Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is Your Idea of Staying Warm on a Frigid Texas Day/Night
Real Texas Chili/Frito-Pie 12 36.36%
Hot Dr. Pepper 3 9.09%
Quilts and electric blankets and your spouse/SO 5 15.15%
Tex-Mex Enchiladas/Tamales 6 18.18%
Hot-Chocolate/CoCo'/marshmellows 12 36.36%
Texas Beef Stew 4 12.12%
Grandmaws/Mommas/homemade Chicken Soup 3 9.09%
Steamy hot potato soup with bacon 4 12.12%
Red Beans and Rice and hotsauce 6 18.18%
Hot cornbread and REAL butter 4 12.12%
Other (please explain/elaborate) 10 30.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 AM

372 posts, read 710,461 times

Advertisements

Had monday red beans and rice with hot sauce.. can't believe it was a choice. We like to add taco seasoning to the mix and ground beef.

tuesday, we had campbells tomato soup with crumbled bacon and grilled cheese. Dinner was different, we had tilapia with chicken flavored egg noodles and fresh turnips and spinach from my mother's garden.

wednesday-lunch was a pizza I made from magic( well from things I had stuck in the wee crevices of my pantry and fridge)... food processed 4 mozerella sticks for the pizza.. and homemade tomato sauce for the base.. left over tomato sauce was put on the stove and cooked with a touch of basil, sweetner and milk. We had tamales for dinner and they were fantastic. Our treat was a blackberry sorbet I made with my ninja food processor.

tomorrow we plan on eating chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese for lunch, lots of hot chocolate around and for dinner, torn between making my homemade meat sauce and spaghetti( yes my recipe is made from fresh tomotoes, have leftovers in freezer) or having chinese stir fry with brown sauce..

breakfast is simple here- always waffles or oatmeal.

Grateful to my husband for braving the weather and going and getting groceries. There was not lots of choices 2 days ago at the store. He went back today , so grateful. Our shopping center parking lot made the news showing some one doing donut spins in the parking lot just for the reporter. Nice.. It's a ice rink still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 07:55 AM

148 posts, read 358,356 times
We have been eating comfort foods. Tuesday, per my vote, we had red beans and rice with hot sauce. Wednesday, I made a mess of jumbalaya (probably misspelled) with shrimp and chicken. Just put out a pound of hamburger, and I will make a pot of chili today. We are going to try to get out and go to the grocery store in an hour or two. The cupboard is getting bare.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:54 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,954 times
Whiskey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas