Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:11 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times

Advertisements

Jeez. Where did I say that I can decide whether or not a "complete stranger needs a truck"? I can't! Allow me to reiterate that I'm all for those who need a truck having one. I do not think that most people who live in cities need one, although very occasionally everyone could use one. Some of the responses to my post seem to show that trucks are a rather emotional issue. I had one in the distant past and liked it a great deal, but gas was under a dollar a gallon then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 09:35 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Jeez. Where did I say that I can decide whether or not a "complete stranger needs a truck"? I can't! Allow me to reiterate that I'm all for those who need a truck having one. I do not think that most people who live in cities need one, although very occasionally everyone could use one. Some of the responses to my post seem to show that trucks are a rather emotional issue. I had one in the distant past and liked it a great deal, but gas was under a dollar a gallon then.
I suspect the emotion has less to do with the truck, as such, and more to do with the idea that someone can decide for an entire population (city dwellers, as an example) whether or not they "need" a particular vehicle and judge them accordingly.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:38 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Jeez. Where did I say that I can decide whether or not a "complete stranger needs a truck"? I can't!
Exactly,

Old 09-22-2011, 11:31 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I actually enjoy most Texas themed ads. My favorite being the one for Dairy Queen. "DQ, that's what I like about Teeeexas" (the old one, not the new one).

I can always appreciate a good jingle.
Oh no, that's one of the worst! It might as well be a truck commercial. Besides Dairy Queen is not exclusive to Texas. Why would that be something to like about Texas?

Old 09-22-2011, 12:51 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
That one actually doesn't bother me all that much, even if it doesn't have 'exclusive to Texas' credentials.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:48 PM

172 posts, read 411,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Nice trick

You probably want see one of these advertised on TV but it's a lot of fun to drive!

nice you got a raptor?

i cant believe they made a crew cab, anyhow they are sweet. never rode in one, how tall are they? if i had one id want to put a brush or grille guard on it. mostly because they are so much deer in texas you wouldnt want to hit one while messing around in open fields let alone while driving it at night. be a shame to damage your grille

Old 09-28-2011, 07:49 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
Oh no, that's one of the worst! It might as well be a truck commercial. Besides Dairy Queen is not exclusive to Texas. Why would that be something to like about Texas?
Texas Dairy Queens do have their own unique menu items. Maybe that's what the guy likes about Texas.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:55 PM

674 posts, read 1,538,648 times
The truck commercials are annoying to me becausethey are stereotypical and they play them over and over. I'm like enough already just like those damn Dairy Queen commercials!

Old 09-29-2011, 03:56 PM

674 posts, read 1,538,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
Oh yeah and it's not Dairy Queen it's Der Queen.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:11 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbro View Post
The truck commercials are annoying to me becausethey are stereotypical and they play them over and over. I'm like enough already just like those damn Dairy Queen commercials!
The annoying commercials are the auto insurance ones...

I wish that little green lizard would get run over or picked up by a bird....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: