Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,146 times

Advertisements

I am quite overwhelmed with the thought of moving to Midland in the next 6 months possibly and am in search of some information about the area. I will be moving with my 3 year old little girl to be with my fiance who just moved there for work. Right now we are in search of a place to live - would prefer to rent a house or townhouse. Does anyone have any information on housing, work, child care or resources/websites that would assist me? I have never been to Texas - infact am from the very upper midwest so this move will indeed be a HUGE move and culture shock may not even be the right work to explain Just looking for some friendly help. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 02:51 PM

384 posts, read 1,668,955 times
Default hi

Hi! It's me. Here is the website for our online newspaper Mywesttexas.com: West Texas News and Community There is really no central place to get the info you are looking for but the classifieds will help. If you privately send me your mailing address I can mail you an apt. guide that they have at the grocery store. You might also contact a realtor such as Legacy or Real Estate One as they may have rentals as well. This may help you get started! keep in touch and I will be happy to ask around if you find something that interests you!
Pam

Old 03-31-2011, 02:54 PM

384 posts, read 1,668,955 times
Default parenting forum

Here is a local parenting forum that may help as well! MidessaMommies.com -- A Mommies Network Community Many of the churches also have "mothers day out programs" that will at least help a couple of days a week with child care while you look for something more permanent.

Pam

Old 03-31-2011, 08:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,146 times
Oh very cool! Thanks SO much - will definately need to check this out - socialization is a must!

Old 03-31-2011, 08:37 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,278,870 times
Welcome to Midessa Queenbee.

I hope you found all the information you need.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:34 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,970,756 times
welcome to Midland/Odessa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas