. I have found that Ted and others are trying to get a youth and adult club going in Shadow Creek. I believe the approach is to start with the youngest ages and grow with them. This does not pull players from neighboring Pearland and Manvel clubs which participate in Bay Area. I beleive the expectation is for SCSC to play in Houston Youth Soccer Association when older age teams develop.

My U-11 son will play at Eclipse this Fall in Missouri City. About 20 minute drive but Div. I and Div II play will be available.

I'm going to help the Shadow Creek Club get going.

Erik
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas