Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone sailor View Post
It is easier for the signal from radar and lasers to bounce off your license plate and back to their devices than without the plate, thus revenue being the biggest reason for them not doing away with the whole front plate thing like other States have done.
Plus many law enforcement agencies in the state have automated license plate scanners that read plates and run them automatically. No plate on the front prevents the machine from scanning you from the front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 11:13 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Yeah they look ridiculous on my Lamborghini Gallardo Spider and my Bugatti Veyron Supersport.
Would look even worse on my F-16 or Challenger Spaceshuttle.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 PM

78 posts, read 247,432 times
Im starting to see a lot around, not only have they been driving with the Euro style in the front, some have actual Euro style Texas plates on both sides

Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
One of my neighbors has a euro plate in the front but it looks home made like he may have lost his front plate and made it himself..

I've heard with the red light cameras being voted down that the police would start enforcing the front license plate law we actually have a cop that drives through our apartment complex looking for a missing or misplaced tag in the front... Our complex is horrible about some things we even have tow trucks that cruise our building looking for cars that are slightly over the lines in their parking space and tow them and charge $200.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
we even have tow trucks that cruise our building looking for cars that are slightly over the lines in their parking space and tow them and charge $200.
I'd LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!! Every parking lot should do this. Then maybe people will learn how to park.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:17 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I'd LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!! Every parking lot should do this. Then maybe people will learn how to park.
Yeah I didn't even know they were doing it until about a month ago one of my big mouthed neighbors came out and told me about it, She said she had been towed twice and charged $200 each time to get her car out. I then peeked out the window a few times and sure enough, they were doing it.. even pulling cars out of spots when the lot was full and they couldn't get an angle.

I have to say it does get irritating when the parking lot is full and someone is taking up 2 spots!

Old 03-09-2011, 09:19 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Yeah I didn't even know they were doing it until about a month ago one of my big mouthed neighbors came out and told me about it, She said she had been towed twice and charged $200 each time to get her car out. I then peeked out the window a few times and sure enough, they were doing it.. even pulling cars out of spots when the lot was full and they couldn't get an angle.

I have to say it does get irritating when the parking lot is full and someone is taking up 2 spots!
So the culprit that can't park right has to pay $200 to get their car out of the impound lot. Good for them. Beats me having to pay $250 to get the dings out of my car that they put in there for not being able to park. Or them scraping my bumpers because they don't know how to properly pull into a parking spot. I say tow them all day long.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:31 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
I agree. I make a point of redoing my parking if I'm not close to the center of my space. It reduces the likelihood that my car will be dinged by someone else's door.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:03 PM

398 posts, read 1,416,839 times
In the 4 or 5 years I didn't have a front license plate on my truck I got stopped about once a year. Always a warning. I finally put a plate on this year because I was tired of getting pulled over for nothing.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:32 AM

321 posts, read 838,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan55 View Post
In the 4 or 5 years I didn't have a front license plate on my truck I got stopped about once a year. Always a warning. I finally put a plate on this year because I was tired of getting pulled over for nothing.
Well, you weren't exactly getting pulled over for nothing. You didn't have the front plate mounted as required by Texas law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas