Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 02:04 PM

12,868 posts, read 13,179,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Cause A&M has far more class than cry baby TU fan.... remember 2008 when you guys threw the biggest hissy fit about "45-35" beating OU and meanwhile Tech beat YOU and had the same record and didn't cry like little babies about it

75-37 don't mean crap since almost the whole gap came when A&M didn't even really have a football program. What has happened in your lifetime means more.

Seems like the present and future have you TU boys being OU and A&M's kid...
Excuse me, but you are what's wrong with much of the A&M Internet fanbase....totally delusional, especially about "class". You'll lose that argument, badly.

Tech had no reason to object because they weren't going to the BCS, and they knew it. How did that scenario work out for OU anyway?

Speaking of crying like babies, what was all that noise from you guys about the evil tu and it's Longhorn Network being "unfair"? And the revenue sharing? Total hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
All this bickering and the Longwhorn Notwork is still a blank screen.
Where's the $300,000,000 aggy/ESPN contract?

Old 08-29-2011, 02:11 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,063,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Excuse me, but you are what's wrong with much of the A&M Internet fanbase....totally delusional, especially about "class". You'll lose that argument, badly.

Tech had no reason to object because they weren't going to the BCS, and they knew it. How did that scenario work out for OU anyway?

Speaking of crying like babies, what was all that noise from you guys about the evil tu and it's Longhorn Network being "unfair"? And the revenue sharing? Total hypocrisy.

1) Uh, no I won't lose that argument

2) Tech had every reson to object because they deserved it just as much as TU did

3) EVERY school in the Big 12 hates that network. A&M is the one who does not need to stay and can afford to be vocal

Old 08-29-2011, 03:19 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,530,738 times
Quote:

2) Tech had every reson to object because they deserved it just as much as TU did

3) EVERY school in the Big 12 hates that network. A&M is the one who does not need to stay and can afford to be vocal
To your #2. In all honesty, most Tech fans weren't expecting it. They got absolutely demolished by OU. They lost way worse than either UT or OU did that year, and they knew it. Signed, a former Tech fan.

Also, I find it very interesting that at least half (if not more) of this thread has been about UT athletics. Isn't this an A&M thread?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
To your #2. In all honesty, most Tech fans weren't expecting it. They got absolutely demolished by OU. They lost way worse than either UT or OU did that year, and they knew it. Signed, a former Tech fan.

Also, I find it very interesting that at least half (if not more) of this thread has been about UT athletics. Isn't this an A&M thread?
Yep, it sure is.

But pointing out little brother's mistake they are about to make seems to have riled them up.

At least A&M has gained some temporary national relevance for a change with this impending move.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:

#1 - Yes you will
#2 - debunked by the Tech fan
#3 - They don't like it because they: A) Didn't think of it first. B) A&M wouldn't command such a lucrative deal.

I thought you guys were going to the SEC because of the money and couldn't afford to stay in the Big 12? Aren't you the ones who were so in the red that your athletic department had to borrow $16 million from the university to stay afloat?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:49 PM

20,501 posts, read 33,335,740 times
Quote:
I think instead of the SEC, A&M and UT should go to the Big 10 and OU and Okie St. should go to the SEC.

The 2 Texas schools bring the Texas market to the Big 10 as well as the great academics and athletics and can keep their rivalry as well as kicking Nebraskas butt every year.

OU and OSU are more in line academically with the SEC
I do not disagree with you there. I think A&M would listen to what the Big 10 would have to say if they wanted to offer both Texas and Texas A&M. Much better academically than the SEC with great atmospheres at Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, and now Nebraska. Iowa isn't half bad itself. You have the Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Detroit, MSP markets in addition to St. Louis (yes it's a big 10 market), Milwaukee and the Ohio cities.I know Texas LOVES the the Big 10. Very attractive for them if not the Pac 12.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I do not disagree with you there. I think A&M would listen to what the Big 10 would have to say if they wanted to offer both Texas and Texas A&M. Much better academically than the SEC with great atmospheres at Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, and now Nebraska. Iowa isn't half bad itself. You have the Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Detroit, MSP markets in addition to St. Louis (yes it's a big 10 market), Milwaukee and the Ohio cities.I know Texas LOVES the the Big 10. Very attractive for them if not the Pac 12.
That's a good scenario for second choice. But since the Big 10 accepted Nebraska (in spite of their academics), that would clear the way for A&M (which is superior to Nebraska) and OU - even OSU.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:57 PM

20,501 posts, read 33,335,740 times
My 1st choice for Texas is Pac 12. My second is Big 10. My third is going to the SEC. My fourth is staying in this hole of a conference. My fifth and I believe worse idea of all because it's stupid is Independence.

Me personally, I believe the LHN is nothing more than an impediment that can be worked out if the superconferences do happen and the Big 12-3 finds itself dissolving. Nevertheless, I still hate to see A&M go to the SEC but they are doing what's best for them.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
My 1st choice for Texas is Pac 12. My second is Big 10. My third is going to the SEC. My fourth is staying in this hole of a conference. My fifth and I believe worse idea of all because it's stupid is Independence.

Me personally, I believe the LHN is nothing more than an impediment that can be worked out if the superconferences do happen and the Big 12-3 finds itself dissolving. Nevertheless, I still hate to see A&M go to the SEC but they are doing what's best for them.
That's right, and UT is doing what's best for UT.

However, the notion that A&M will have more "juice" in the SEC than they did in the Dinky Dozen is laughable. They will be much less of a force there. Just ask Arkansas.

No way Texas ever would go to the SEC, as the lower academics, blatant cheating, and looser recruiting standards are repugnant to the powers that be in Austin.

I will laud the dissolution of the Big 12-3 as it stands.

But the aggies need to man up and pay at least the same exit fee (read: lose their $18 million tv cut at the end of the season) they are obliged to do as Nebraska did, but I won't hold my breath.

BTW - The LHN is negotiable, but it ain't going away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas