Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:39 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
And here I didn't check back on this thread until after April Fools Day was over. Seems the rumours of TexasReb's death were greatly exaggerated
To the consternation of some, I am sure.

However, I must not forget to thank all my dear Texas friends who expressed regret and sorrow over Lucidus killing me off and DocJ providing the vehicle to do so!

MY biggest regret is that I interjected at the wrong moment! I would have loved to see the eulogy that Lucidus had planned to write!

My excuse is that I was on a work break and just happened to catch JLukes comments and figured, oh hell, I better stop this before he goes off (as he said he intended to do) and starts changing his status to one of mourning my demise...and then telling others on some of the threads he and I frequent that I had kicked the bucket.... and I would NEVER be able to get it all back under control! LOL

Last edited by TexasReb; 04-02-2011 at 08:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Man I love those sad cowboy ballads like El Paso.

Anyway, I think this may be perfect for this thread.
I confess I had never seen that one before. Great one! I am surprised that Lone Star Beer didn't latch onto the theme first.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:49 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,138,230 times
Just stumbled in to this thread, by mistake. Funny stuff!

Here's a little contribution to the early memorial of TexasReb.

YouTube - Ray Wylie Hubbard "*********, We're From Texas"

Old 04-02-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Here are a few of my Texas related songs!!!
The great Texas cowboy ballad El Paso by Marty Robbins is not complete unless complimented with its equally great follow-up!

YouTube - Marty Robbins - El Paso City

Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 AM

Default Now if THIS ain't Texas...

Now if THIS ain't Texas...

YouTube - Gary P Nunn w/ Jerry Jeff Walker - London Homesick Blues

Old 04-02-2011, 11:35 AM

795 posts, read 1,585,527 times
Any thread dedicated to my friend Texas Reb I've gotta be a part of. So heres an oldie but goodie. I love this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHcGlF0xDw

Old 04-02-2011, 12:37 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
To the consternation of some, I am sure.

However, I must not forget to thank all my dear Texas friends who expressed regret and sorrow over Lucidus killing me off and DocJ providing the vehicle to do so!

MY biggest regret is that I interjected at the wrong moment! I would have loved to see the eulogy that Lucidus had planned to write!

My excuse is that I was on a work break and just happened to catch JLukes comments and figured, oh hell, I better stop this before he goes off (as he said he intended to do) and starts changing his status to one of mourning my demise...and then telling others on some of the threads he and I frequent that I had kicked the bucket.... and I would NEVER be able to get it all back under control! LOL
I didn't get any of that eulogy written but maybe I should go ahead and write it.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
I didn't get any of that eulogy written but maybe I should go ahead and write it.
LOL I look forward to reading it. Just be sure and mention that I died with my boots on!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:12 AM

Default Whose Gonna Fill Their Shoes?

Good morning, y'all...

I posted this video on another thread so some of you may have seen it already, but it properly belongs on this one, what with the music and all.

As I mentioned earlier, this one is a tear-jerker of sorts. At least it is for old softie Texas types like me. It doesn't have a TOTALLY Texas connection, but George Jones is an East Texas boy and the scenery and such in this clip are undoubtably off the beaten path piney woods Texas:

Have yer kleenex or hankerchef ready....

YouTube - George Jones - Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas