Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:11 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,148 times

Advertisements

Perry To Consider Running For President - Politics News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/politics/28048603/detail.html - broken link) << I've linked to KSAT, a local TV station, so I hope it is okay for this post to stay in the San Antonio forum. If not, feel free to move.

Hey Governor Perry thanks for leaving Texas in a 27 BILLION DOLLAR SHORTFALL as you consider running for president.

I'm sure the millions of seniors who will receive Medicaid cuts, many of the working poor who will receive cuts in social services, and many of the hundreds of thousands of (12th grade and under) students across our state... who will sit in much larger classrooms (teacher - student ratio) will appreciate it as well as the millions in cuts to higher education for college students.

Hope you have fun running for president, after all, you did such a great job here in Texas! *sarcasm*

Your only supporters are the brainwashed right-wing buffoons with no brains who claim to care so much about "the budget." But I guess that doesn't apply to Texas, huh?!

Last edited by Beretta; 05-27-2011 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: Thread moved to State of Texas forum; for now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 11:15 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Brainwashed buffons LMAO it is buffoons, but nice attempt, without brains???? You show your ass, you know.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:16 AM

254 posts, read 548,166 times
Get ready for the second coming of Bush; no pun intended.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:17 AM

And no, I am not a Rick Perry supporter, but what a ridiculous post.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Brainwashed buffons LMAO it is buffoons, but nice attempt, without brains???? You show your ass, you know.
It's fixed. Hey, cursing shows a lack of integrity you know

If you can't point out why a governor leaving a state in so many billions in a shortfall doesn't bode poorly for that individual running for president, then move on.

I'm looking for substance not detraction.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
And no, I am not a Rick Perry supporter, but what a ridiculous post.
Millions in cuts to our citizens in Texas is real, and we have a governor who actually thinks people will vote for him. THAT'S ridiculous.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 AM

254 posts, read 548,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
Millions in cuts to our citizens in Texas is real, and we have a governor who actually thinks people will vote for him. THAT'S ridiculous.
I'm sure he'll end up as president, because that's the kind of backwards society we live in...

...like our votes matter anyway-

Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 AM

You fixed the spelling, but how do you brainwash a supposedly brainless buffoon? Which apparently you are calling conservatives. Your original post reads as though a 6th grader wrote it, was my point. Don't vote for him. I'm not. But the name- calling needs to cease.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:32 AM

5,442 posts, read 7,737,640 times
Default Rick Perry running for President?

Says he is considering it.

Coy for months, GOP Texas Gov. Rick Perry now says he will consider running for president - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republican-texas-gov-rick-perry-says-he-will-consider-running-for-president/2011/05/27/AGnn7kCH_story.html - broken link)

I guess that would be one way to be rid of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
If this thread ONLY discusses Rick Perry and how what he has done in Texas as governor applies to a run for the presidency, it'll be on topic for the TEXAS forum. That means the following:

* No discussing other candidates (With the lone additional exception of Ron Paul, they're not from Texas)
* No discussing the current President (He's not from Texas)
* No discussing Congress (Over 500 of the 535 members of Congress are not from Texas)

If you can't drive on a road that narrow, don't reply. There are plenty of Rick Perry threads in the P&OC forum you can reply to and not have to follow those conditions.

Last edited by Bo; 05-27-2011 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: Added mod quote with conditions.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 AM

415 posts, read 449,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
Says he is considering it.

Coy for months, GOP Texas Gov. Rick Perry now says he will consider running for president - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republican-texas-gov-rick-perry-says-he-will-consider-running-for-president/2011/05/27/AGnn7kCH_story.html - broken link)

I guess that would be one way to be rid of him.
I knew he would... I been saying this for years now. Kind of thought I was wrong because he got late into the game, but I knew he eventually would.

All I can say about this: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope hair products will get cheaper if he becomes president. I use them frequently, too. I'm sure he'd push for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas