Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 05:05 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times

Advertisements

Right, because compared to all the other states, Texas is so bad off!

Sure, things are tight here; but nowhere near as bad as they are in most of the country. Perry has done a pretty good job overall as governor, but no one can expect to be perfect at the job. Even Schwarzenegger couldn't get California out of its huge deficit.

I don't think Perry has the national recognition to win the presidency, but so far I haven't seen anyone who is much better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 05:10 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times
I wouldn't mind if he were to run...from a posse of Texas citizens that have a good strong rope!

Old 05-27-2011, 05:17 PM

330 posts, read 1,372,354 times
DexterCat and xsa201tx, as someone who hasn't made up my mind for the 2012 election and isn't leaning towards one party or the other, you and the other like-minded people have been absolutely hammered in this thread. It's borderline embarrassing. I like to hear arguments from both sides, and I'd really appreciate it if you, or anyone, could provide evidence to back up your claims.

For example, Texas quality of living is sometimes cited as being below that of other states, but I don't fully understand why. Can you help explain that to me? I'm being completely serious here, I'm neither Republican nor Democrat and I'd like to hear intelligent opinions from both sides.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:42 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
The only way he could have any chance is if you could convince the hipsters to vote for him ironically.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:59 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
The only way he could have any chance is if you could convince the hipsters to vote for him ironically.
One can always hope for change, if of course, intended.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:31 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,622,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drzy View Post
DexterCat and xsa201tx, as someone who hasn't made up my mind for the 2012 election and isn't leaning towards one party or the other, you and the other like-minded people have been absolutely hammered in this thread. It's borderline embarrassing. I like to hear arguments from both sides, and I'd really appreciate it if you, or anyone, could provide evidence to back up your claims.

For example, Texas quality of living is sometimes cited as being below that of other states, but I don't fully understand why. Can you help explain that to me? I'm being completely serious here, I'm neither Republican nor Democrat and I'd like to hear intelligent opinions from both sides.
@#$#

i had a huge list compiled and hit X on accident. oh well, round 2!

social security is a ponzi scheme? wow, perry sure is one smart cookie! i want this guy running our state

Perry calls Social Security bankrupt 'Ponzi scheme' - San Antonio Express-News

wildfires in texas could bankrupt texas, so says rick perry. maybe, just maybe he shouldnt have pissed off the president? i loathe obama as most republicans do, but you do NOT bite the hand that feeds you!

Perry: Disasters could 'bankrupt' states| KXAN.com

somehow, even though we have a balanced-budget requirement, we're still running a 7.9billion deficit. thanks perry!

Congress.org - Letter to Governor Rick Perry (R-Texas): Going Bankrupt

perry is going to create jobs with his budget, but dont forget that there will be 110k new people filing for unemployment due to perry slashing education funding. thanks perry! way to create jobs!

Texas Gov. Rick Perry loves talking jobs, just not teachers' jobs » Corpus Christi Caller-Times

the state has had to cut funds to numerous programs. too bad perry's housing wasnt one of them. thanks perry for wasting tax payer money!

Home Sweet Mansion: Rick Perry's Emergency Housing - Austin Political Cartoonist | Examiner.com

perry's pandering to big business hurts auto accidents in the long run. you really want this guy running our country??

Bad News from Austin: Perry’s Vetoes Hurts Texas Personal Injury Victims | Perlmutter & Schuelke, LLP

not only that, perry likes to lie about how much money he actually makes.

Perry Fined $1,500 For Bad Disclosure Report « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

A February 2009 survey showed that 85% of Texans supported regulation of the insurance industry – yet Rick Perry and Texas Republicans fought insurance reform efforts during the 2009 legislative session. (Source: Hill Research Consultants). who is perry paying off? what businesses are getting kickbacks because of perry?

Governor Rick Perry Must Go | America For Purchase

in short: perry is scum and makes me ashamed to call myself a texan. im about as die hard republican as they come and even this guy makes me want to vomit.

hell, his HAIR is better qualified to run the country than he is!

ps - enjoy the reading!

Last edited by DexterCat; 05-27-2011 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: duplicate link detected

Old 05-27-2011, 06:58 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
All I can tell you is that there are 2 things that are not going to happen:

1. Marijuana isn't going to be legalized (so put down your joints and join the real world)
2. Rick Perry will never become President of the U.S.A.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend and remember to remember the great military service members who died so you can do whatever it is that you do... some of it may not be morally acceptable, but at least you don't have to worry about being hauled into the streets and having your head lopped off by some extremist lunatics.

Cheers!

Old 05-27-2011, 07:43 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,622,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
All I can tell you is that there are 2 things that are not going to happen:

1. Marijuana isn't going to be legalized (so put down your joints and join the real world)
2. Rick Perry will never become President of the U.S.A.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend and remember to remember the great military service members who died so you can do whatever it is that you do... some of it may not be morally acceptable, but at least you don't have to worry about being hauled into the streets and having your head lopped off by some extremist lunatics.

Cheers!
i salute the brave men and women who died in WWII (and previous wars) defending my freedoms.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
A talking head from the Washington Post (Charles Lane) on Bret Baer did say about a Perry run, that although he doesn't really have a signature achievement, that if he were to run on 'a Texas Model' being the relative stability of Texas during an economic downturn, that he might get some national attention.

So, if you want him to go, get behind him now.
I think a $25 billion budget shortfall and budget cuts that could eliminate up to 200,000 jobs pretty much shoot the notion that Texas weathered the downturn right in the ass.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:02 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
oooh please run.....I beg you to run....The country want vote in a president from the state of Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas