Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,358,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Really? My experiences up there are that they are rude and aggressive drivers. Especially around Philly and NY. The best drivers live out in LA.

Far nicer there than around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,544,492 times
I drive at speeds up to 100mph on Michigan freeways, so doing 85 in Texas should be a no-brainer.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:34 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,197,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Austin drivers are terrible. They don't know the rules. One time, I was going about 75 on the far left lane on I-35, and some idiot pulls out in front of me going about 65 and just stays there. He wasn't even trying to pass anyone. I flickered my lights, etc., and he didn't move. I then saw everyone exit on the far right lane and went there to pass everyone up. The fact that Austin has a bad freeway layout also does not help.
Wow. Just wow. Classic example of aggressive and BAD driving on your part.

So what you're saying is that the person in your lane was actually going with the flow of traffic and that for that reason you couldn't get around him in order to "pass everyone up" and that makes him a bad driver.

So much for the "people should drive with the flow of traffic" argument.

I don't think the person should have pulled out in front of you in the left lane. It does sound like there were sufficient people in the lanes to their right that you couldn't go around them, and thus, there may not have been a place for them to pull over, solely from your description, without driving dangerously.

I don't know. But I do know that if you drive with your primary goal being speed and "passing everyone up", you shouldn't be on the road.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:50 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,874,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Wow. Just wow. Classic example of aggressive and BAD driving on your part.

So what you're saying is that the person in your lane was actually going with the flow of traffic and that for that reason you couldn't get around him in order to "pass everyone up" and that makes him a bad driver.

So much for the "people should drive with the flow of traffic" argument.

I don't think the person should have pulled out in front of you in the left lane. It does sound like there were sufficient people in the lanes to their right that you couldn't go around them, and thus, there may not have been a place for them to pull over, solely from your description, without driving dangerously.

I don't know. But I do know that if you drive with your primary goal being speed and "passing everyone up", you shouldn't be on the road.
Now, I was going 75 on I-35. Then, he pulls in front of me, not passing anyone, and I had to slow down to just below 65, into the left lane. In fact, I was about to pass him before he pulled out in front of me. I assumed he was going to pass the car and semi in the middle lane, but he just stayed at the same speed in the left lane. Please explain how that is going with the flow of traffic? I wasn't the only one upset either. As soon as I went over to the right lane, two other cars behind me did the exact same thing and passed up the slow ass in the left lane, as well as the cars/semi in the middle lane not doing anything wrong. I had to slow down a tad and let the line in the middle get in front of me before going across the entire freeway to the right lane. All because ONE idiot driver thinks its okay to drive slow in the left lane, with no one in front of him. As soon as I passed everyone up, I just moved over to the middle lane until I met another car, and had to move to the far left again. That's how you drive on a freeway.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:18 PM

3 posts, read 2,242 times
Driving and holding up the left lane will get you shot/ shot at in LA.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:16 PM

370 posts, read 996,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister K View Post
Driving and holding up the left lane will get you shot/ shot at in LA.
This is a good cop in action ....

YouTube - new jersey state trooper at his best!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: