Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:22 PM

450 posts, read 2,047,991 times

Advertisements

Bob: Good to hear from you. I had a long talk with someone at the SRA site near the Pendleton Bridge. I am aware of the hydro-power contract and the commitment to generate even in low water conditions. Of course, the lake is so low that even that has largely ceased. I think the 165 level on the lake is achievable with some more rain. But I think the 168 is a long ways off. All I need is 3-4 feet to make things look nice. I am just south of the Jolly Roger marina near the mouth of Bear Creek. Have a fantastic view of the Tip of Texas. Keep helping folks in healthcare. That can be a thankless job. But the reward is that you are actually helping people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,982 times
Default Need a builder for Rayburn Country

Just found this post and I am hoping that "Gail" or others who know builders in the Jasper/Rayburn area can steer me to the right builder.

My wife and I have a beautiful lot in Section 12 on the water in Rayburn Country and have been told we could sell it pretty fast for some good money. We do not want to do that and hope to build our dream home on it someday.

What we wanted to do was find a house deep in the woods at Rayburn Country with no next door neighbors for $60,000 as a weekend and vacation home. We were there this weekend and could not find anything.

We came up with the idea of buying tax land (land that taxes have not been paid on and you can buy for very cheap) and then building a small vacation home for $40,000.

We were hoping to find a builder who has built in and around Rayburn Country, that has plans and can build on a wooded lot, with little hassle and knows what we want.

Any one have ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbuilder View Post
Hi,Kurt,

My husband fished Toledo extensivly before he married me and I took up all his play time. I will get some more information about the lake from him. I am not all that familiar with Toledo Bend except for Ebinezer Park recreation area from when I had highschoolers. Nice swimming and picnicing there. Keep in mind ,it is a long way from anywhere and while that is appealing in a week end home it can be more difficult in day to day living. Groceries,pharmacies,Walmart! the necessities of rural life require a little driving.

Water lots at Rayburn are up tp 60-100 K. They are little and hard to build on. Lots on Toledo are much cheaper. Check out the Jasper Newsboy classified. Also check Toledo Bend Reality to see what is out there.

High end consturction(remember I'm a builder) here in Jasper area is abt $100 per ft of heated space. That would be granite,wood and tile floors etc. There are much more affordable properties than that level of housing here. You can buy a cute older house in town for $79k and nice subdivision houses circa 1980's for $149k. Lake property is completly different. You would think after Rita, no one would be building but business is really good here. I think the insurance repairs led to long put off additions etc.

I don't get the posts on e-mail as I just read the boards. I could set my preferences to accept PM if you would like to talk off boards. But , someone else might be looking for beautiful woods, inexpensive living and nice people,also.

Gail

Old 06-10-2007, 08:08 PM

595 posts, read 2,712,691 times
Has anyone thought of Lake Livingston? We visited there in September 06 and really liked the lake. The problem is I fell it's isolated. My hubby loved it.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:55 AM

3 posts, read 17,514 times
PLEASE HELP.......
My name is Robin, and me & my family is wanting to move on the water please can you give us any advice. We have 3 boys and have been living in Houston, after losing everything we had in Hurricane Katrina. Now we are ready to move to the Jasper Area, Toledo Bend area, and so need any and all advice, you can offer.
Keep in mind, we have limited funds[looking for a great deal],but we are really willing to do what we can get to get something to call our again. Thank you so very much and I so look forward to your awesome help, suggestions, advice, directions HeHe!!!!....
Much Respect
Robin & Family
God Bless

Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 AM

2 posts, read 19,021 times
Default Rebel Ridge Lot

Dear Kurt,
I am new to this internet correspondence. I have an inside Lot in Rebel Ridge outside of Hemphill. It is on a hill with an "oceanic" view of toledo bend. I bought it many years ago and have done nothing with it. I am older and would like to go ahead and sell it. It is a nice place for retirement.
Now I am not sure how you get in touch with me. I guess I look to see if you respond. Sorry for not knowing much about this. Just get in touch with someone in Hemphill and they can tell you who all owns lots in Rebel Ridge.
Thank you Kurt,
And you have a good day.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,182 times
last boomer i found your message on a web search about your lot in Rebel Ridge we have been looking in that area. Can you send any and all email about the size and location. thanks.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 377 times
Dear new to Toledo Bend
My better half and I are venturing into Toledo Bend. We purchased a .6 A/C
Property on Merritt Mountain Road.
The Lots are going quickly, one a month.
The Views are unbelievable but we haven't figured out the elevation to build at.
But we will build Pier and beam with a stem wall
The lake is set at 173 ft
Have fun, lots are around 75,000.00 price range.
Very few water front lots left.😉
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas