Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 11:21 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-Tyler is Special View Post
The meto doesn't now, and for the last 5 plus years cover Marshall, that is Harrison county.
So is East Longview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,080,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
So is East Longview.
Sorry, East Longview? Not an incorporated place, I guess I'm confused
never heard of East capitalized before? East Longview? Yes it is growing East. Took drive on 281 from the far West Side to where it joins I-20 on the East side, very impressive.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:38 AM

Probably shouldn't have capitalized it. The east side of Longview is in Harrison county, including Longview Heights. People living over there actually send their kids to school in Hallsville. (I was surprised to learn that.)

Old 07-11-2011, 01:18 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,140 times
Where is Nacogdoches/Lufkin? Seeing Nacogdoches has more history then both citys you mention.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:40 PM

And Philadelphia has more history than Nacogdoches. So what?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:27 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,611,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Where is Nacogdoches/Lufkin? Seeing Nacogdoches has more history then both citys you mention.
We're talking about history???

Old 07-11-2011, 05:19 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,140 times
Nacogdoches has way more history duh!!! Yall may have not been to school in Texas but we are for the oldest city in texas,First newspaper,oil,stone fort, Jone Wayne mention are name in several westerns and mention more in the history books then Marshall omg can't people didn't know that.The first highway 21 old spanish hwy ha ha.I heard you say in a thread on Marshall that they we're capital of history well I have lived in east texas for 24yrs and from Tyler to Nac people know of the history in Nacogdoches maybe thats just a Marshall.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:04 PM

816 posts, read 1,946,692 times
Quote:
Nacogdoches has way more history duh!!! Yall may have not been to school in Texas but we are for the oldest city in texas,First newspaper,oil,stone fort, Jone Wayne mention are name in several westerns and mention more in the history books then Marshall omg can't people didn't know that.The first highway 21 old spanish hwy ha ha.I heard you say in a thread on Marshall that they we're capital of history well I have lived in east texas for 24yrs and from Tyler to Nac people know of the history in Nacogdoches maybe thats just a Marshall.
Hey brotha,

We don't care. I'd like to see Marshall old history pictures.

After seeing all your threads, you really need to stop taking too much pride in Nacogdoches. Don't get me wrong, I go to school at SFA and I love it.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:27 PM

Read the thread title. This thread is about Longview. The original poster said nothing about Longview being the most historic city in East Texas. Your posts are off-topic and frankly out of nowhere. Not every thread needs to be about Nacogdoches or Lufkin.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:52 AM

4,376 posts, read 4,616,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-Tyler is Special View Post
Great pics !! Very good job. Showed it all not just he pretty "stuff" much pretty to show, however.

The meto doesn't now, and for the last 5 plus years cover Marshall, that is Harrison county. Harrison county was replaced by Usphur Countu (Gilmer) Census pop was just over, 80,000 at 80,500 not quite the 85,000 which should be in 2020. Longview grew, in the city, 5,000 in the last 10 years from the 2,000 census figures. Metro includes, Gladewater,White Oak, Kilgore, Henderson, Gilmer, Hallsville, wide area in number of square miles included in Metro Area.

By, far the best job I've seen on here for Longview, as I've said before, I like Longview, up and coming city, my second favorite city in East Texas. Good job.
Well, preciate the props and Longview and Marshall are always considered together as a metro area. And apart of Longview sits in Harrison county. And that's not even the outskirts of Longview, no parts of the city limits sit in Harrison county. Matter fact if you live in Longview they'll have 2 avaliable phone books for you. 1 is just the city of Longview and some smaller surrounding areas and the other phone book combines Longview and Marshall in more surrounding areas. It's only 15-20 mins apart from each other and with more ppl moving into Hallsville and the areas in between the gap between the 2 is only getting smaller. Many ppl from Marshall and the surrounding areas commute back and forth in Longview.

Quote:
Where is Nacogdoches. I was raised in between Longview and Marshall. Maybe you should do a Nacogdoches/Lufkin pic thread. That aint my mission partner. And Nac is the oldest city in Texas but it my personal opinion it's not as interesting as Longview or Marshall.

Quote:
I'm 26 and while Nacogodches has alot of history it never was as important culturally or got the population that Marshall once had it. And even though it's the oldest city it wasn't as politically or CULTURALLY important then Marshall. I said Marshall was the cultural capitol of East Texas not the historical capitol of East Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas