Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 04:52 PM

388 posts, read 849,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If it makes you feel better to think that, go ahead. But I've driven and flown all over the country, have been to 48 of 50 states and most of them a lot. I've spent more time in Texas than I care to relive so my opinion is based on personal experience. And since it's me you're quoting and me you attacked, don't make accusations without knowing what you're talking about. Less you be thought of as a fool.
Haha, doesn't feel so pretty when people talk bad about your state, does it?

Nice to see you are fessing up to that ridiculous remark, I wasn't going to call you out like that, but feel free to let everyone on CD know how wise you are.

I can only imagine what kind of work you were doing and where when you describe the state as "gray and sparse with dust everywhere." sounds like one of the images that come to mind in an old western, hey, didn't someone just post about that image being the only thing Californians know about Texas?

Having a jester think me a fool is not as big a slight to my ego as you might imagine.

I find upsetting that you feel attacked when someone quotes a ridiculous comment of yours to show the absolute stubbornness of the people I've been lucky enough to interact with.

But hey, I feel attacked when someone mispronounces my name, so I guess to each his own.

Last edited by jifie; 08-13-2011 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Auto-correct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 05:03 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Father, mother, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, all born in Texas. Traveled to Texas for a collective eight years, technology-related. Have been everywhere from San Angelo to Houston, from Amarillo to San Antonio, Austin to real winners like ENNIS. I stand by my opinion based on first hand experience. I didn't come to the Texas forum to attack their state but you took my opinion and posted here. So sorry Texans, not a fan. I still have to travel to your state from time to time and I keep my opinion to myself while there. I live in Seattle, travel to California for work and we have more people from Texas fleeing to Seattle every day. It's a bummer. But I spend as much time in California now as I used to have to do in Texas. I made my preference for California in the California forum. If this sad, bitter poster wants to copy my post like a child and post it in another forum, he can do that.

Last edited by Seacove; 08-13-2011 at 05:50 PM..

Old 08-13-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Father, mother, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, all born in Texas. Traveled to Texas for a collective eight years, technology-related. Have been everywhere from San Angelo to Houston, from Amarillo to San Antonio, Austin to real winners like ENNIS. I stand by my opinion based on first hand experience. I didn't come to the Texas forum to attack their state but you took my opinion and posted here. So sorry Texans, not a fan. I still have to travel to your state from time to time and I keep my opinion to myself while there. I live in Seattle, travel to California for work and we have more people from Texas feeling to Seattle every day. It's a bummer. But I spend as much time in California now as I used to have to do in Texas. I made my preference for California in the California forum. If this sad, bitter poster wants to copy my post like a child and post it in another forum, he can do that.
Ah, pulling out the true colors now are we?

I see them shining through. So now you've looked back at the comments you've made and are quite ashamed, even maddened that you let everyone know it was you?

I'm a little upset that you see my quoting you as child-like. I tried my best to make it appear as though an adult did it, but I guess I must've misspelled to many words and it came out looking like a kid did it, maybe next time I'll do better.

I'm not very sad, I had a really good day today, and seeing this post actually brightens it today knowing how you can no longer stand by the comments you made. And aside from some lemonade I had during lunch, nothing bitter has entered my body.

If you believe in those comments you made, I don't understand why you seem so upset. You would likely want to everyone know how you feel, yes? I respited them here as a courtesy to Texans, and to see what they think about what others, that consider a plane change in Houston as a thorough Texas experience, have to say about their state.

If you did not wish to be quoted, you should not have made it so, well, quotable.

Interesting how when you make a comment like your last sentence, you often come off as exactly what you are accusing others of, isn't it? Shall we call that irony?

Old 08-13-2011, 05:22 PM

Jilfie, I don't mind your quoting me. I'm flattered. When I saw the post this morning in the Seattle forum asking if Texas was the opposite of Seattle, I thrilled at the opportunity to respond. I don't apologize for my opinion in the least. But I didn't post it in the Texas forum. You did. So if you don't mind going to someone's house and insulting their food, that's fine.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Jilfie, I don't mind your quoting me. I'm flattered. When I saw the post this morning in the Seattle forum asking if Texas was the opposite of Seattle, I thrilled at the opportunity to respond. I don't apologize for my opinion in the least. But I didn't post it in the Texas forum. You did. So if you don't mind going to someone's house and insulting their food, that's fine.
And I never brought up that you had posted it. I was merely using it as the most recent example of what people in CA forums had to say about TX since they were not witnessing it themselves, and they were not able to defend it and I wanted an opinion on it from the TX forum. You were not the only one that had posts along those lines, there were quite a few, but yours was the most recent.

I'm not quite sure what food has to do with posting a quote from one part of a website onto another part of a website so more people can see it, so I'll leave that comment alone.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:34 PM

It's a metaphor Jilfie. That's okay, education isn't for everyone.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
It's a metaphor Jilfie. That's okay, education isn't for everyone.
Knowing the definition of a metaphor and actually properly executing a metaphor are two completely different skill sets.

See the other thread re: our d*** fencing match.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,415 times
Texas does not need defending, neither does California for that matter. There are very few in either state that wish to move to the other. Although I noticed a lot of unemployed coming from California, and elsewhere, believing that Texas is paved with jobs. I hope this "Texas Miracle" rhetoric doesn't backfire on the great state of Texas.

Last edited by jw2; 08-13-2011 at 06:09 PM..

Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKick View Post
I see the Texas bashing all over the place. Mostly from people whom have never even set foot here. My opinion: we're better off without them anyways. I love it here and I don't need anyone to validate my feelings.
That's the best reply I've seen all day. Just get over it jifie Texas bashers are numerous and quite stubborn. If it makes you feel any better I was born a Chicagoan but I wouldn't leave Texas for anywhere else.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jifie View Post
Knowing the definition of a metaphor and actually properly executing a metaphor are two completely different skill sets.

See the other thread re: our d*** fencing match.
Sorry, I'm unarmed there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas