Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:33 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times

Advertisements

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-now-radio/WellBye.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
Work for Chrysler. You can smoke dope and drink while building cars. You won't be fired, and receive a nice pension. It seems like a match if you don't mind living in Ohio or Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguitarist1 View Post
I got sick suday night and come to find out monday I was being admitted in the hospital and the vice president of the company I work for was calling me. My wife answered the phone and told him I would return his phone call as soon as I could. After being admitted in the hospital I called my Boss back and he told me the client let me go because of missing to much work. I told him I always bring a doctors excuse and that is not right. he said the company is a billion dollar company and they can do what they want. I said is this the same billion dollar company that filled bank ruptcy only 3 years ago? he said anyways we will have to find you another job. I know this man they will leave me hanging till I quit. or they will find me a job that pays way less than I am worth. Does anyone know what I can do? I think the company we were contracted through was wrong for letting me go. they have others that miss work all the time for less than being in the hospital and they have employees that miss just because and don't even bring in a doctors excuse. I think I'm being judged by my color I am Hispanic and they don't treat the whites there like they treat me. I was the only hispanic employee that was working for my company. they treat the blacks just as bad.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:04 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
You don't really want to work for that company anyway, do you? If they discriminate, maybe they did you a favor by firing you.

How much work have you missed over the span of your employment? That seems to be the crux of the matter.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:29 PM

103 posts, read 102,668 times
Quote:
I got sick suday night and come to find out monday I was being admitted in the hospital and the vice president of the company I work for was calling me. My wife answered the phone and told him I would return his phone call as soon as I could. After being admitted in the hospital I called my Boss back and he told me the client let me go because of missing to much work. I told him I always bring a doctors excuse and that is not right. he said the company is a billion dollar company and they can do what they want. I said is this the same billion dollar company that filled bank ruptcy only 3 years ago? he said anyways we will have to find you another job. I know this man they will leave me hanging till I quit. or they will find me a job that pays way less than I am worth. Does anyone know what I can do? I think the company we were contracted through was wrong for letting me go. they have others that miss work all the time for less than being in the hospital and they have employees that miss just because and don't even bring in a doctors excuse. I think I'm being judged by my color I am Hispanic and they don't treat the whites there like they treat me. I was the only hispanic employee that was working for my company. they treat the blacks just as bad.

Texas is a right-to-work state and any employer can fire any employee for any reason - unless they have a contract.

Do you have an impeccale record of job performance?

How much work have you missed total?

How many doctor's excuses have you presented?

Does the company have ANY proven, obvious history of discrimination against Hispanics and/or blacks?

Have you requested an in-person meeting with your boss or the owner of company?

Are the white employees of the company better or worse at their jobs than you?

Are you sure you're not playing the race card?

And . . .

Does your job require proper spelling and grammatical skills?

Old 10-01-2011, 09:53 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,035 times
Moderator cut: off topic/personal

texas is a right to work state. they can fire you for no reason.

Last edited by Bo; 10-02-2011 at 01:37 PM..

Old 08-03-2012, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,155 times
Default reasonal cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
They can fire you for having the wrong haircut, if they want. They just have to pay higher unemployment premiums if they do too much firing w/o cause.
I understand an employer can fire anybody at will.Just to let you know their is
federal provisions regarding medical situations as:employee needs special accomadations
for their needs.companies that terminate employees under these conditions is a
automatic discrimination suit.Iam am white and included this information upon discussing
this matter with the DOLH civil rights officer.If the employee was terminated upon or before
their inquiry on short term disibility will raise a red flag against the employer.pardon
my expression,"I call it the smoking gun".Common sense tells us the judge will find that
very suspicious of the company.This concludes my review as I hope this a good help
to any of you.TY.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:00 PM

795 posts, read 1,585,677 times
Quote:
Oh brother. Somebody else trying to play that race card instead of taking responsibility for himself.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:21 PM

308 posts, read 638,205 times
A billion dollar company in Texas with only one Hispanic employee?

I hope you get it worked out. If your boss is that tough you should probably use this time to find another job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: