Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 12:14 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,830,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
I haven't read many of the posts, but I'll say I can't stand him, considering his condescending attitude toward education. Also can't stand the type of religion he espouses. That's not Christianity.

You haven't missed anything, no worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 12:15 AM

10,238 posts, read 19,516,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
I did. I answered that question. I answered it clearly. Because you are a company man for the GOP, you may have glossed over the answer because it didn't fit your world view. I find it very infantile to say "answer the question, answer the question" over and over again when I HAVE answered the question. Why do you keep asking the question if you aren't going to bother reading the answer?

And, while your melodrama is fun "are you THREATENING ME!!!" , When I say something is dangerously off topic, I only mean that it will soon be erased by a moderator, especially since the moderator has made it very clear what he will allow in the Texas forums. And since he has erased enough of your posts at this point, one would think YOU would be aware of it too.

But the drivel you write is only fit for erasing anyway, so shrug. I guess it was always meant to be.

You do crack me up though. "answer the question, answer the question!!!". I did TexasReb, I did answer the question.

I can only imagine what dinnertime is like around your house.

TexasReb: What do you want for dinner?
TexasReb's wife: Let's have chicken.
TexasReb: ANSWER THE QUESTION, ANSWER THE QUESTION, SURELY YOU MUST HAVE AN ANSWER, SURELY YOUR PHILOSOPHY ALLOWS FOR AN ANSWER!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR DINNER!!!
TexasReb's wife: I said let's have chicken, are you stupid?
TexasReb: ANSWER THE QUESTION! WHY WON'T ANYONE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!!!!!
TexasReb's wife: .......I think you should answer my question about being stupid first.
TexasReb: ARE YOU THREATENING ME!!!!!

Who is the man/woman dying of cancer and does not have insurance that you keep bringing up as the epitome of the neglected you are so concerned about? I mean, if you are all that concerned... then fer gawd sake, what is their name? Do they have an address, phone number, next of kin...?

And what are you personally doing to keep them from dying and/or easing them out of this world? Money, spiritual comfort, what....?

Old 09-25-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Who is the man/woman dying of cancer and does not have insurance that you keep bringing up? What is their name? Do they have an address, phone number, whatever;.

And what are you personally doing to keep them from dying? Money, spiritual comfort, what?
It is incredibly lazy on your part to continue to ask the same question over and over again when the answer has been provided for you.

Post 57 answered the above question. You have now asked it for the 3rd time tonight. If my answer to you is not what you are looking for, then clarify the question, or explain which part of my answer is confusing you. As it stands, I am just assuming that you are not reading the answer on purpose, and if that's the case, you are wasting everyone's time.

I mean Jeez dude, really? Do you have to have people repost their answers 30 times before you read them? If you just wanted to talk to yourself, you have 4 walls in your house. Why bother us?

Quote:
The person I was talking about in my examples of far right nastiness was a hypothetical person, posed in a hypothetical question to Ron Paul, a Texas Congressman. While I could go into the many many reason why Ron Paul is a fool, we are not discussing that right now. And once again, I am not debating the issue of whom should care for the sick and the dying. I am only commenting that someone who is running for President of the Free World, when at a debate of their constituents, and while hearing the phrase "LET HIM DIE!" should at least perk up their ears and say..."Wow, no no no no". Even Rick Perry said, after the fact, "No, that is wrong. We are the party of life.".

Old 09-25-2011, 12:34 AM

Quote:
It is incredibly lazy on your part to continue to ask the same question over and over again when the answer has been provided for you.

Post 57 answered the above question. You have now asked it for the 3rd time tonight. If my answer to you is not what you are looking for, then clarify the question, or explain which part of my answer is confusing you. As it stands, I am just assuming that you are not reading the answer on purpose, and if that's the case, you are wasting everyone's time.

I mean Jeez dude, really? Do you have to have people repost their answers 30 times before you read them? If you just wanted to talk to yourself, you have 4 walls in your house. Why bother us?
Who is "us"? What group do you speak for now?

ROFLMO

Getting a little pi$sed and testy, are we? Good. I hope so, and might even give you a few additional things to get you a bit more pis$ed and testy about.

Now then, for the umpteenth time, who IS this person dying of cancer without insurance that Wolf Blitzer (and you, I suppose) says society is letting die sans socialized health care? I guess...

What is his name? Do you know it? Do you know him/her? I would think a concerned fellow like yourself would at least be on a first name basis with someone whose cause you embrace and champion. And it follows to be reasonable to ask how much of your own money do you give to help keep the afflicted person alive? How many hours have you spent visiting the poor soul in the hospital?

Last edited by TexasReb; 09-25-2011 at 12:54 AM..

Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Who is "us"? What group do you speak for now?

ROFLMO

Getting a little pi$sed and testy, are we? Good. I hope so, and might even give you a few additional things to get you a bit more pis$ed and testy about.

Now then, for the umpteenth time, who IS this person dying of cancer without insurance that Wolf Blitzer (and you, I suppose) says society is letting die sans socialized health care? I guess...

What is his name? Do you know it? Do you know him/her? I would think a concerned fellow like yourself would at least be on a first name basis with someone whose cause you embrace and champion. And it follows to be reasonable to ask how much of your own money do you give to help keep the afflicted person alive? How many hours have you spent visiting the poor soul in the hospital?
You make 2 wrong assumptions above.

1) That I get pissed off over internet opinions.
2) That anything you have to say would make me rethink my opinions. In order for me to pause and reconsider a person's opinions, I have to deem them an intelligent and unbiased source of information. I consider you neither.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You make 2 wrong assumptions above.

1) That I get pissed off over internet opinions.
2) That anything you have to say would make me rethink my opinions. In order for me to pause and reconsider a person's opinions, I have to deem them an intelligent and unbiased source of information. I consider you neither.
You realize, of course, that such an abrupt breakup/wording on your part breaks my heart and that, thus, I must accept -- painful as it is -- that you and I can no longer be good friends? Are you saying the world famous and regarded and illustrious JayBrown no longer respects nor considers me of any consequence worthy of his time and articulate postings? Break it to me gently, will you? Gosh darn, I don't know what I will do...except perhaps drink a few beers!

Now then. How much money and time have you personally spent with/on that guy who is dying of cancer (the one you apparently believe that "hateful" conservatives think should just die). What is his name?

Last edited by TexasReb; 09-25-2011 at 01:28 PM..

Old 09-25-2011, 01:04 PM

12,866 posts, read 13,179,618 times
Well, Perry seems to be choking about as bad as A&M did yesterday against OSU at home.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
=JayBrown80;21026401]You make 2 wrong assumptions above.
And I meant to add earlier. Podner? Your replies are not -- contrary to what you might think -- flying over my head. They amuse me in fact, and if I am coming across to you as obtuse? Then it is intentional.

My question is and remains the essential one I keep asking. Who is the person in real life, -- not a made up character trotted out by a talking head -- that is going to die of cancer because some cold-hearted right winger will lead "society" in that direction.

I am not interested in dealing with the "hypothetical". That is the ploy of those on the left whether it be people dying or people living. I admit it works well works because there is no answer to it in any dimension because the reality of it is non-existant and the "character" can always be re-invented to suit.

THAT is why I keep asking the question of you I do. About the real live flesh and blood person who is the victim of hateful and nasty (to use your terms) right wing policies. Not this make-believe perpetual victim. Like I say, if you are so concerned about those who are suffering, then it stands to reason that you must personally feel a moral obligation to spend your own time and money on other people who are less fortunate than yourself. Not other peoples money, but your money. And that you would also know them by real name.

Now then, time to get off line and watch that dammed ol' Fox News channel, then hit the sack! Have yerself a good un' now, ya hear?

Last edited by TexasReb; 09-25-2011 at 05:40 PM..

Old 09-28-2011, 08:59 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,216,934 times
Rick Perry:

Anti-constitution, anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-education, anti-environment. He is an embarrassment to Texas as is anyone who voted for him.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Rick Perry:

Anti-constitution, anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-education, anti-environment. He is an embarrassment to Texas as is anyone who voted for him.
Just to ask...

1. What do you mean by "anti-constitution"? Does he support the repeal of certain ammendments, or what?

2. What do you mean by "anti-woman"? I believe he has a wife and daugher and sister. Does he hate women..? If so, how and why?

3. What do you mean by "anti-education"? Is he against the idea of someone getting a public education?

4. What do you mean by "anti-environment"? Does he hate the existence of trees and lakes and would turn the earth into a huge concrete parking lot if he had his way?

What are you saying here? Please be more specific in exactly what you mean by all this "anti" this or "anti" that type stuff. Otherwise, all that vague spew, along with a dollar, will get you a draw beer in a Texas beer joint (at least in those I used to hang out in! )

Personally -- as I have said before -- I am no fan of Rick Perry in the sense of believing him to truly believe what he says he does. I mistrust him and something instinctively is askance by his whole persona; he reminds of Clinton in that regard. And his stance on illegal immigration is, IMHO, a great indicator of what a phony he really is.

BUT...with that said? Something even more irritating are self-righteous accusations -- whether it be at Perry or anyone else -- that ascribe emotive negative-worded labels without bothering to back up what they mean by the them. It is a typical leftist tactic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas